Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

dobman88 wrote: »
    About a clear a path to an all Ireland final as Mayo will get. Hopefully they take Tipp/Cork seriously and not get caught with complacency like Kerry did. Goes to show you cant take too much from league form either.

In bonus territory now. Don't give them a chance against Dublin if they get there. But great for all these new young players to get a medal and now get to Croke Park. Hopefully Croker is kind to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

A drop kick from Fenton! What's rare is wonderful.

Brushed over how? The correct rules were applied, id prefer to see a tackle like that being a Red but its not so i don t know what your problem is

Brushed over as far as if it was any other team there would be uproar about it but all we’ll hear is brave Mayo winning, etc.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Some people acting as if no other team in Ireland would commit that foul in the same situation. They would have bottled it had they allowed the Galway player get a shot away.
    People letting their dislike of Mayo blind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Slattsy wrote: »
    Great foul. If it was Dublin or Tyrone player you'd never hear the end of it... But that's exactly what you want in a team/player.

Totally agree. Mayo could've won an AI in the last few years with that attitude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Some people acting as if no other team in Ireland would commit that foul in the same situation. They would have bottled it had they allowed the Galway player get a shot away.
    People letting their dislike of Mayo blind them.

Here we go. Mayo fans are so sensitive.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    I see. It's okay because other teams have done it. Quality analysis.

Did I say it was ok? Missed that. Quality posting.

It was punished as per the rules.

Did you want more?

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Did I say it was ok? Missed that. Quality posting.

It was punished as per the rules.

Did you want more?

Yes. Punishment needs to harsher.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,388 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Fair play to that young Cavan team.
    10 points down against Down.
    8 against Monaghan
    Still didn’t throw in the towel and came back to win.
    Need to start better though.

Won’t trouble Donegal but fair play to them.

10 points down, atrocious weather...Also they were against 16 today, the ref gave them SFA and Down were atrociously dirty once they went 6 points up... just foul after foul....that might actually have been part of their undoing if they’d kept focus playing football and going for scores instead of the man.... good to see them lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

[/U]
    I see. It's okay because other teams have done it. Quality analysis.

Seriously are you suggesting he shouldnt have done it?? I honestly dont get what your point is

• Advertisement

[/U]

Seriously are you suggesting he shouldnt have done it?? I honestly dont get what your point is

He shouldn't have done it. Why is so hard for you to understand?

I think lots would agree with you as do i, but there coulndt be any more punishment today obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Mayo will end up on the wrong end of a hammering if they play like that against Donegal or Dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,881 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Quite possibly.

But as per the rules currently, I think the ref got it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Totally agree. Mayo could've won an AI in the last few years with that attitude.

Doubt that since cllian o connor has been at it years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

:pac: The poster you quoted is a Meath man. It's just plain and obvious to see. Dont let your hatred cloud your judgement on what was a fantastic game winning foul

:pac: The poster you quoted is a Meath man. It's just plain and obvious to see. Dont let your hatred cloud your judgement on what was a fantastic game winning foul

A fantastic foul which ruining the game.

Mayo will end up on the wrong end of a hammering if they play like that against Donegal or Dublin

New team with nine players making debuts, can see them getting to the final against a vastly superior team. They will have massive odds against them. Getting that far will be a massive leap for a Division 2 team.

My avatar is literally the Meath crest :pac:

My avatar is literally the Meath crest :pac:

Meath boys are just as sensitive as the Mayo lads it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

The Laois no.12 is having a shocker.

A fantastic foul which ruining the game.

So you want the Mayo defender to let the Galway attacker play away, maybe score a goal and let his team lose by 1?? I understand your sentiment but its just a load of nonsense..

If a player from your county made the same foul, you wouldnt be complaining I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

Strumms wrote: »

10 points down, atrocious weather...Also they were against 16 today, the ref gave them SFA and Down were atrociously dirty once they went 6 points up... just foul after foul....that might actually have been part of their undoing if they’d kept focus playing football and going for scores instead of the man.... good to see them lose.

I don’t know who assigns the referees for Cavan games. If they don’t give us a Meath man, they give us a Monaghan one! And a Monaghan one reffing his first intercounty game at that!

He caused a six point swing first half. Down’s goal was from a ‘mark’ that wasn’t as it didn’t go beyond the 45. I wouldn’t mind but the linesman was right beside it. That’s two officials that should know a basic rule.

Then he allows advantage for the Down goal but when Marty Reilly gets around two men and is about to shoot he calls it back.

Still, we got the correct result in the end.

So you want the Mayo defender to let the Galway attacker play away, maybe score a goal and let his team lose by 1?? I understand your sentiment but its just a load of nonsense..

If a player from your county made the same foul, you wouldnt be complaining I'd say.

I would. It just leaves a black mark on the game and everyone calls into question the manner of your victory.

Meath boys are just as sensitive as the Mayo lads it seems.
    Okie doke. That makes loads of sense.

He shouldn't have done it. Why is so hard for you to understand?

Of course he should have. You think he shouldnt have and let Galway through for a probable goal? OK so.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,388 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Cavan_King wrote: »
    I don’t know who assigns the referees for Cavan games. If they don’t give us a Meath man, they give us a Monaghan one! And a Monaghan one reffing his first intercounty game at that!

He caused a six point swing first half. Down’s goal was from a ‘mark’ that wasn’t as it didn’t go beyond the 45. I wouldn’t mind but the linesman was right beside it. That’s two officials that should know a basic rule.

Then he allows advantage for the Down goal but when Marty Reilly gets around two men and is about to shoot he calls it back.

Still, we got the correct result in the end.

The quality of football being played is seriously high...but the standard of officiating?.... not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭elefant

It's always easy to blame the referee when you lose by a point, but Galway also had a free given after a great shoulder by Durcan and Conroy could easily have been sent off for a fairly nasty stroke.

And on the cynical foul, literally every player at any sort of level in Ireland would have done the same. It's frustrating, but those are the rules.

I would. It just leaves a black mark on the game and everyone calls into question the manner of your victory.

Nobody but yourself is questioning the manner of their victory. I think it was a great foul so I spose we will have to agree to disagree on it.

• Advertisement

Goal for Dublin, the shot was actually going wide I think but the defender helped it in. Seriously low scoring.

Advertisement