Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,180 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

fullstop wrote: »
    He isn’t. He’s a recruiter.

Recruiting soft frees for the last decade, wha...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

He isn’t. He’s a recruiter.

Ah OK I see, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

He was in St. Pat's drumcondra studying to be one.

His occupation on Wikipedia is a primary school teacher albeit I know you or I can edit Wikipedia pages.

Was he ever a primary school teacher or what's he craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

A decent effort from Mayo although very poor defensively at times. The final is almost an irrelevance really, we all know how it will pan out but to be fair to Mayo they're the last team standing in 2020 that isn't financially doped up to it's eyeballs. Not much more they can do, indeed that's all any of the other 31 counties that aren't Dublin can ask for any more sadly.
    Cillian OConnor... Ireland's most unlikeable player and the the only reason needed for Mayo not to win the AI(I wouldnt begrudge some of their panel a medal but would hate to see him win one).

Gaillimh Abu

That's honestly one of the most embarrassing posts I've ever read on boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,389 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The amount of goal chances Mayo have conceded is unreal

I’d say that element of their performance will be worrying them really. Very impressive from midfield on forward but the ease at which Tipp fashioned those goal opportunities..

I’d say the Dublin coaches will be hammering it home to their players that if they get in behind the half backs that the fullback line are a potential weak link...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭franklyon

DVDM93 wrote: »

His occupation on Wikipedia is a primary school teacher albeit I know you or I can edit Wikipedia pages.

Hes a primary school teacher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

DVDM93 wrote: »

PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

He recruits primary school teachers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

Must be warmer at the Aviva

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Don't know why RTE are going to have this split the dubs discussion on SG tonight..if anything all of this talk is driving on the dubs more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭Pasteur.

Why are they blowing cold air at Whelan

• Advertisement

Don't know why RTE are going to have this split the dubs discussion on SG tonight..if anything all of this talk is driving on the dubs more

Were they saying this about Kilkenny in the 2000's ? No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Get Pat inside before he turns blue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

Its pure nonsense.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Good point by spillane.
    Families and those FL staff.

4 finals left to play at Croke park, surely they could allow family members and a few supporters in.

I think it's 5 finals to be played there, forgot about Antrim and Kerry on the same day as the Senior Hurling Final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

breezy1985 wrote: »
    The straight knockout no backdoor peddlers are pretty quiet this weekend

Mentioned it earlier. I still think it's a lot better. The Super 8s just dragged the whole process out. A backdoor system only works if more than one team is a genuine challenger

• Registered Users Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

franklyon wrote: »
    Hes a primary school teacher

Well he must be telling lies on his LinkedIn account so, where he lists himself as a Business Development Director for Spot Recruitment. He’s qualified as a teacher, but he’s not a teacher anymore.splitting hairs...maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

Well he must be telling lies on his LinkedIn account so, where he lists himself as a Business Development Director for Spot Recruitment. He’s qualified as a teacher, but he’s not a teacher anymore.splitting hairs...maybe!

He was a primary teacher until a couple of years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭boardise

You know the answer they give? Munster is a hurling province...

Which makes zero sense similar breakdown of standard of League teams with Leinster!

Plus no one questions why the most successful football team in the country (Kerry) play in Munster and if it is fair?

The mind boggles, but sure that is the GAA it has never made sense.

It's hard to get a sensible competitive structure for All Ireland events when only a quarter of the counties can field half decent teams in hurling -and likewise in football .
    I always felt the GAA had it wrong in that a league format is rationally better suited for finding the best team ( as happens in sports around the world ) and then you have a knock-out cup for the thrills and spills of the shock result and glory days for the minnows etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Mayo will beat The Dubs im telling ya

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

PTH2009 wrote: »

And we're off...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

He's just set a new Championship record for a total score in a single game. To go with his record as the highest scoring player ever in the Championship. And all you can do is throw insults at him. It's pathetic. Stop digging.

And Gaillimh Abu is your signature, it's on all of your posts, including that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

statesaver wrote: »
    Why are they standing out in the cold and fog and not in the studio in Croker ?

It's known as 'virtue signalling' or seeing to be doing the right thing.
    Total load of nonsense pandering to a few cranks.
    Reporting from the warmth of the studio would be wise and proper thing to do and there is absolutely zero evidence to the contrary.
    I'm actually amazed the powers that be don't insist that players 'take a knee' before throw-in.!!
    Just hope and pray that people finally wake-up in 2021, if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cave_dweller

Two terrible semi-finals to watch, in terms of competitive games which is what we should be getting at this stage. Mayo have found some great new players, but need to be way better to come close to Dublin. Their defence looks weak and Dublin will be ruthless. I know the game was dead but about 4 consecutive kick-outs from Clarke (all of which were poor kicks) were won by Tipp after the second water break and Tipp ran right through for a goal chance.:confused: Really hope we get a decent final, it's badly needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Gael85

He started a Recruitment Co with Pat Hughes Sligo footballer and someone else. Gave up the teaching last year. He was teaching in Drimnagh Castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

washman3 wrote: »
    I'm actually amazed the powers that be insist that players 'take a knee' before throw-in.!!
    Just hope and pray that people finally wake-up in 2021, if nothing else.

I've watched every game on telly this season and havent seen a single player or team take a knee and havent even seen it discussed. Think you're confused with soccer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Mayo into their 5th AI final in 8 years. Stephen Rochford was spot on in his views before the match saying Tipp hadn't faced a side of Mayos pace and intensity this year and expected a comfortable win.

Tipperary put some respectability on the scoreboard by winning the 2nd half 2-8 to 1-8 but let's be honest because Mayo eased off 2nd half.

4-9 for Cillian O’Connor some scoring in AI semi finals don't need to know which Mayo forward will Dublin give the most attention too.

I think we'll get a competitive final as Mayo are one of the few teams that can match Dublin in pace, fitness and physicality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

PTH2009 wrote: »

At what? The darts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Looking forward to the final
    Mayo were open today but it was a challenge game after 15minutes, they'll tighten up for the final no doubt
    Mayo have been a thorn in dublins side, dublin really would love to crush to them.
    I'd be putting Keegan on kilkenny and not con.
    They need to get their matchs up right for this game.
    70 minutes from immortality, youd give them punters chance

• Advertisement

C__MC wrote: »
    Looking forward to the final
    Mayo were open today but it was a challenge game after 15minutes, they'll tighten up for the final no doubt
    Mayo have been a thorn in dublins side, dublin really would love to crush to them.
    I'd be putting Keegan on kilkenny and not con.
    They need to get their matchs up right for this game.
    70 minutes from immortality, youd give them punters chance

They'll have to or be crushed, game could be over in 15 minutes if they repeat that defensive performance.
    I assume we will play with a sweeper for the final. Today was the most i have seen the team exposed in years. I think Boyle played that role a few years ago.

Advertisement