Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lundstram wrote: »
    No hope of it being abandoned, the fog won't be nearly as bad at ground level. TV cameras are deceptive.

Well rte are saying it’s deceptive making it better than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Who did tipp take off for Austin and Maloney?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,758 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

tanko wrote: »
    Donegals preparation was disrupted no more or less than Cavans was.
    Your anti Cavan rubbish is pathetic but not surprising.

It is nothing to do with anti Cavan - merely stating that it is surely no coincidence
    after 13 years of failure to win Ulster. Suddenly Cavan do it in a covid 19 year which caused chaos in the championship?

I have nothing against Cavan in fact I admire many of the players they have.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Do you not think their prep had been disrupted? Teams normally plan to 'peak' at certain times of the season.

Covid19 shattered that and also gave the Dubs a must needed rest. They were very leggy at tail end last season. 5 years non stop league and championship.

Yawn. You already made this point previously and a number of people called out the bull****.

Donegal knew since March the championship had been disrupted, the same as every other team. Cavan were the better team on the day and, even with a disgraceful showing by the ref, beat Donegal.

Now deal with it.

Dublin leggy!? Hard to get leggy when you’ve a panel where you can sub All Stars off the bench and not even bring some on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Mayo are filthy.

Tipp look very lightweight too.

• Advertisement

dobman88 wrote: »
    Currently the 4th best team in Munster on merit. Cant have any complaints.

Nearly choked on me cider when I read this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

Goal scorer Fox and midfielder Casey I think

You couldn’t make it up... 16 points down and take off the corner forward

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Fox and Liam Casey I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭awaywithyou

He’s telling the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 15,230 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Coybig_ wrote: »
    Mayo are filthy.
    4-14 to 1-07
    So your take now is that Mayo are filthy.

What about all your talk during the week about Mayo not being as good as the past and Tipp being focused and strong etc etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

dobman88 wrote: »
    This should be a fair and balanced discussion :pac:

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1335617042674757632?s=19

It would be interesting if somebody ever put forward the idea that other counties should improve instead of putting some sort of anchor on Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Quality cillian again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Brilliant 4th goal from COC.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    You'd have to have Mayo as big favourites heading into the final,against Dublin from what we've witnessed in the championship so far.

The difference is you are watching two amateur teams today. Big difference playing against an experienced professional squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Goal scorer Fox and midfielder Casey I think

You couldn’t make it up... 16 points down and take off the corner forward
    he's a sweeper wearing number 13 to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Another goal for Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,012 ✭✭✭Hitchens

No video analysis for that goal due to the fog

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

RTE need to retire a few commentators

• Registered Users Posts: 10,901 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

This fog is nothing like the Munster Leinster game in Thomand Park as few years ago that was bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Not from a set play - ball has to be in the square before a player can come in.

It was. Watch it again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

4-8 for O'Connor. Surely that's near some record?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

It's true. I'd stretch to joint 3rd with Limerick if you like since they got knocked out in the same round.

Cavan_King wrote: »
    Yawn. You already made this point previously and a number of people called out the bull****.

Donegal knew since March the championship had been disrupted, the same as every other team. Cavan were the better team on the day and, even with a disgraceful showing by the ref, beat Donegal.

Now deal with it.

Dublin leggy!? Hard to get leggy when you’ve a panel where you can sub All Stars off the bench and not even bring some on.

See below re Ballymun

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/gaa/ballymuns-struggles-show-county-players-doesnt-always-translate-club-success-206583

Also they were knocked out by Na Fianna last year two weeks after AI final and 5 in a row.

If you watch the game you can see how leggy Ballymun was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Goals win games they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

4-14 to 1-07
    So your take now is that Mayo are filthy.

What about all your talk during the week about Mayo not being as good as the past and Tipp being focused and strong etc etc.?

I stand by the comments about Mayo, the results over the last 2 years have shown that. They were beaten by double figures last year by Dublin and Kerry and will be again by Dublin.

Unfortunately you cant legislate for tactical suicide, Mayo the better team obviously but Tipperary would have been beaten by anybody with the tactical approach they had in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

This will be embarrassing for Tipp.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

It is nothing to do with anti Cavan - merely stating that it is surely no coincidence
    after 13 years of failure to win Ulster. Suddenly Cavan do it in a covid 19 year which caused chaos in the championship?

I have nothing against Cavan in fact I admire many of the players they have.

It’s disrespectful to Cavan. People are quick to label Cavan a Division 3 team but in 2017 & 2019 we were in Division 1. We also made the Ulster Final last year beating Monaghan & Armagh on the way.

We also have a panel of players who were very successful when underage between 2011 and 2014, backed up by younger lads who made an All Ireland minor semi final in 2017.

And it was 23 years by the way, not 13,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Another goal for Mayo.

The fog is not that bad...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

It was. Watch it again.

If you had read my post about it you would have seen my response about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Genuinely can't remember a more inept performance from a team in Croke Park in my life.

Advertisement