Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying switch / switch lite

Options
  • 31-10-2020 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭

So I haven’t owned a Nintendo device since prob the game boy advance 😅. Looking buy the switch or switch lite mainly play handheld 90% the time . Want it for breath of the Wild, Mario & Pokemon etc . Should I pay extra for switch or get switch lite?total noob here !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

brady12 wrote: »
    So I haven’t owned a Nintendo device since prob the game boy advance 😅. Looking buy the switch or switch lite mainly play handheld 90% the time . Want it for breath of the Wild, Mario & Pokemon etc . Should I pay extra for switch or get switch lite?total noob here !

If you get a lite you will be playing handheld 100% of the time.

I'd get a regular switch. You can connect to tv, replace joycons, use 3rd party joycons, play table top mode, tate mode with an adapter (vertical shoot em ups), bigger screen, better battery, couch co op on TV, some games deserve to be played on the big screen, detach joycons to play mario party, ring fit adventure, 1+2 switch, labo and anything else that crops up, pro controller big screen comfort, mario galaxy, odyssey better with detached joycons, actually touch screen is rubbish on lite for galaxy ...

oh and play hand held.

Lite is portable only and if those joycons start drifting then the whole thing needs to get repaired/replaced. But it is more suited to portable only, lighter, more comfortable with a proper d pad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭brady12

I want replay some old games. How would liens of Witcher, Skyrim , BioShock & Ni no kuni run on this handheld ?

brady12 wrote: »
    I want replay some old games. How would liens of Witcher, Skyrim , BioShock & Ni no kuni run on this handheld ?

all those games run pretty well on switch in handheld

Witcher 3 was a good port to start with and they improved it further with patches

Bioshock and the other one are xbox 360 and ps3 era games which the switch can handle comfortably.

Obviously the resolution on handheld can drop with dynamic resolution usage but the smaller screen means that this is not game-breaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

Also, they are much more expensive on Switch than other platforms.
    But being able to play these at a whim anywhere is a huge plus for games like the witcher and skyrim.

Advertisement