Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

breezy1985 wrote: »
    It is an old one but the difference is hes not telling it to his friends done the pub he was thick enough to put it on social media

Thinking is light among that whole age group of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

DVDM93 wrote: »

Some people need to get a life. Asshole put that on witter just trying to ruin the young lad

• Registered Users Posts: 25,945 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Some people need to get a life. Asshole put that on witter just trying to ruin the young lad

Its on TikToK so I think that means Moran posted it for all to see himself

And here we have the other end of the scale, the vast end of the scale. Like, he’s hardly blameless either. A lot of the time these things are somewhere in the middle and everyone needs to calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

DVDM93 wrote: »
    There is word going around that he's been dropped from the Mayo panel for this, is there any truth to it folks?

https://twitter.com/elvisrockysly/status/1326950139429318656?s=20

Is he audtioning for the Hardy bucks or is he actually like that in real life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

breezy1985 wrote: »
    Its on TikToK so I think that means Moran posted it for all to see himself

It was on tiktok, took everything down when he went on the County team

It was on tiktok, took everything down when he went on the County team

Well at least then he had the brains to take it down once he knew he'd be in the spotlight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

What a clown. Advocating child sex abuse.

ArielAtom wrote: »

He's not though is he. He's just an idiot repeating an old joke that should be well buried by now but I doubt anyone thinks that's an endorsement of anything

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Ah jesus. Think that's a bit overboard. It's an old joke been told a million times that if he told it down the pub would have been met with waayyyy, everyone has an immature laugh and moves on. At worst it was an extreme error in judgment posting it publicly, nothing more to read into it.

• Advertisement

I think making an ape of yourself like that on video and been laughed at up and down the country will be enough punishment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Stupid joke, and shows minimal appreciation of what anyone outside his own circle might make of it!

Certainly does not deserve him being thrown off the panel.

An actual rapist was allowed to played League of Ireland after being convicted.

Just as a matter of comparison for the outraged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭flasher0030

dobman88 wrote: »
    Ah jesus. Think that's a bit overboard. It's an old joke been told a million times that if he told it down the pub would have been met with waayyyy, everyone has an immature laugh and moves on. At worst it was an extreme error in judgment posting it publicly, nothing more to read into it.

Never heard that joke before. Have to say I laughed a little.
    But stopped immediately when I thought of the PC brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

Leave the young lad alone..........tic tok is a place where young people have a bit of fun..daft dances ect ect,
    Hope he plays on Sunday and has a great game..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Leave the young lad alone..........tic tok is a place where young people have a bit of fun..daft dances ect ect,
    Hope he plays on Sunday and has a great game..

He's been name at centre half forward for Sunday too so obviously the word going around that he was dropped was bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,025 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

But he said the words. Just because you can interpret it that way does not mean that any kid who saw it will. He a fcuking gob****e of the highest order. I

Ah get over it ffs. You just want to be offended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Regarding Moran, I agree he came across as a tit in the video. Hes only a kid but on the evidence presented, he seems a bit of an eejit in general. Maybe its a generational thing.

However its possible to be a tit, and still have a sports career. There seems to be a demand for heads to roll every time someone does something stupid these days. Id expect management and senior players to be on his case over it, and hopefully thats the end of it. If not, he only has himself to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Regarding Moran, I agree he came across as a tit in the video. Hes only a kid but on the evidence presented, he seems a bit of a gobsh1te in general. Maybe its a generational thing.

However its possible to be a tit, and still have a sports career. There seems to be a demand for heads to roll every time someone does something stupid these days. Id expect management and senior players to be on his case over it, and hopefully thats the end of it. If not, he only has himself to blame.

Just saw the video, I really don't know what the hell he was thinking, that joke used to be quite popular in the school yard but certainly something that anyone in any way grown up wouldn't find funny or even appropriate to have said.

Agreed though, the old "cancel culture" coming to the fore, we're all prone to saying and doing stupid things, and amongst our close inner social circle may say things we wouldn't to the outside world. A bit of maturity and common sense and he would have realised that anything posted online is bound to be screenshotted or screen recorded and then it's in every WhatsApp group up and down the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Ah get over it ffs. You just want to be offended.

Mod Warning

Posters have been offered the opportunity to offer their opinions re this subject matter.

Can we please revert back to the substantive issue of this thread which is this year's All Ireland Senior Football Championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

Mickey Harte has officially stepped down.

“That’s how I leave things, I am privileged to have been given the opportunities I have been given and I did my best every year I was there.”

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40082006.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

From RTÉ. Big boots to fill.

Mickey Harte stands down as Tyrone manager after 18 years

Mickey Harte's 18-year spell as manager of the Tyrone senior football team is over, with the three-time All-Ireland winner confirming he has stood down.

Uncertainty surrounded the future of the longest-serving manager in Gaelic football this week after the county's Ulster SFC exit at hands of great rivals Donegal.

Having come to the end of a three-year term following his reappointment in 2017, Harte had little to say about his future following their early championship exit to Donegal recently. "I haven't considered anything about that just right now," he said.

Harte transformed Tyrone into one of the powerhouses of Gaelic football, leading them to their first All-Ireland title in 2003, followed by two more in 2005 and 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Spare a thought for Laois. Dubs are only getting warmed up. Goal for them will be to keep below 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Massive boots to fill for whoever gets the Tyrone job. Wish Micky Harte all the best in his retirement after one hell of a career. The man clearly loves the game and would not surprise me to see him help out other counties in some capacity

Golden opportunity for the winners of the Connacht final on Sunday. They will face the Munster winners in the All Ireland semi final which will be Cork or Tipperary (tbh Cork got lucky and none of these 2 are top teams)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭KIB4Life

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Massive boots to fill for whoever gets the Tyrone job. Wish Micky Harte all the best in his retirement after one hell of a career. The man clearly loves the game and would not surprise me to see him help out other counties in some capacity

Golden opportunity for the winners of the Connacht final on Sunday. They will face the Munster winners in the All Ireland semi final which will be Cork or Tipperary (tbh Cork got lucky and none of these 2 are top teams)

Yeah, but whoever wins the Connacht final can’t take either team for granted. Cork are improving and were fairly competitive in last year’s super 8’s and gave Dublin a good game for about 60 minutes last year and could have beaten Mayo a few years ago down in Limerick, so Cork can definitely on their day can produce a performance that can match any team.

Tipp definitely aren’t as good as what they were in 2016 or haven’t put in a performance of that standard as of yet in the championship. Don’t forget Tipp beat Galway well in 2016, even though both teams have probably gone in different directions since that game.

So in a knockout championship year anything could happen, you would alright expect one of Mayo or Galway to get to the All Ireland final depending on who wins the Connacht final, but as we saw in the Cork and Kerry game that if a team stays in the game and gives themselves a chance to win, then they might get that bit of luck that they need to win.

Game over, Donegal are miles ahead all over the pitch, Armagh won't come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Very impressive Donegal performance. Without a doubt if it comes to pass Donegal would pose a massive threat to Dublin in an All Ireland semi final.

Well if it wasn't over before it is now.

I was going to switch over to the hurling at 2 regardless but at least now I know I won't be missing much here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

If my aunty had balls etc. etc.
    Ah I was only messin. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but I think it's unfair when the label bottlers is thrown at the Mayo players. I think they are the farthest thing from bottlers. Have shown great heart and determination just falling slightly short at the final hurdle. To me, bottling something would be getting to the final, and then shltting the pants through nerves and fear. That was definitely not the case.

From a quick google, Mayo has the second lowest population density in Ireland (just ahead of Leitrim). I don't really know what that means exactly, but it sounds like some statistic that backs up what I'm trying to say - that they are punching above their weight and doing a good job at it.

I'm really not sure what population density has to do with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

Very impressive Donegal performance. Without a doubt if it comes to pass Donegal would pose a massive threat to Dublin in an All Ireland semi final.

I think they could. Will they be the team to bookend this Dublin team. Gave them a beating that drove them to what they became and give them one to end their reign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

We dont know much about this donegal team in my own opinion against the big boys
    They looked very timid last year in defeat to mayo and Tyrone in 18 when it was knockout

Advertisement