Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

David Clarke the Mayo keeper was lucky the ball was going over the bar because if it dropped short he was on the ground after slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Aidan O Shea got some elevation with that dive in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Mayo will need to bring on their special forces Irish rangers guy number 17. This lot are starting to fall asleep.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Roscommon look to have a lot issues, their style of play is rudderless.

Mayo 6 points up at ht but should be 9 or 10.

Not a great game overall. Roscommon have been poor and Mayo bar a 15 minute spell have been average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Eight wides from Mayo and some of them were poor. Six points up but should be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Aidan O Shea got some elevation with that dive in the air.

:pac: ah chalkie, I dislike O Shea as much as the next man but I think that was a horrible tackle on him. Roscommon man pleading his innocence with a slip and the ref bought it. Doesnt seem to slip on replay and it's a rotten challenge by him. In other conditions that's a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭enricoh

Cillian o Connor missing 2 45s with the breeze, it probably won't cost them today but will someday.

dobman88 wrote: »
    :pac: ah chalkie, I dislike O Shea as much as the next man but I think that was a horrible tackle on him. Roscommon man pleading his innocence with a slip and the ref bought it. Doesnt seem to slip on replay and it's a rotten challenge by him. In other conditions that's a card.

Yes it was a bad tackle but still a fairly impressive jump in the air :). I actually don't dislike him either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yes it was a bad tackle but still a fairly impressive jump in the air :)

I think if he didn't jump, the tackle would actually have been a lot worse., probably deserved a yellow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    I think if he didn't jump, the tackle would actually have been a lot worse., probably deserved a yellow.

Yeah, he needs to jump to get out of the way and protect himself. That's why it looks like a "dive". Shockingly bad tackle. Straight red in a soccer match that, at any level.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Looks like Galway will be Connacht champions without having any real matches looking at these 2 today

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Looks like Galway will be Connacht champions without having any real matches looking at these 2 today

I think the game will bring Mayo along a bit and once they sharpen up their shot select and shooting, they will give Galway plenty of it.

They need to sort long range frees and 45s also. All the top teams get a decent return from these.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

breezy1985 wrote: »

Can't see the losing Mayo who have played 2 games

Mayo sending out a big All Ireland statement here: 'We're not good enough to win it!.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Roscommon well off the pace today
    Mayo will be hard bet in connacht

Are they capable of beating kerry in a probable semi?

C__MC wrote: »
    Roscommon well off the pace today
    Mayo will be hard bet in connacht

Are they capable of beating kerry in a probable semi?

No.

No.

Why

Westmeath were more impressive up front than Roscommon. They scored some quality points from play last night

Why

Because Kerry are a far better team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Why

That Blue moon has passed.

I think you are right but its mayo....
    When you least expect it, they deliver

This Kerry team are coming to the peak of their powers while after watching Mayo here today their peak has certainly passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

threeball wrote: »
    The mark is crap but its not responsible for the current situation, it hasn't even been used in championship up to this year. We've been looking at drivel for 10years now. Even a team like Dublin head and shoulders above the rest is playing pass the parcel around the 45 before half the scores. Its gone like soccer but even soccer teams take more risks. Its boring as it could possibly be. You'll get one game per year that was actually worth watching.

I wasn't blaming the mark for the apparent malaise. Just that it has to go.

I just find a lot of complaints about football seem to all boil down to "it's not as hit and hope as we'd like it to be".

Meath putting wicklow away in leinster

KIB4Life wrote: »
    Jesus Christ this typical football is poor nonsense once again it’s getting tiring at this stage. Seems like you didn’t watch much of last year’s championship if you think there was only 2 good games of football last year. What about some of the brilliant in the Club Championship in the last few years. There have been just as much good football games as there has been hurling games in the last few years.

To be honest I find hurling a lot poorer then what it used to be and can’t enjoy it as much as I used to enjoy it. Like every game in the hurling game Championship this year have been very high scoring but to be honest they have been poor spectacles.

This. Always this.

Bin the Mark. A nonsense rule.

Because Kerry are a far better team.

So when they batter a poor Cork team later it will be a statement of intent, right and not a poor Cork team?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Dreadful game.

• Advertisement

So when they batter a poor Cork team later it will be a statement of intent, right and not a poor Cork team?

Lets see what Cork have to offer first, but we saw enough of this Kerry team in last years two finals to know they are a very serious oitfit.

Advertisement