Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entry Level BB/AP Question

• 30-10-2020 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Afternoon all

I'm looking to get VM 250Gb broadband installed (likely to go for basic Sky package for TV). House recently renovated (lots of insulation etc so WiFi not great) cabled with Cat5e and CoAx from attic.
    I'd like to distribute the VM BB from the attic and install a few (2 or 3) AP/Repeaters around the house for WiFi and Ethernet connections. I know there are loads of historic threads on this...but will the latest VM routers allow me install ethernet-connected APs/Repeaters without too much technical knowledge ??. Or will I need to get some Network-type company to setup ??. It's only for typical use, Smart TVs, Consoles, + two people working from home.

Last thing - is there a go-to AP/Repeater for this type of application that doesn't require a PhD in Networking to setup ?.

Many thanks,
    K

Advertisement