Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Lets see what Cork have to offer first, but we saw enough of this Kerry team in last years two finals to know they are a very serious oitfit.

Grand yeah

Cracking point from loftus there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Meath have knocked Wicklow for 6!

It's hard to keep up in Aughrim: Meath now in Seventh Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

Talk about going out with a whimper. Such a passive performance from Roscommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Mayo always improve with games. How many times have they gone through the qualifiers only to pop up in all Ireland semis and finals, narrowly losing. If they and Kerry both somehow get to an all Ireland semi, I wouldnt be as confident as some posters here. Yes kerry seem to be improving and last years finals will bring them on an awful lot but they're still lacking the tactical knowhow and maturity in big, tight games.

That said. It's very hard to see past a Dublin win this year again. Went about their business with ease last night as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

elefant wrote: »
    Talk about going out with a whimper. Such a passive performance from Roscommon.

Really poor.
    Had Mayo been a bit more potent in attack, it would have been a 12+ victory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

naughto wrote: »
    Come back at 3:10today and we will see
    Ye will have no reason to start the bus this yr for the championship

Iam here where are you

Meath take Wicklow for 28 points. The old myth of 'Aughrim is a hard place to go' took a bit of a battering today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Roscommon were a pity.

Mayo performed well enough and a few new faces aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Only one side showed fight there.

Mayo far superior.

Mayo have had 2 tune up games and no injuries before a Connacht Final against Galway who have had no games.

Galway will have to start very strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Roscommon entire team and subs suffering from coronavirus today. That is only explanation for their dreadful performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Home game for galway ?

Meath take Wicklow for 28 points. The old myth of 'Aughrim is a hard place to go' took a bit of a battering today.

Well, maybe all this time they meant "it's a hard place to get to".

I fancy Galway to beat Mayo next week. Was not impressed with Mayo today and Galway will be nice and fresh and eager to revrrse that humiliation to Mayo a few weeks back. Joyce will have Galway primed for revenge. I will be putting my money on it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,898 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Well that was something. Now on to muster. It’s not raining in cork but there’s a mist after descending on the city.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

C__MC wrote: »
    Home game for galway ?

Yes.

Will be interesting to see if meath can rattle dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I fancy Galway to beat Mayo next week. Was not impressed with Mayo today and Galway will be nice and fresh and eager to revrrse that humiliation to Mayo a few weeks back. Joyce will have Galway primed for revenge. I will be putting my money on it too.

You must be out of your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Dont they have to get past Kildare or someone first? Which is by no means a foregone conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

I hope jimmy is evolved in the training again it worked so well the last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

dobman88 wrote: »
    Dont they have to get past Kildare or someone first? Which is by no means a foregone conclusion.
    Dublin have to get by Laois first too.

You must be out of your mind.

Mayo 8/11
    Galway evens

I'll play it safe and back Galway +1 just in case it ends a draw. Come back to me next week after full time and we'll see who's out of their mind.

naughto wrote: »
    I hope jimmy is evolved in the training again it worked so well the last time

That's in the past. Galway will be ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭threeball

If Galway can get the quick counterattacking football they played early in the league going then Mayo are wide open for that but they seem to have gone more defensive and laboured over the summer.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Conditions not great in Cork, wind and rain but the pitch again is in great shape.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Have to get past (probably) Kildare first. Can't really take anything from that game. Worst Wicklow team I've ever seen against us, which is odd given they've done excellently since returning from lockdown. We should probably have been even further ahead as we butchered a number of goal chances.

We've quite a balanced team outfield at least. Good defence and attack while Jones in midfield seems to have gone a long way to solving our problems there. Unfortunately, we still get crucified by our goalkeeper. In the league, we tended to give away a minimum of 3 or 4 points because of poor kickouts. Against Dublin where we gave a decent account of ourselves, their goal came from a disastrous kickout early on.

If we do manage to get to a Leinster final, I'd be relatively happy if we kept the score within 5 or 6 points. If our defence could perform as it did last season while our forwards actually show up, we could possibly manage that. I suppose that's what counts as a rattle for Dublin in Leinster nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

That's in the past. Galway will be ready.

In fairness it’s Mayo v Galway , hardly an easy game to call any year

Is there anything worse then former kerry players bugging up cork

• Advertisement

Barlett wrote: »
    In fairness it’s Mayo v Galway , hardly an easy game to call any year

Of course. And Galway have beaten Mayo quite a few times in recent years so their well able to do it. I just think psychologically Galway are in a good place. Bizarrely as that may sound the savage beating they took a few weeks go will guarantee a backlash. Everything went wrong that day and Galway were pretty hopeless. Pauraic Joyce came out and said it was his most embarrasing match involved with a Galway team ever. You think they won't be running through brick walls to get another crack at a team they have beaten many times? It's set up beautifully for a big Galway performance. Mayo are a good team but so too are Galway. Should be a belter.

Advertisement