Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭meep

sligeach wrote: »
    The goal, looked like a slight push on the defender and if was close to square ball. They haven't shown a replay yet.

I wasn’t square ball. He caught it outside. Obvious from the immediate replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Corcaigh84 wrote: »
    The Double is on lads 😂😂

Don’t think Galway have quite enough fire power to win the football tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

That sort of result was coming over the past 2 years. Really really building a team, especially after the U20 and Minor success last year. Good time ehad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,295 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It's taking the P1$$ that Tyrone are out having lost to Donegal, Kerry are out today to Cork. Meanwhile Dublin get to stroll against Westmeath. And will do so the next day as well against either Longford/Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

C__MC wrote: »
    Donegal will get their fill of it next sunday off armagh

Armagh really impressed me last year,oodles of potential yet I think next Sunday will be a bridge too far to reach same.

Oft get predictions wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

Happy4all wrote: »
    Covid spike in Cork tonight.

Agian

• Registered Users Posts: 25,944 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Slattsy wrote: »
    We kept hearing Kerry had improved six fold, stronger, faster, fitter, hungrier. Ha ha.

Any reason Clifford didn't play? Injured I assume. Big loss.

This is gonna get dirtier than the Trump thread.

Speaking of lunatic politicians the Healy-Raes will be out tomorrow playing the poor mouth about the damage this will do to the Kerry economy

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

It's taking the P1$$ that Tyrone are out having lost to Donegal, Kerry are out today to Cork. Meanwhile Dublin get to stroll against Westmeath. And will do so the next day as well against either Longford/Laois.

Ah but Munster is the weak province, don't cha know?!

In all seriousness, Kerry only have themselves to blame for that inept performance. From front to back, they were lethargic, sloppy and wasteful. A particular word for David Moran, who continued the habits of the last few years and kept doing his best to throw it away AGAIN.

Dont worry in a few weeks they will even it up by giving Dublin a stroll against Donegal and Cork too

In fairness Kerry were playing against a division 3 team, they just bottled it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Apparently morale was low in the Kerry camp since Fungie went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

I cant wait to hear the kerry media crew on this defeat
    Yerra.......

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A return to the days when Championship was knockout, should keep it this way, but HQ wont have it. The possibility of cash cows not being milked every single summer would be unthinkable

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

dobman88 wrote: »
    None of that matters. Cork were the far better team, dug in and got the luck they deserved. I dont think anyone in Kerry can have any complaints. Beaten by the better team

God I hate your magnanimity sometimes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

None of that matters. Cork were the far better team, dug in and got the luck they deserved. I dont think anyone in Kerry can have any complaints. Beaten by the better team

Thought Kerry looked more dangerous. They missed some very scoreable chances, especially in normal time. Clifford was as guilty as anyone.

Take nothing away from Cork but Kerry let them back into it by not taking their chances to kill the game. Cork were absolutely dead on their feet in extra time, fair play to them for hanging in there. Kerry will be sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

And the two main contenders to beat Dublin, Galway and Mayo, one will knock the other out.

Tipperary will be licking their lips for a crack against Cork now, wouldn't be surprised to see another shock, they've been playing regularly in the league the last few years and there's never much in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

:D

The reason Dublin and Cork and Donegal and Mayo are still in it is because they won their matches.

It's not that complicated really.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,669 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Sean Powter gets MOTM, well deserved

What? Kerry should have done the same to division 3 Cork as Dublin did to Westmeath.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

God I hate your magnanimity sometimes. :)

Just a realist Bonnie. I fully expected a Kerry win by 5+ as can be seen by posts on this site. But credit where it's due. My only saving grace is I dont live at home. Phone is hopping tho.

• Advertisement

The real Man of the Match today was the weather.

Jesus Christ this is some amount of whining.

C__MC wrote: »
    I cant wait to hear the kerry media crew on this defeat
    Yerra.......

Rudy Giuliani is giving a press conference outside the Listowel garden centre at 7pm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Patience....patience....patience. when all were for kick it in ....kick it in.... Cork held possession, like they did all day.
    Eventually they had a shot, ended up being an up and under but he caught and finished it so well.

Kerry fullbacks have never really been that good under the high ball. Surprised we didn't send one in earlier in the game but they sent it in when it counted.

Peter Keane will have to accept that his tactics backfired completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭robbiezero

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Patience....patience....patience. when all were for kick it in ....kick it in.... Cork held possession, like they did all day.
    Eventually they had a shot, ended up being an up and under but he caught and finished it so well.

Kerry fullbacks have never really been that good under the high ball. Surprised we didn't send one in earlier in the game but they sent it in when it counted.

Peter Keane will have to accept that his tactics backfired completely.

Wasn't it Tommy Walsh under it?
    Very poor from him.

The real Man of the Match today was the weather.

Go home Sligeach. This is not your day.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭dog_pig

Doesn't look like all the hype behind Kerry and Clifford over the last few months did them much good.

Just a realist Bonnie. I fully expected a Kerry win by 5+ as can be seen by posts on this site. But credit where it's due. My only saving grace is I dont live at home. Phone is hopping tho.

Ah I'd just be apoplectic.

Did not see that result coming after that first half of ET.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

Don’t think Galway have quite enough fire power to win the football tbh.

Firepower has always been there, Joyce just needs to get the defence sorted and in fairness to him they are after reaching a provincial final without conceding a score yet.

• Advertisement

Fungie didn’t go missing. The Rebels put a Cork in it.

Advertisement