Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel motel introducing a peak season surcharge

Options
2»

Comments

Well the service hasn't got any better. Package delivered to Belfast on Thursday morning and still hasn't made it to Dublin for distribution to a locker yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

recipio wrote: »
    That really means 'we have a chance to gouge you for Xmas shopping and we're going to do it'. I never heard of a business increase prices just because they were busy.

An Post have already it twice in the past 12
    months.

0.55 cent extra for 5/6 weeks for a great service during a global crisis when most retail units are shut - sounds reasonable. And if that makes their delivery guys lifes a little easier or safer then I’m happy to pay the fifty cent for the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Corvus Libros

An Post's prices have gone down since last year, not up.

5kg standard post was €15 in 2019, now €11
    15kg was €25, now €13
    20kg was €30, now €16

Thankfully I’ve switched to address pal and find it great - I don’t need parcel motel and especially not at inflated prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

PM switched my locker pickup location without any notification. I was standing there like a gobshíte trying to pick up a parcel on my way home and I kept getting the "oops" message. I checked my account and saw the location had changed to what I can only assume is a brand new locker location, because it doesn't show up as one of their listed locations and it's not on their map. It's also no closer to my home than my regular pickup point when driving, so I don't know why they switched it and why they never even told me. Their support page doesn't work anymore, so I have to wait until Monday to ring them on the number they try to hide from their customers. What a shítshow!

Stay Free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

I checked my PM account and found my locker location had changed again to my original location and the one they had changed it to temporarily still does not show up on their system. I rang to find out what the hell they are doing to my account and was told that they might send parcels to other lockers because they are busy. I receive a number of parcels every day, so potentially could be sent to 2, or 3 different lockers to collect parcels and they say there is nothing they can do because "Christmas" and "the pandemic". I told the rep that I don't mind if my pickup point is changed to another location, but I want it to be one location where all my parcels go and to inform me of any changes. If it happens again, my business will find another home.

Stay Free

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

PM switched my locker pickup location without any notification. I was standing there like a gobshíte trying to pick up a parcel on my way home and I kept getting the "oops" message. I checked my account and saw the location had changed to what I can only assume is a brand new locker location, because it doesn't show up as one of their listed locations and it's not on their map. It's also no closer to my home than my regular pickup point when driving, so I don't know why they switched it and why they never even told me. Their support page doesn't work anymore, so I have to wait until Monday to ring them on the number they try to hide from their customers. What a shítshow!

This happened to me back in ~2017 around when they launched. The motel I use is on my commute, the one they sent it to was miles away. Pain in the hole. Hasnt happened since though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The cheek of them to charge extra when their service has gone to ****. Item arrived Thursday in Limerick depot. Never scanned it. Sitting there for the last week and never scanned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Do you know what, I stand corrected.

Yes their customer service is crap and yes when it goes wrong, boy does it go wrong for them, but all companies make mistakes, especially cheap delivery companies.

What I have found recently is their delivery to addresses is quite cheap, what can cost up to 15 20 euro for me with an post I can get delivered for 6 euro in 48 hours to a home address with me dropping off at a box. Likewise, I just sent something to the UK, 14.50 Euro it cost me, will be delivered by UPS that side of the water, an post was quoting me 35 euro and was about the same price with most of the delivery companies.

So while yes, when it goes wrong I swear till I'm blue in the fact that I won't use them again, but I do, and most of the time it's quite smooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Happy_Harry

recipio wrote: »
    That really means 'we have a chance to gouge you for Xmas shopping and we're going to do it'. I never heard of a business increase prices just because they were busy.

Airlines? Hotels ?

I don't find it all that remarkable to be honest- I have used them for many years now. with zero issues and I don't remember a price increase, it is not like Sky or so ..
    I can only hope they use the money for continued investment.

I do mind the issue of restricting larger packages , especially as already mentioned because of the unpredictability of Amazon packagers.

I very much like the fact that I am in control. I live pretty rural and I prefer to know where to pick up my deliveries rather than guess where a stressed out courier has left it this time(despite an eircode)

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Good to get the push from parcel motel to try other services properly, gave parcel wizard first go this week, next day delivery to home once arrived in Antrim for 3.95 for oversize package. That would have taken 2-4 days with parcelmotel and cost 16€ Or 8€ if went and collected it from their depot.

A combination of them seems like most likely option, and have moved Amazon prime to home delivery for items that aren’t UK only. Estimate parcelmotel will lose about 40€ a month from me. Although it was just laziness sticking with them and UK delivery will probably not be a big need from January on anyway.

Advertisement