Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your New WHS Index

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

Poker Face wrote: »
    No it wont. If you are playing in a society outing you have to register before you play. This was specifically asked at the WHS meeting

You have the right to and are expected to but don’t necessarily have to return a score from a society outing.

“ 2. Unaffiliated committees, such as Alliances, Societies, etc.

Not necessarily bound by World Handicapping System Rules but, subject to compliance with Rule 2 of the WHS Rules of Handicapping,

Golfers playing in such competitions have the right and are expected to return General Play scores from these competitions for handicap purposes, having pre-registered their intention to play.”

At the end of the day it’s up to yourself. You might decide on the day that you’re not going to take it too serious and have a more casual round with your mates with “gimmes” and stuff. In this case you shouldn’t register your score for handicap purposes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Well whatever it is, I wont be making anyone register their scores unless they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

etxp wrote: »
    Well whatever it is, I wont be making anyone register their scores unless they want to.

Have you decided how handicaps will be handled?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Anybody else seeing their HandicapIndex on Masterscoreboard or Howdidido ?

I can see mine this morning. I wonder if Golf Ireland had a change of heart ?

J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭macslash

Mine is still my old handicap on HDID.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

J

masterscoreboard not showing me my HI or my old handicap under "My Golf". Just links to My Playing History, Playing Analysis and Score Entry.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

gypsy79 wrote: »
    Have you decided how handicaps will be handled?

We will carry on with our own system which we developed over the years. works very fair. We have had all abilities win our GOY so it doesn't favour anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

J
    Not at the moment. I'll run an update later when I've time and check then.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

macslash wrote: »

That's strange, mine has been updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

J

I have been able to see the new handicap index for all members in Howdidido on my laptop from day 1!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,008 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

My new index is showing on HDID.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Apologies if this has been asked already, is the golf Ireland app gone already? Can't get into it on my phone

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Daniel son

Based on Slope etc I will get 5 Shots back for Playing Handicap. Last result pre lockdown will give me 46 points.

Apologies if this has been asked already, is the golf Ireland app gone already? Can't get into it on my phone
    It was a pre-release version. Just for testing and feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭higster

bmay529 wrote: »
    I have been able to see the new handicap index for all members in Howdidido on my laptop from day 1!!

Ditto

macslash wrote: »

I can't log in with the app on my phone now.

Dashboard is 'coming soon' on the laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,000 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

J

HDID has had mine since I think last Tuesday. it was only gone for a day or so, but the score breakdown is not there. only has a message now
    This data has not been made available by your national union./QUOTE]

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Not at the moment. I'll run an update later when I've time and check then.
    Updated and still no handicap indexes. Running latest version of HM too.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

prawnsambo wrote:
    SR is the Slope Rating for the tees you normally play at your club. Unless the slope rating is less than 113, your course handicap will be higher than your index

Thanks for that. At my club my handicap index was reduced from 11.4 to 10.5 yet my playing handicap went up to 12 off all 3 different tees lengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

Updated and still no handicap indexes. Running latest version of HM too.

Mine is gone now too, was there this morning, odd.

We had 400 support enquiries since last Monday, from users looking for their HI. I am hoping they see the light and turn it back on.

J

• Advertisement

Anyone else having any issues with HDID? Still the same for me as it was earlier. It could be just updating.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

J

This is what I'm seeing on the HDID app

532403.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

This is what I'm seeing on the HDID app

532403.jpg

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

I was cut 3.6 shots as a result of this WHS, mainly because I usually play casual golf and only had 14 cards over past 3 yrs, of which they used 4 best scores from 2018 to determine my handicap, moving me from 18.7 to 15.1, not taking into account 7 scores from this yr or 3 from last yr. I was playing better in 2018, yes the slopw index means I have lost 1.7 shots, compared to what I was, but comparing to my mates I have lost 4 shots to the general field. Th only guys in similar position are those like myself, with not enough cards in. i have appealed to club handicap secretary, but heard nothing back. anyone else done similar? and/or how long do I leave it before going to next step and appealing to GUI?

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭cjfitz

septicsac wrote: »
    I was cut 3.6 shots as a result of this WHS, mainly because I usually play casual golf and only had 14 cards over past 3 yrs, of which they used 4 best scores from 2018 to determine my handicap, moving me from 18.7 to 15.1, not taking into account 7 scores from this yr or 3 from last yr. I was playing better in 2018, yes the slopw index means I have lost 1.7 shots, compared to what I was, but comparing to my mates I have lost 4 shots to the general field. Th only guys in similar position are those like myself, with not enough cards in. i have appealed to club handicap secretary, but heard nothing back. anyone else done similar? and/or how long do I leave it before going to next step and appealing to GUI?

I think you can’t do much about it until you have 20 scores in. At least your casual rounds can count towards your handicap now. I’m pretty sure that’s what the Hc secretary or gui would tell you.

They'll probably tell you to get more scores in. Another six will make it your best eight and probably bring your index up a bit.

Has anyone got the issue with scores been moved to unprocessed resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭septicsac

They'll probably tell you to get more scores in. Another six will make it your best eight and probably bring your index up a bit.

Well there in lies another issue,as I am pretty sure I should have had at least another 6/7 scores in, but not on system.
    Telling me to get more scores in does not really address the issue, as what kind of system address a handicap while not taking into account any scores for 2020? What am I meant to do in meantime, give up shots to the field, is this the reward for playing fair and not trying to massage the system?

Well there in lies another issue,as I am pretty sure I should have had at least another 6/7 scores in, but not on system.
    Telling me to get more scores in does not really address the issue, as what kind of system address a handicap while not taking into account any scores for 2020? What am I meant to do in meantime, give up shots to the field, is this the reward for playing fair and not trying to massage the system?

Have you checked against golfnet?

• Advertisement

If you've scores missing, then check with your h/sec.

Advertisement