Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Fair enough thanks.

People on here making it sound like the GAA had just disbanded women's football or something

No live coverage for an All Ireland semi final in a stadium full of cameras and journalists in attendance told they weren't allowed to live stream - not quite disbanding but disgraceful behaviour. Wouldn't happen in the mens game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

No live coverage for an All Ireland semi final in a stadium full of cameras and journalists in attendance told they weren't allowed to live stream. Wouldn't happen in the mens game

Why were the journalists told not to livestream? Broadcasting rights or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

No live coverage for an All Ireland semi final in a stadium full of cameras and journalists in attendance told they weren't allowed to live stream - not quite disbanding but disgraceful behaviour. Wouldn't happen in the mens game
    Because there's no appetite for the women's game. They're not going to show it at a loss.

LGFA only have themselves to blame. Stop blaming the GAA for the LGFA's shortcomings. They wanted away, they got their wish. The GAA kindly allow them to use their facilities.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Why were the journalists told not to livestream? Broadcasting rights or something?

Don't know - the Cork's RedFM tweeted to say that live streaming wasn't allowed, but where there is a will there is a way ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,944 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Camera issue most likely has nothing got to do with the GAA. One crew would not be allowed use anothers cameras.

I imagine very little of this is the fault of the GAA who would definitely want games aired

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Fog pretty bad at the moment, wonder will it have an impact on the game.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Lundstram wrote: »
    Because there's no appetite for the women's game. They're not going to show it at a loss.

LGFA only have themselves to blame. Stop blaming the GAA for the LGFA's shortcomings. They wanted away, they got their wish. The GAA kindly allow them to use their facilities.

TG4 have shown the semi finals for years - late change of venue into a venue already set up to show live sport from is a little frustrating. No doubt TG4 will have plenty of coverage from the game later on for their review show Monday night - but for me it is the not being allowed to even live stream is ridiculous. Not once did I blame the GAA for the ridiculous behaviour of the LGFA so take the blinkers off.

FYI the GAA don't allow them to use their facilities - LGFA have to pay for the privilege of playing in Croke Park and clubs all over the country have to pay public liability insurance to the GAA

I've no issue with the GAA, it is the LGFA I have serious issue with.

Doesn't look foggy up there - pitch looks in great condition though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭naughto

I think it's the 1s in charge of the Lgfa that's the problem they cant have it both ways they wanted to be separate from the mens but still wanted the funding and all the perks.i think until there sorted lgfa will be a mess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Made that point on a social media - plenty of RTE camera's in there that could have been used. EDIT: Just saw on the RedFM twitter feed that live streaming isn't being allowed - that is poor on the part of TG4/LGFA not to allow it happen in these exceptional circumstances.

Can I ask, do you know who isn't allowing it, or on what basis? (you may not have the info, but you generally seem clued in). Seems strange, you'd think it would be in everyone's interests (TG4, LGFA, even the GAA to make it happen) even at short notice.

It will be framed as 'the GAA, down on the wimen again' but that's not really the case here I think, silly carry on by the LGFA over this game, the moat amateur of organisations.

naughto wrote: »
    I think it's the 1s in change of the Lgfa that's the problem they cant have it both ways they wanted to be separate from the mens but still wanted the funding and all the perks.i think until there sorted lfgaa will be a mess
    Indeed, I know here in Kildare they aren't charged for using GAA facilities, it's the same in many other counties.

We had the Limerick County Board attacked on social media the other week because their hurlers took back their UL grounds for training, this led to the ladies being turfed out. Cue outcries of sexism/inequality and other such rubbish.

LGFA can't have their cake and eat it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Of course not, people want to watch the mens game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Indeed, I know here in Kildare they aren't charged for using GAA facilities, it's the same in many other counties.

We had the Limerick County Board attacked on social media the other week because their hurlers took back their UL grounds for training, this led to the ladies being turfed out. Cue outcries of sexism/inequality and other such rubbish.

LGFA released a statement saying the deal with Limerick was prearranged that if their hurlers progressed, the facilities would not be available to them. It wasnt a case that they were just told to GTFO. Despite what people crying sexism/inequality would have you believe.

Can I ask, do you know who isn't allowing it, or on what basis? (you may not have the info, but you generally seem clued in). Seems strange, you'd think it would be in everyone's interests (TG4, LGFA, even the GAA to make it happen) even at short notice.

It will be framed as 'the GAA, down on the wimen again' but that's not really the case here I think, silly carry on by the LGFA over this game, the moat amateur of organisations.

I don't know but I'm going to try and find out.

And it shouldn't be framed like that - most certainly was a mess of the LGFA's making. Now there was a former player who streamed it live on Instagram, so I don't understand why the LGFA couldn't have even sorted that on YouTube or Instagram or Facebook.

I've been involved in LGFA admin for over 15 years now, Limerick County Board were 100% right - they specifically told the LGFA the issue, the ladies weren't turfed out, the fixture was conditional on the progress of the Limerick hurlers. It was LIT Gaelic Grounds btw, and if I'm the Limerick management preparing for an All Ireland and this is the last daylight session I'm getting, I'm taking it back.

Every LGFA club has to pay €150 to Croke Park which covers the cost of opening up Croke Park on AI day (which needs to stop as they now get enough crowds to more than cover the cost of opening) and every club has to pay €150 (I think its that amount) public liability insurance to the GAA which wasn't there before. (big sore point for my own club as we don't even play in GAA owned facilities)

I don't want to take the thread off the rails anymore, but I'm happy to discuss via PM.

I put a double on Tipp and Dublin to progress - worth a shot given the historic pairings in the semi finals

Croke park looks safe from the fog anyway. Looks in great shape. Hope for a decent game anwyay.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

Best of luck to Mayo today. I really hope they silence people giving Tipperary a chance. If it’s not meant to be, so be it. The young guys will have gotten to a semi final in Croke Park and a good first season under their belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I don't know but I'm going to try and find out.

And it shouldn't be framed like that - most certainly was a mess of the LGFA's making. Now there was a former player who streamed it live on Instagram, so I don't understand why the LGFA couldn't have even sorted that on YouTube or Instagram or Facebook.

I've been involved in LGFA admin for over 15 years now, Limerick County Board were 100% right - they specifically told the LGFA the issue, the ladies weren't turfed out, the fixture was conditional on the progress of the Limerick hurlers. It was LIT Gaelic Grounds btw, and if I'm the Limerick management preparing for an All Ireland and this is the last daylight session I'm getting, I'm taking it back.

Every LGFA club has to pay €150 to Croke Park which covers the cost of opening up Croke Park on AI day (which needs to stop as they now get enough crowds to more than cover the cost of opening) and every club has to pay €150 (I think its that amount) public liability insurance to the GAA which wasn't there before. (big sore point for my own club as we don't even play in GAA owned facilities)

I don't want to take the thread off the rails anymore, but I'm happy to discuss via PM.

I put a double on Tipp and Dublin to progress - worth a shot given the historic pairings in the semi finals

Not a technical or camera issue anyway.

My daughter is here looking at video highlights of the game, so obviously some boll1xing about rights or something like that.

As always it's the game that suffers, and indeed the players and supporters.

Watching this on Sky Sports, much better analysis there. Nothing but stupid sound bites and zero substance on RTÉ.

Mayo to win by about 8.

Watching this on Sky Sports, much better analysis there. Nothing but stupid sound bites and zero substance on RTÉ.

Mayo to win by about 8.

Delighted its on Sky!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Carol25 wrote: »
    Best of luck to Mayo today. I really hope they silence people giving Tipperary a chance . If it’s not meant to be, so be it. The young guys will have gotten to a semi final in Croke Park and a good first season under their belt.

Very few I'd imagine?

Mayo are 2/7 & Tipperary are 4/1.

There'll be more people silenced if Tipperary win than there will be if Mayo win, a lot more.

Mayo silencing people is not the narrative of this game & anything you've seen would be a minority.

Also, its sport, by definition everyone has a 'chance'. It's not saying Tipperary will win & Mayo will lose. I wouldn't read as much as you have in to people saying they give Tipp a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Mayo to win by about 8.

Is it on the news channel as gaeilge?

I can't stand ger canning or Marty morrissey

• Advertisement

RMAOK wrote: »
    Is it on the news channel as gaeilge?

I can't stand ger canning or Marty morrissey

Coverages starts on there at 3.25. I'm not sure who is on comms. It's on sky sports mix which is free to air if you have virgin or sky

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Delighted its on Sky!

Just switched over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Pat loves showing off his gloves...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Best of luck to Mayo today. I really hope they silence people giving Tipperary a chance. If it’s not meant to be, so be it. The young guys will have gotten to a semi final in Croke Park and a good first season under their belt.

Odd enough comment.

‘Silence people giving Tipp a chance’? Weird.

Then, ‘if it’s not meant to be, so be it’.

Weird mentality, defeatist mentality.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Carol25

callaway92 wrote: »
    Odd enough comment.

‘Silence people giving Tipp a chance’? Weird.

Then, ‘if it’s not meant to be, so be it’.

Weird mentality, defeatist mentality.

Not at all. Mayo are constantly chipped at in the press. They wouldn’t be giving Tipp the same chance against Kerry, Tyrone, Donegal or even Galway.
    Best of luck to Tipperary if they do win.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Not at all. Mayo are constantly chipped at in the press. They wouldn’t be giving Tipp the same chance against Kerry, Tyrone, Donegal or even Galway.

Yes they would be giving them that chance. Stop making guff up. Tipp are priced/rated very fairly for today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Or even Galway?

We beat Galway the last time we played in the Championship ffs. Of course people would give us a chance against them.

Spare the violin and attempting to portray yourself as an underdog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Ah no, not Ger Canning

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭French Toast

Mayo by a comfortable enough margin, 6-7 maybe. Huge experience.

🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

formerlyET wrote: »
    Pat loves showing off his gloves...

Early Christmas present probably :D

Advertisement