Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

grbear wrote: »
    So the clock can be stopped for a water break but not for a break in play due to injury?

That definitely makes loads and loads of sense.

The water break is a planned stoppage.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Jaysus Meath know where the goal is anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭bazermc

Jeeze I go the jacks and miss 3 goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭grbear

The water break is a planned stoppage.

I get that. I was more trying to point out how foolish it is the clock isn't stopped for injury stoppages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Martina1991

I get that. I was more trying to point out how foolish it is the clock isn't stopped for injury stoppages.

Isn't that what injury time is for

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

The water break is stopped by the TV crew only for some very strange reason. The refs watch would keep ticking. It's a particular bug bear of mine that the TV stations stop the clock instead of just letting it run.

Example in a game 2 weeks ago. Added time at the end of the first half was 3 minutes. TV clock showed 37:xx. The refs watch would have shown 38:xx. It will cause controversy one day and it's pure stupidity by the TV crew to pause the clock.

Kildare have handed Meath couple handy goals ffs.

6 up at half time and let in 4 goals in the second half so far is ****ing crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Kildare falling asunder like a cheap tent. How often have we seen that happen over the years? A gutless second half collapse.

Galway will fancy this now. Mayo may rue not putting a few more on the board at the break. Hoping this game springs into life now.

Galway will fancy this now. Mayo may rue not putting a few more on the board at the break. Hoping this game sptings into life now.

I was just going to say did they have nearly as many wides as scores and commentator says 6 wides. That's far too many with the conditions in your favour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

3 point game now in Ulster.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Deserved red at the end for Kildare, looked like a closed fist and it was a bit high.

A couple of Galway howitzer's keeps the scoreboard ticking over.

Some great scores in this second half the Galway Mayo match!

Comer's on the prowl. Galway smelling blood. The cavalry to be brought on to try seal the deal.

Comer's on the prowl. Galway smelling blood. The cavalry to be brought on to try seal the deal.

I love watching him. You always want to see the best players for every county. I just hope it doesnt backfire. Hamstring is a very delicate injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Down could have had 3 or 4 goals only for some shocking decision making.

But time is added on.

This isn't a new thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,431 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Wow Cavan right back this:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Some horrendous hair styles in the Galway vs Mayo game

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Nice that the Paintings on show are from the Primary schools that the Galway lads went to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Galway really could have done with a game before this.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Deserved red at the end for Kildare, looked like a closed fist and it was a bit high.

It was disgraceful. Great reffing.

Shane Walsh with a Super score!

Galway have slipped into a little lull the last 10 minutes but Walsh floats over a beauty to reduce it to two. Great save Galway keeper!

Class stuff from Cavan. They don’t know when they’re done.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Shane Walsh with a Super score!

Amazing scores he has kicked in second half.

That save from McGloughlin, keeps it at 2 points.

Keith Higginns on.

Cracking finish to the Ulster semi. Cavan didnt lead until 65mins and are 3 up now. Finishing strongly again

• Advertisement

Surely that was a Galway free?

Advertisement