Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheltenham 2021 Antepost

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    It is a good job Cry Baby has buckets of cash.

He has one out today with Venetia Willams at Haydock.

He is a rip off merchant, did all his customers for millions a few seasons ago... when he didn't want to play anymore.

Vautour overhyped, bet nothing of any significance, was a bookies dream. A return of 4 quid over 15, just enough to squander on the next race ands not enough to spend anywhere else. He only won 4 grade 1, a lot more horses have won a lot more grade 1's and a lot more money for punters.

Just saying.

First three sentences are nice I am sure they sounded funny in your head, what they have to do with the merits of Vautour is beyond me, but each to their own.

He won five Grade Ones and again winning money for mug punters not really his job, he was odds on most days because of what he produced on the course.

Its very clear that you did your nuts it when Mullins/Ricci sold everyone a pup and switched at the last minute, but to use that as some sort of slight against the horse, is pretty pathetic.

Just saying.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Pogue eile wrote: »
    First three sentences are nice I am sure they sounded funny in your head, what they have to do with the merits of Vautour is beyond me, but each to their own.

He won five Grade Ones and again winning money for mug punters not really his job, he was odds on most days because of what he produced on the course.

Its very clear that you did your nuts it when Mullins/Ricci sold everyone a pup and switched at the last minute, but to use that as some sort of slight against the horse, is pretty pathetic.

Just saying.

To clarify, I never back overhyped horses.

I might be a bit of a mug, but I know when the bookies are having a laugh.

Vautour overhyped, beat nothing of any significance and was a bookies dream.

Just Saying.

Where would you rate Faugheen and Douvan, because I think its clear you have a huge dislike for Ricci and Mullins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,159 ✭✭✭piplip87

Cheer lads I remember Mullins having a 2 year or 3 year old in a maiden a few years ago and he won well couldn't think of the name. Threw a small bet on Micro manage ot the supreme at 25s.

Nothing else really done just a few small bets on. Seriously tempted to put a few quid on Faugheen for the Gold Cup. Pure fantasy stuff but imagine having that to look forward to the whole week

Where would you rate Faugheen and Douvan, because I think its clear you have a huge dislike for Ricci and Mullins.

That is not really a fair comment to make.

I don't dislike anyone.

Please don't get too cute, it mightn't suit ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

To clarify, I never back overhyped horses.

I might be a bit of a mug, but I know when the bookies are having a laugh.

Just Saying.

The 3 days Vautour won at the festival the bookies did their stones on him. The first, he was a relatively big priced favorite at 4s+ in the opener, which is a disaster situation for bookmakers. The other two were near even money on Thursdays when a few other favorites went in.

You're right in that he fell a couple of times at 1/3 and 1/5 and was beaten at 4/9. On days however where turnover was fraction of Cheltenham days. Punters remember him fondly because of his talent mainly but there was far more won than lost on him given he got it done when it mattered most, at punters prices (Evens+)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Great to see the Ricci colours winning at Haydock there.

That is not really a fair comment to make.

I don't dislike anyone.

Please don't get too cute, it mightn't suit ya?

Are you dodging the question?

Are you dodging the question?

Listen, I have won a nice few bets on the back of Cry Baby's horsies.

But Vautour was a poor betting proposition, particularly over fences, as he proved. His most profitable spell was over the hurdles.

Just Saying.

Overhyped in one of the weakest divisions for a decade.
    Over hyped, you have to see the wood from the trees.

Vautour overhyped, bet nothing of any significance,

But Vautour was a poor betting proposition, particularly over fences, as he proved. His most profitable spell was over the hurdles.

Just Saying.

So he has gone from an over rated horse who beat nothing to a 'poor betting proposition'

Think we might be getting somewhere here, look its ok to admit that you made a tit of yourself and just put your hands up, continuing with the same nonsense is far worse!

For the third time, where would you rank Faugheen and Douvan? Or is it just the silks that allow you to judge objectively?

• Advertisement

So he has gone from an over rated horse who beat nothing to a 'poor betting proposition'

Think we might be getting somewhere here, look its ok to admit that you made a tit of yourself and just put your hands up, continuing with the same nonsense is far worse!

For the third time, where would you rank Faugheen and Douvan? Or is it just the silks that allow you to judge objectively?

No he will always be overrated and overhyped in my book, in particular as a chaser. Despite how well he won his Ryanair, he rode punters up the hole the next twice and as I said he was a better hurdler. Look at the stats. Over fences he returned a loss to punters... and yet everyone salivates about him over one round of jumping when he beat nothing by 6 lengths? You shouldn't need me to tell you this?

You don't need me to tell you what a freak Faugheen is, he will be winning again this season , at 13, a living legend. Douvan too.

I won more money on Champagne Fever, Scotsirish , Pomme Tieppe, Sharjah, Limini, etc etc etc.

J J J J J Just saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭NaiveMelodies

A return of 4 quid over 15 races, hardly a punters dream?

Honestly one of the worst points I've ever seen made around these parts!

You don't need me to tell you what a freak Faugheen is, he will be winning again this season , at 13, a living legend. Douvan too.

This is very interesting, unless there is an equally well named poster imitating you, you stated a mere 12 months ago that you rated Vautour as the best of the three :D:D:D:D:D:D

FRAUD

Honestly one of the worst points I've ever seen made around these parts!

Yawn.

Here, can someone please wake me up later?

Thanks.

Just before I go... do you reckon Síobhán Rutledge is overhyped?

Asking for a friend?

This is very interesting, unless there is an equally well named poster imitating you, you stated a mere 12 months ago that you rated Vautour as the best of the three :D:D:D:D:D:D

FRAUD

See ya, good luck.

Have a nice day.

Like watching a car crash :D

Like watching a car crash :D

She certainly knows how to spin them wide. Cheeky bitch.

akelly02 wrote: »
    Kauto star didnt mind turning 12 a few days later when he won his 5th king george.

altior will prove on saturday he hasnt lost it , so for me the value lies with him.

has been trimmed from 8s to 6s without running , so expect another clipping on saturday

Just incase you missed it and are interested, B365 are 14/1 Altior to win Saturday and win the QM in March. I think he is very skinny for March but took this, no chance in March if he doesn't win on Saturday, so for me its 14/1 to win the QM, value!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

Just incase you missed it and are interested, B365 are 14/1 Altior to win Saturday and win the QM in March. I think he is very skinny for March but took this, no chance in March if he doesn't win on Saturday, so for me its 14/1 to win the QM, value!

i promised myself one antepost bet for cheltenham , and that was the treble .

i then done a single on him

so im finished unfortunately!!!

but i only need the one bet, cos the treble is coming in!!

No he will always be overrated and overhyped in my book, in particular as a chaser. Despite how well he won his Ryanair, he rode punters up the hole the next twice and as I said he was a better hurdler. Look at the stats. Over fences he returned a loss to punters... and yet everyone salivates about him over one round of jumping when he beat nothing by 6 lengths? You shouldn't need me to tell you this?

I actually think Douvan is far more talented but you're contradicting yourself here massively. Half your argument is that Vautour was a bad betting proposition. Douvan has cost punters far more than Vautour, despite what your stupid little metric might say.

Vautour has won an Open company race at Cheltenham, Douvan hasn't. Douvan has also beaten nothing in his career bar Sizing John running over a trip a mile too short. Vautour has at least beaten a Supreme novice winner multiple times, a Ryanair winner, probably had a future Gold Cup winner beaten when the latter fell over 3m

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I actually think Douvan is far more talented but you're contradicting yourself here massively. Half your argument is that Vautour was a bad betting proposition. Douvan has cost punters far more than Vautour, despite what your stupid little metric might say.

Vautour has won an Open company race at Cheltenham, Douvan hasn't. Douvan has also beaten nothing in his career bar Sizing John running over a trip a mile too short. Vautour has at least beaten a Supreme novice winner multiple times, a Ryanair winner, probably had a future Gold Cup winner beaten when the latter fell over 3m

I know you have a thick tongue, but picking on people online is really sad pal?Try to be civil please, at least?

Anyone who followed Vautour over fences lost their money, it is that simple. I can only count the results, the hype is for all the layers out there.

I was being nice about Douvan. Enough said.

I know you have a thick tongue, but picking on people online is really sad pal?Try to be civil please, at least?

Anyone who followed Vautour over fences lost their money, it is that simple. I can only count the results, the hype is for all the layers out there.

I was being nice about Douvan. Enough said.

The weight of money on him for his heavy fav 6/4 and Evs victories at the festival would far outweigh 3 chase losses at other meetings, for your bog standard Joe Public punter at least. I think that much is obvious to anyone that understands markets.

I wasn't attacking you, i was attacking the metric whereby you said he had a return of £4 from 15 races. Which is miles wrong if its to level stakes and is a plain ridiculous method if it's derived to a pre defined win amount. Either way its something I strongly suggest you ignore in future

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

This now gone in to 8/1?

carq wrote: »
    This now gone in to 8/1?

Yep, I see that. Shocking bet at that price, he is 7/1 to win the Champion Chase, why would you take the 8s. They have clearly seen a bit more action on the 14s than expected.

As a backer at 14s the initial worry has to be the ground on Saturday, forecast is terrible and I don't think Nicky will run him in very soft ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

a lot of their specials are terrible

Cyrname 25/1 for KG and gold cup
    Even though he is 9/4 and 16/1 for each currently.

carq wrote: »
    a lot of their specials are terrible

Cyrname 25/1 for KG and gold cup
    Even though he is 9/4 and 16/1 for each currently.

That works out at 7/1 for the GC, he would have to be a mighty impressive winner of the KG to be cut to 7s for the GC.

Its always difficult to calculate value in 'related bets' due to the uncertainty of how the markets will react if the first leg comes in. But in this case, I would find it very difficult to see Cyrname being any shorter that 7/1 on the day come March.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭ON ZEE BRIDLE

Seen a few comments on Micro Manage. Recent spins on the flat didn't show much promise though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Seen a few comments on Micro Manage. Recent spins on the flat didn't show much promise though?

I'm sure people picked up on Rubys remark about the Supreme route on Ledger Day. Lots of talk since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭zpehtsfd

Shishkin cut to 5/4 on Betfair now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

zpehtsfd wrote: »

and i hope he fhucking romps home

zpehtsfd wrote: »

6/4 still available in plenty of places. Very short to be perfectly honest, so many potential opponents that we haven't seen yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

Might be worth putting a fiver on Kilcruit for the Ballymore and Albert B. Now with willie Mullins and same owners as appreciate it so I’d say they will run in either races. Tony Mullins was talking up this horse before getting beat before lockdown. Runs tomorrow in a bumper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

spuddiesal wrote: »
    Might be worth putting a fiver on Kilcruit for the Ballymore and Albert B. Now with willie Mullins and same owners as appreciate it so I’d say they will run in either races. Tony Mullins was talking up this horse before getting beat before lockdown. Runs tomorrow in a bumper.

He mentioned it at the ATR Cheltenham Preview as his banker to get the Cheltenham 2020 funds up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭stretchaq

Done my lucky 31 for the festival

Ryanair - min 6s
    Champion - Sharjah 20s
    Gold cup - Percy 16s
    Pertemps - moyhaaded 20s
    Mares novice - shewearsitwell 6s

All certainties I’d say .........😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭supremenovice

2021 - The year Rachael Blackmore becomes a household name in the UK and Ireland thanks to becoming Champion Jockey at the Cheltenham Festival.

Arkle: Captain Guinness 16/1
    Champion H: Aspire Tower 20/1
    Champion C: Put the Kettle On 8/1
    Ryanair: A Plus Tard 12/1
    Gold Cup: Minella Indo 8/1

€1 unit Canadian

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Just checking supreme and ballymore prices on 365 and ferny hollow no longer listed in their betting ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 605 ✭✭✭famagusta

Just checking supreme and ballymore prices on 365 and ferny hollow no longer listed in their betting ??

Twitter is alive with rumours for the past week, he's apparently out for the season with a pelvis injury. Apparently Easywork is dead??!!
    I think he has been removed from some markets too,
    The trainers should address these rumours especially if the bookies are removing horses from races

famagusta wrote:
    Twitter is alive with rumours for the past week, he's apparently out for the season with a pelvis injury. Apparently Easywork is dead??!! I think he has been removed from some markets too, The trainers should address these rumours especially if the bookies are removing horses from races

Elliot just came out re Easywork, not dead !😠back in jan
    No word from willie about ferny and rumours around ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

famagusta wrote: »

Think that was a fake account

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Coneygree

famagusta wrote: »

Fake Gordon account that one.

Appears it might be true, absolutely gutted for connections if so. Would have loved to see him jump a fence over 3 miles.

No idea what the story with Ferny is but he's such a daft horse he looks like he could get freak injuries. Hopefully useless Twitter talk.

Terrible if true alright, he looked a right horse

He's dead alright, confirmed today

So Ferny is officially ruled out for the festival, had a chance to cashout a couple of weeks back when the rumours first started. Bookies have been shrewd and have him removed from markets and cash out with a good few days, ah well. I guess it does sort my headache for the Supreme/Ballymore!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Coneygree wrote: »
    So Ferny is officially ruled out for the festival, had a chance to cashout a couple of weeks back when the rumours first started. Bookies have been shrewd and have him removed from markets and cash out with a good few days, ah well. I guess it does sort my headache for the Supreme/Ballymore!

What's the story here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

That's the Tower Bridge bets gone. Looked like a bad one unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Got a bit giddy today and done a yankee (small fourfold too on top of that)...

Sire Du Berlais in the Stayers 8/1
    Tower Bridge in the Pertemps 16/1
    Envoi Allen in the Marsh 2/1
    Saint Roi in the Champion Hurdle 8/1
    Slattsy wrote: »

Heartbroken Slatts... Am I wishful thinking about NRNB? Are bookies even NRNB yet? Can't think straight :o

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Having a good EW bet now on Delta Work in Gold Cup (33/1). If he goes close Monday (saville/Lexus) which I think he will , could well be half that price or less for GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭spuddiesal

I think Klassical Dream is worth a bet at 20/1 for Arkle before he runs tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »

Sadly put down

Advertisement