Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad screen replacement

• 30-10-2020 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi would anyone recommended somewhere to get an iPad screen replaced locally. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Had this issue myself a month or so ago.

I went to the place in Arthur's Quay - they replaced it for €89. Working fine up to now.

There's a place across from Radar Stores that has a good reputation, but when I went there he didn't have the right screen, and was not sure when he would be getting them in.

Some place on William street (PC Repair Centre?) quoted me €70, but were not all the professional-sounding.

Techstar quoted me €120 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Apologies for hijacking, but do you think the guys in Arthur's Quay would be able to replace the battery in a Dell laptop?

I have the battery and tried to replace it myself without success (screws in the base won't come out fully) so need a bit of help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Apologies for hijacking, but do you think the guys in Arthur's Quay would be able to replace the battery in a Dell laptop?

I have the battery and tried to replace it myself without success (screws in the base won't come out fully) so need a bit of help!

The place in AQ looks limited to phone-related stuff to me - I saw no laptops there.

I'd guess there are more options for pc repair anyway, and battery replacement is not as delicate a job.

Thanks osarusan, guess I'll keep looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭ShRT

What's the model of laptop? Dell (asking with most other manufacturers) have a service manual available that would describe how to remove the base chassis from the laptop

• Advertisement

ShRT wrote: »
    What's the model of laptop? Dell (asking with most other manufacturers) have a service manual available that would describe how to remove the base chassis from the laptop

It's an Inspiron 15 7000 and we've looked at the manual, also a video, but we've already tried to get the back off and some of the screws just won't come out fully. We get so far with them and they just keep turning. Even tried turning it upside down and shaking the darn thing but still no joy.

Thanks for asking but need professional help at this stage (me and the laptop :D)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Compu B is the only Apple place in town i think

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

There is no shortage of of phone repairs places in town.....but doubt many use offical products

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You could try Limerick Computers, Foxhill House, old Dublin Road. I’ve used them a couple of times in the past for Apple repairs, but I think they can handle all computer related stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Electronic service centre Stonebridge Bally’s ion have used them a couple of times excellent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭mollymac57

Not trying to hijack this thread but I’m looking for a replacement battery for an iPad Mini 3. Has anyone got any suggestions (not Apple) thanks,

Advertisement