Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Slattsy wrote: »
    Why isn't David Clifford playing?

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

Is this Cork play what people like threeball are asking for when they run into pressure, hit and hope and generally play like headless chickens?

Where did I ask for that? Throw up the post or stfu.

This game is exactly the kind of crap I was saying football had turned into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

Low scoring but I'm really enjoying it.

The punditry could do with a bit of positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

As Pat Spillane would say Puke Football, Jesus it’s dire to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

dobman88 wrote: »
    The ref has money on Kerry and giving cork nothing :pac: would ye at least put some effort into the trolling. 2 blacks for Kerry and none for cork for similar offences would tell a different story.

Cork had that and blew it. I still fancy them to win in ET on the showing so far. They're well up for this and giving Kerry plenty of it. Worst Kerry performance I can remember for a long time.
    Was wondering myself what game these guys are watching. Ref on a mission for Cork

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,344 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Knew Cork would cause Kerry a few issues and are very close to a massive upset

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Was wondering myself what game these guys are watching. Ref on a mission for Cork
    Kerry went two points up with 2 of the softest frees you will ever see ffs, shocking refereeing display

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

We might get a bit of respect after that showing. Cork walked Division 3, and will be very very competitive in division 2 next year.

I'm yet to see a post disrespecting cork. They were never a division 3 team. A rock solid division 2 team that had a bad year and always show well in championship

I'm yet to see a post disrespecting cork. They were never a division 3 team. A rock solid division 2 team that had a bad year and always show well in championship
    The commentary team gave Cork 0 praise. 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Crazy black card for Moran.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Knew Cork would cause Kerry a few issues and are very close to a massive upset

Where did you mention that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,390 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The ref has money on Kerry and giving cork nothing :pac: would ye at least put some effort into the trolling. 2 blacks for Kerry and none for cork for similar offences would tell a different story.

Cork had that and blew it. I still fancy them to win in ET on the showing so far. They're well up for this and giving Kerry plenty of it. Worst Kerry performance I can remember for a long time.

Two blacks were warranted, he gets no brownie points for getting the odd one right...he’s missed a shît load of other stuff.. two of Kerry’s points were scored after regaining possession by clear fouls which he didn’t award.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,145 ✭✭✭threeball

He fell across his leg, it wasn't a trip. Well done Colm. Falling over your own waffle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

seligehgit wrote: »
    Crazy black card for Moran.

He clearly stuck his boot out
    Black all day

The commentary team gave Cork 0 praise. 0.

Is it not long established that commentators and pundits in the main are idiots? Wouldnt take much notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

elefant wrote: »
    Low scoring but I'm really enjoying it.

The punditry could do with a bit of positivity.

I'd rather have accurate punditry.

Kerry went two points up with 2 of the softest frees you will ever see ffs, shocking refereeing display

Cork could have had a few blacks as well and Powter dived for the equalising free. What game are you watching. Seriously

Cork could have had a few blacks as well and Powter dived for the equalising free. What game are you watching. Seriously
    Dived? Are you for real?
    4 fellas hitting him.

Strumms wrote: »
    Two blacks were warranted, he gets no brownie points for getting the odd one right...he’s missed a shît load of other stuff.. two of Kerry’s points were scored after regaining possession by clear fouls which he didn’t award.

They were completely warranted. Find it funny that he didnt issue blacks for similar cork fouls but is pro Kerry apparently..

keano25 wrote: »
    I mean overall in the game. Showing Kerry way too much respect.

Never used the extra man.

Still think Kerry will win this to be honest.

Would agree with the respect.

Once it became clear that Kerry were gonna play this way, well after their initial defensive intensity waned, Cork should have ploughed up the middle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

Dived? Are you for real?
    4 fellas hitting him.

It was soft. Played for the free

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

I'd rather have accurate punditry.

Did you not find it exciting?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

C__MC wrote: »
    He clearly stuck his boot out
    Black all day

Oops missed that.

Mea culpa.:D

Dived? Are you for real?
    4 fellas hitting him.

Thought it looked off the ground myself before he was fouled and he got away with one

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Vinnie222 wrote: »
    It was soft. Played for the free

But it was a free, Kerry no. 7 had his arm too high on Powter.

Dived? Are you for real?
    4 fellas hitting him.

Nobody hit he he turned away from a defender and threw himself. Mcstay even referred to it. Take the blinkers off. Cork doing great and should see this out, no need to be bleating about a ref that has given them every chance

threeball wrote: »
    Where did I ask for that? Throw up the post or stfu.

This game is exactly the kind of crap I was saying football had turned into.

Ooooh.

You complained about football and used Dublin as an example and I posited the crap this served up in the first half as what you might have preferred. Loads of hit and hope. Good old school football.

Nobody hit he he turned away from a defender and threw himself. Mcstay even referred to it. Take the blinkers off. Cork doing great and should see this out, no need to be bleating about a ref that has given them every chance
    :pac::pac::pac: right

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That hurt Maguire but he struggles on. Having a good game, too many fouls though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Panrich

Backward free kicks should be banned. It's not soccer.

Advertisement