Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Late Late Show - Friday 30th October.

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Such a genuine dedicated lady with zero alterior motive

It’s a genuine motive in fairness.

It’s not a popularity contest, it’s genuinely a fight for justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Skid X wrote: »
    I hope that report gets published very soon, the legal profession seems to be very good at finding excuses not to do the right thing

Se3e what Woulfe did there.....postponing his interview....its up to 4 now. Id say hell stick it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭bigroad

Sure if there is any compo ,the church will get the state to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Bill Bailey playing a mandolin on the Graham Norton show and the audience ( yes there is a small socially distanced one ) and other guests clapping along.A world away from the Late Late Show.

Yes but all the touchpoints :D

I saw some work people did to replicate the airport for Microsoft Flight Sim, looks amazing, they had clips of landing and take-off.

It's the simplest airport routing in the wirrrrld. You take off from Dublin, set altimeter to 17000, commence flight heading about 350 degrees until abreast Dundalk, set to intercept Donegal VOR overhead airport at about 280 degrees, start descent over Fermanagh, once 2 nautical miles beyond radial of Donegal VOR turn 360 degrees towards Tory, descending to 4000, then just beyond Bloody Foreland commence starboard turn south flying parallel with west coast, and commence final descent to runway 5 minutes ahead. Should be no lower than 2000 before being nicely visual with runway, than gear, flaps, speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

bigroad wrote: »
    Sure if there is any compo ,the church will get the state to pay.

The State is equally complicit. Don't forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Tomorrow night is supposed to be the first full moon on Halloween since 1974 enjoy tomorrow folks.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

There's no way a film like Borat would get made today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Farce of an interview, why is he not questioning the crooked state in this? Almost blaming Joe and Jane Soap for not knowing what was going on in a closed off childrens home in their town.

Cos Tubridy is part of that very system that could be severely damaged by the outcome of this story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,598 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Nos da, folks!

Stay safe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Tomorrow night is supposed to be the first full moon on Halloween since 1974 enjoy tomorrow folks.

It's was (and is) bloody massive. Love it but ruins my sleep pattern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,856 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's the simplest airport routing in the wirrrrld. You take off from Dublin, set altimeter to 17000, commence flight about grading 350 degrees until abreast Dundalk, set to intercept Donegal VOR overhead airport at about 280 degrees, start descent over Fermanagh, once 2 nautical miles beyond radial of Donegal VOR turn 360 degrees towards Tory, descending to 4000, then just beyond Bloody Foreland commence starboard turn south flying parallel with west coast, and commence final descent to runway 5 minutes ahead. Should be no lower than 2000 before being nicely visual with runway, than gear, flaps, speed.

If I win the Euromillions tonight I will purchase a sea plane for arsing about in on weekends :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,712 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

We seem to have a bunch of new weather forecasters lately.

I like this one, she looks like she can't quite believe they've given her the big job. And a grand job she does of it.

Wind and rain forecast, moon might not be visible.

Nos da, folks!

Stay safe :)

Party on, dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

That's my get out clause. God help anyone who knocks on my door tomorrow night.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    We seem to have a bunch of new weather forecasters lately.

I like this one, she looks like she can't quite believe they've given her the big job. And a grand job she does of it.

She's good, but Michelle Dillon is the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

It's the simplest airport routing in the wirrrrld. You take off from Dublin, set altimeter to 17000, commence flight heading about 350 degrees until abreast Dundalk, set to intercept Donegal VOR overhead airport at about 280 degrees, start descent over Fermanagh, once 2 nautical miles beyond radial of Donegal VOR turn 360 degrees towards Tory, descending to 4000, then just beyond Bloody Foreland commence starboard turn south flying parallel with west coast, and commence final descent to runway 5 minutes ahead. Should be no lower than 2000 before being nicely visual with runway, than gear, flaps, speed.

Jaysus Catmaniac, sure that's easier than a Donal Skehan recipe! :P

Seamai wrote: »
    That's my get out clause. God help anyone who knocks on my door tomorrow night.

The wind will be only think knocking. Every cloud, and all that.

• Advertisement

If I win the Euromillions tonight I will purchase a sea plane for arsing about in on weekends :D

There was a paedo bishop who used to arse around Weston in a sea plane in my day. My father used to be always tit tutting at a bishop owning that aircraft and saying he couldn't be a very holy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭maebee

Catherine Corless has done fantastic work on this very dark story in our history. I remember being near to tears watching her on the LLS a few years ago and the audience rightly giving her a standing ovation. But this subject is for Morning Ireland, Claire Byrne, News at One. It is not suitable for a Friday night entertainment show.

maebee wrote: »
    Catherine Corless has done fantastic work on this very dark story in our history. I remember being near to tears watching her on the LLS a few years ago and the audience rightly giving her a standing ovation. But this subject is for Morning Ireland, Claire Byrne, News at One. It is not suitable for a Friday night entertainment show.

It was by far the only compelling piece in the show tonight.

Skid X wrote: »
    Jaysus Catmaniac, sure that's easier than a Donal Skehan recipe! :P

It's the kind of stuff an amateur PPL pilot can do with ease. The only problem when flying the Stobart ATR is that there is no actual way of controlling its direction on the runway just after touching down in a strong crosswind. You just wait until it is blown to the side and slows down enough for the steering tiller to kick into action and bring it back centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,497 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

maebee wrote: »

Would have to disagree with the last part.

The late late show was, when Gay Byrne ran the show, a broadcast that dragged Ireland out from the grip of an institution and shone a light on the truth of certain matters.

It’s doesn’t have to be a show completely about mundane celebrities dead parents

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭maebee

Sardonicat wrote: »
    It was by far the only compelling piece in the show tonight.

I agree 100%. She had the most important story and wasn't promoting a book. I admire her immensely. My point is that it's not entertainment. It's for a Current affairs programme, not a weekend entertainment show.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Almost forgot Halloween was today, same way I almost forgot Monday was a Bank Holiday :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Is the anxiety caused by having to do telly programmes about cooking when you only seem to be talking about cooking to get on the telly?

I can understand why he might be nervous on the telly - Worried about not heating up the beans enough, or burning the toast.

I can understand why he might be nervous on the telly - Worried about not heating up the beans enough, or burning the toast.

Well, there was that time his sliced his finger open chopping carrots or something live on the BBC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭Storm 10

kerryjack wrote: »
    Never heard of this vet

He has his own TV show on Ch4 very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,421 ✭✭✭ofcork

Well, there was that time his sliced his finger open chopping carrots or something live on the BBC.

The 2 girls in the band with him were stunners!

• Advertisement
Advertisement