Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shooting season suspended due to lockdown?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

I see the Anti's are trying to hound some TD's and Senators that supported us in relation to rough shooting.

We need to show them that the Anti's are the minority.
    The politicians getting grief for standing up for us are

malcolm.byrne@oireachtas.ie
    lisa.chambers@oireachtas.ie
    timmy.dooley@oireachtas.ie

They are being targeted for "defending and supporting the resumption of the pheasant shooting and hare coursing during lockdown".
    We need to show them some love and make it clear that the anti's contribute the square root of f@#k all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Your man Tierney has a ludicrous letter in the Mail, the only paper i've yet seen today. Reckons we are "In tears because we've been denied our victims" , that we are ignoring the lockdown restrictions, That "hunting sustains the culture of the bully" and other childish nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭berettaman

tudderone wrote: »
    Your man Tierney has a ludicrous letter in the Mail, the only paper i've yet seen today. Reckons we are "In tears because we've been denied our victims" , that we are ignoring the lockdown restrictions, That "hunting sustains the culture of the bully" and other childish nonsense.

Yeah, he is a W@#ker of the highest order, international class. He could W@#k for Ireland...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Pay that fool no heed.He is an attention whore for his cause and the best way to deal with him and the likes of him is just don't respond and deny them publicity or a response, and they will slither back under their rocks. The more they rant and rave trying to get a response off us, they just look like a bunch of single, misinformed on their topic, over emotive "crazy cat ladies", gobbing off in a newspaper to fill a space in the Letters column.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭JCJCJC

berettaman wrote: »
    I see the Anti's are trying to hound some TD's and Senators that supported us in relation to rough shooting.

We need to show them that the Anti's are the minority.
    The politicians getting grief for standing up for us are

malcolm.byrne@oireachtas.ie
    lisa.chambers@oireachtas.ie
    timmy.dooley@oireachtas.ie

They are being targeted for "defending and supporting the resumption of the pheasant shooting and hare coursing during lockdown".
    We need to show them some love and make it clear that the anti's contribute the square root of f@#k all!

Well, we are again being lumped in with hare coursing. I can see why a coursing meeting would be deemed to contravene the regulations - it is an organised event and the crowd would be substantial, and probably all cheering etc. Rough shooting can't be compared - we go out on our own, or with one or two others, and even if we do that, normal good hunting practise would usually put a man on either side of the ditch. We wouldn't stand shoulder-to-shoulder if a dog picked up a trail, any fool should know that.

• Advertisement

Who is this Tierney?

Never mind. Did some digging about him. Found this. Wish we had more like this judge!

"Anti hunting activists are outraged at the TWO MONTH jail sentence imposed today at Waterford District Court on John Tierney, a leading anti hunt campaigner.He is Campaigns Director of the AOHS.

The Judge also said that if Mr Tierney appealed the sentence he hoped it would be increased to THREE Months instead of Two .The judge Mr William Harnett is well known for his pro hunt comments. This leaning further came to light when he said at the comparison of the air horn to the hunting horn ' it was not like the slow sweet sound of the hunting horn.' "

Although in fairness, killing foxes with dogs is a bit fugged up but it seems this John Tierney guy is against all hunting. Lumping a more unpopular sport such as hare coursing with pheasant shooting is a deliberate way to get the "down with this sort of thing" agenda going.

If he ever gets his way vermin populations will be out of control too.

Although in fairness, killing foxes with dogs is a bit fugged up but it seems this John Tierney guy is against all hunting. Lumping a more unpopular sport such as hare coursing with pheasant shooting is a deliberate way to get the "down with this sort of thing" agenda going.

He’d ban mousetraps if he could.

Unfortunately like his pal in Callan, they both got off on technicalities...
    Pity, as otherwise, they would have "form" for those events.
    Give them time and enough rope and like most of those edjits who post on FB like Lensitir ANTIFA/hunt sabs[seems to be run by some Leftist loon who likes getting his head rearranged at Yellow Vest, National Party etc protests], Munster, Connaught Hunt sabs, will hang themselves or commit some sort of illegal activities that will bring the full law down on themselves.

Like the time the Boul Bernie Wright decided to bring a former Loyalist bomb maker down to a meeting in Dublin in a certain pub on Batchelor's walk in the mid-90s.To discuss "tactics," Think there were more 3 letter agencies both homegrown and from across the water and Border in and outside that pub that Saturday in November many years ago....Another chapter in my memoirs:D:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

JCJCJC wrote: »

Restrictions are lifted next Saturday. Usually I would never bother with pheasants because I think they are too tame. But I will make an exception for this year in honour of john Tierney. If I find any on my permissions I will send him a picture of my pheasant dinner!

JCJCJC wrote: »

Just shows how desperate he is to stir the sh22te pot to get some attention.:rolleyes:
    Keep posting pics of your trophies lads,it makes these people go ab -sol-utelty ape and anything that upsets those nutters and hurts "muh feelings" is surely a good thing.

Restrictions are lifted next Saturday. Usually I would never bother with pheasants because I think they are too tame. But I will make an exception for this year in honour of john Tierney. If I find any on my permissions I will send him a picture of my pheasant dinner!

If the weather is ok it will be like the battle of Mons, shots in every field and lads trying to avoid each other, the very thing we would have avoided if the season opened normally. Pity the case won’t go ahead though on the 8th.
    I reckon the NARGC could do worse than assemble a panel of solicitors who will be sympathetic to shooters and take the trouble to analyse the recent regulations, in order to defend anyone who has been hassled by the séidógs.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Seen that today. Some seriously, bordering on defamatory, comments by him. Most of us know who he is, but the average Joe will swallow his bile.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

Cass wrote: »
    Seen that today. Some seriously, bordering on defamatory, comments by him. Most of us know who he is, but the average Joe will swallow his bile.

Could you put up a picture here?

Grizzly 45 wrote: »

Like the time the Boul Bernie Wright decided to bring a former Loyalist bomb maker down to a meeting in Dublin in a certain pub on Batchelor's walk in the mid-90s.To discuss "tactics," Think there were more 3 letter agencies both homegrown and from across the water and Border in and outside that pub that Saturday in November many years ago....Another chapter in my memoirs:D:D

Its a wonder they weren't all mugged on the boardwalk by the living dead that frequent it :D .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Jesus christ lad, you a friend of Tierney's?

Sign of the times i suppose.

Eddie B wrote: »

Ah, he has a point. Using forty or fifty hounds, twenty people in pink jackets and a hundred of the great unwashed trotting behind them, all pretending to hunt foxes so they won’t take chickens from a farmer’s haggard is a bit of a joke.
    Don’t misunderstand me, I think a hunt is a most glorious sight in the countryside but the argument that it’s about saving the Rhode Island Reds from Reynard the madra rua doesn’t really work.

Suppose you'd like to see dog fights be legal to?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Limerick Sovereigns

Has there been confirmation of this?

• Advertisement

Its a wonder they weren't all mugged on the boardwalk by the living dead that frequent it :D .

Long before that was a thing and built on the Liffey ...;)

An uncle of mine had a stables years ago, before he drank the place, anyway i'd be there during christmas/summer hol's from school and weekends and all that. We used to join the hunt, as if the Horse was to take part in National hunt races, you had to have a cert to say the horse had been hunted.

While it was great fun, the hounds were so inbred, so i was told, they couldn't find their buttholes to lick them, never mind a fox in a field. What i didn't like was when a fox was chased to ground, a team of terrier lads would dig him out anyway.

Fair is fair, if the fox had got away, he'd won the day, leave him alone.

Has there been confirmation of this?

No confirmation but I think that's when the original 6 week lockdown ends.

An uncle of mine had a stables years ago, before he drank the place, anyway i'd be there during christmas/summer hol's from school and weekends and all that. We used to join the hunt, as if the Horse was to take part in National hunt races, you had to have a cert to say the horse had been hunted.

While it was great fun, the hounds were so inbred, so i was told, they couldn't find their buttholes to lick them, never mind a fox in a field. What i didn't like was when a fox was chased to ground, a team of terrier lads would dig him out anyway.

As well as the terrier men, some hunts have lads going ahead blocking all the fox earths and badger setts to force the fox to keep running. Hunting has a big commercial side, people pay to get a days hunting and they want to see foxes being killed.

Long before that was a thing and built on the Liffey ...;)

True, dublin wasn't as bad then as it is now. But the notion in my head of various orgs all sitting around spying on that wright eejit, is bordering on the hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Suppose you'd like to see dog fights be legal to?

Why would i? Nothing to do with hunting. Anyway, im not going to waste my breath, trying to change your mind just like i wouldn't change an anti's about any form of hunting. Lets just
    leave it at this. United we stand, and divided we fall.

My German hunting family on viewing the horse& hound fox hunting were just left asking...How do they ever manage to catch a fox in the 1st place with all this hullabaloo and racket?
    The fox being one of the smartest animals around and known for it throughout Europe and the Middle East, where he is known as "The prince of thieves", has to be either ill or off his game to be caught by hounds.

Still each to their own, and I'd rather fight the antis in someone elses fox hunting front yard , than in my shooting and gunowning living room.

My German hunting family on viewing the horse& hound fox hunting were just left asking...How do they ever manage to catch a fox in the 1st place with all this hullabaloo and racket?
    The fox being one of the smartest animals around and known for it throughout Europe and the Middle East, where he is known as "The prince of thieves", has to be either ill or off his game to be caught by hounds.

Still each to their own, and I'd rather fight the antis in someone elses fox hunting front yard , than in my shooting and gunowning living room.

Well, it’s an English system so you can’t expect it to be as efficient as the German way of doing things!

Why would i? Nothing to do with hunting. Anyway, im not going to waste my breath, trying to change your mind just like i wouldn't change an anti's about any form of hunting. Lets just
    leave it at this. United we stand, and divided we fall.

Fair enough. Although I think tying this form of hunting to our causes hurts us. It's hard to justify using a pack of dogs to kill a fox when one bullet could do the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭GooseB

No confirmation but I think that's when the original 6 week lockdown ends.

The lockdown started at midnight on Wednesday the 21st of October for 6 weeks. That'll take us up to midnight on the 2nd of December provided it doesn't get extended further.

Advertisement