Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This is what you get with the provincial knockouts. Load of shiiite.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

This all Ireland semi final is getting like that nfl playoff game involving fog from years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

formerlyET wrote: »
    Tipperary performance is much better than Cavan's - for the simple fact that they'll have had the ambition to go for goals. Leaking them is another story. At least they're having a cut at it

What ****e are you spouting... Cavan were 4 down at half time while this game is over already 4-12 to 1-05 to Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Happyilylost

Well in the square before the ball.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

No shiit Ger

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Christ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Next person to post about splitting Mayo will be banned until after the All Ireland final

Why? It gets trotted out in thread after thread when Dubs hand out a beating but when someone else hands out a beating its not allowed.
    I wil enjoy my ban!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Jesus tipp can’t catch a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

God I love watching Mayo. Never a dull game with them involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Reality can be harsh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

I'm ashamed of this performance. We are nowhere near this bad, but being art up to fail. Tactically completely outsmarted. 35 minutes and no changes to the approach. Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Shocking play from Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

If this was Dublin with a 16 point half time lead this thread would explode. Shows how well Cavan did yesterday.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

As brilliant as the provinical finals were a few weeks ago, you'd swap them for competitive games this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Tipp were always overrated on their win over a terrible Cork team who were lucky to beat Kerry .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Given the standard of these two semi finals, there is no doubt but that senior championship football is in the gutter.

Mayo and Dublin can only beat what’s in front of them.

The problem is that we have gone from a situation where the super 8’s had maybe 4/5 decent teams to this years championship with only 2 good teams.

The future could be worse as well, as Dublin have plenty of players coming through and Mayo have a decent current panel that won’t be around for many more years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Div 1 v div 3 - maybe the penny might eventually drop with people.

Top 7 in country div 1 should be auto in AI QF and last div 1 plays off with div 2 winners.

Give it an open draw after that and great games.

--
    --

Div 2 and down after that can can have their own AI's.

People want to see competitive games yet persist with this madness - 'tradition' etc.

Which do they want?

The likes of Kerry and Donegal had the same chance as everyone else to play this weekend and they couldn't beat the division three teams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Jesus tipp can’t catch a break.

or a ball.

Tipp were always overrated on their win over a terrible Cork team who were lucky to beat Kerry .
    I find myself nodding in agreement with that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

I don’t know how people thought Tipp could win this , it’s a huge step up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 mulemule11

Tipperary performance is much better than Cavan's - for the simple fact that they'll have had the ambition to go for goals. Leaking them is another story. At least they're having a cut at it

This is such nonsense. Dublin and Mayo play different tactics and Cavan would have been stupid to go for goals the way Dublin had lined out. Cavan were at least in the game at half time but the Tipp team that gave up 4-12 already are performing better?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Awful one sided, give them hurls in the second half see how Mayo fare then

• Registered Users Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Well hard luck Tipparary. You gave it you best shot but this is Mayo's game now. I can not see Tipparary coming back from that. Going to be a hard 2nd half for the Tipp team.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Tipp keeper is just atrocious. Surely 4-12 is a record score conceded in a half at this level?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I don't think that last goal should have stood

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

dobman88 wrote: »
    If this was Dublin with a 16 point half time lead this thread would explode. Shows how well Cavan did yesterday.

How well Cavan did yesterday? Wow. What a competition...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Mayo have just split Tipp in many pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 18,242 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Have you been watching the match??

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

C__MC wrote: »
    We are looking at a monopoly of kerry dublin mayo finals in years to come
    The rest of the pack are miles behind unfortunately

I think Donegal and Tyrone are there or thereabouts.

Galway/Monaghan capable of causing problems on a off day.

'Championship' system is laughable.

A div 3 team v div 1 today - yesterday a div 1 team v a relegated div 2 team

OK people will say but Cavan beat Donegal. How often would that happen? It was a one off. Donegal for whatever reason were awful by their usual standards.
    Covid19 had a big say.

Same with Kerry losing to Cork - Keane would have been back in australia. And even if Kerry lost in a normal year they would nearly be guaranteed to get back in the AI QF/SF

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

What will Colm ORourke say?

Advertisement