Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

That's an awfully bitter post.

Just go and enjoy the rest of the football championship.

You're not gonna get anywhere with your "Dubs are getting it all their own way" schtick in here. Hackneyed, moronic and ridiculous as it is. .

get anywhere? you sound like a power tripping bouncer :)..

i suppose if you can't debate the point just label it bitter, the insular never want reform.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

gourcuff wrote: »
    County who play every game at home want to continue playing every game at home - shocker

Lives in Dublin
    Works in Dublin
    Doesnt want to raise kids in Dublin
    Goes home every 2nd weekend
    Shocker Hates Dublin:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

dunnerc wrote: »
    County who play every game at home want to continue playing every game at home - shocker

Lives in Dublin
    Works in Dublin
    Doesnt want to raise kids in Dublin
    Goes home every 2nd weekend
    Shocker Hates Dublin:rolleyes:

way to stay on topic kid :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭dunnerc

dunnerc wrote: »

way to stay on topic kid :rolleyes:

Ditto kid;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

Ah, nothing is completely guaranteed. That's always going to be the case.
    But if it were Kerry, I'd have the fear.
    But not Cork or Tipperary.
    Mayo could have a bad day and that's the end of the road for us. Not the end of the world. But I cannot see it happening.

I think if both play at their best - Mayo win.
    I think if both play like they did in their last match, Mayo win.
    If Cork up their game and Mayo play poorly of course there is a good chance of an upset.

Quinlivan, Sweeney and will have a bit to say in proceedings yet though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,231 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Cork v Kerry and Mayo v Galway was two poor quality error ridden matches. While Mayo and Cork deserved their wins neither can class their performances as good.
    I think it's an absolute stretch to say that Cork "deserved" to win v Kerry.
    The nature of the game meant that one team had to win, but neither team actually deserved to win.
    Cork won because they played a little bit less s**t than Kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

get anywhere? you sound like a power tripping bouncer :)..

i suppose if you can't debate the point just label it bitter, the insular never want reform.

You're not making any point that hasn't been attempted annually since Dublin started to win All-Ireland's this century.

Almost everyone who has responded to your posts has stated that the AISFs and AIF should be in Croker, especially given the potential/certainty for bad weather at this time of year.

The fact is they WILL be in Croker.

So yeah, you're not gonna get anywhere in here repeating yourself, with these snide, bitter, moronic and ridiculous posts, kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,951 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Every thread now has its own version of Godwin's law and Dublins unfair advantage is footballs

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Here's an interesting statistic:

Of 73 Leinster championship games which Dublin played between 1974 and the Leinster council decision (not Dublin's) to move all Dublin games to CP, 35 were outside of Dublin. Dublin lost one of those matches - to Laois in Tullamore.

Taking into account that 19 of the Croke Park games were finals, where the Leinster finals in both hurling and football have been played with very few exceptions for 100 years, Dublin's record in CP is actually worse there than in any other Leinster ground.

Most of the defeats were by Meath who interestingly have always chosen to surrender home advantage in Leinster to play in CP since the late 70s.

Without being cruel it has never mattered since 1880s where Dublin footballers played other counties who with exception of Meath, Offaly and Kildare in modern times, and Wexford and Louth historically, and once or twice by Laois and Westmeath, have rarely been competitive.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Here's an interesting statistic:

Of 73 Leinster championship games which Dublin played between 1974 and the Leinster council decision (not Dublin's) to move all Dublin games to CP, 35 were outside of Dublin. Dublin lost one of those matches - to Laois in Tullamore.

Taking into account that 19 of the Croke Park games were finals, where the Leinster finals in both hurling and football have been played with very few exceptions for 100 years, Dublin's record in CP is actually worse there than in any other Leinster ground.

Most of the defeats were by Meath who interestingly have always chosen to surrender home advantage in Leinster to play in CP since the late 70s.

Without being cruel it has never mattered since 1880s where Dublin footballers played other counties who with exception of Meath, Offaly and Kildare in modern times, and Wexford and Louth historically, and once or twice by Laois and Westmeath, have rarely been competitive.

If you couldn't put a ball over the bar and weren't fit, organised, tactical etc etc you could be playing at your own house and it makes zero odds.
    Think this needs to be put to bed for once and for all, every bloody thread is ruined by it for the last decade.
    If any poster wants to have the argument search the posts in GAA Forum and see if there isnt something new there.
    Its boring at this stage and its not going be solved on this forum.

Tipp still have a big shout in this, be silly to rule them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,449 ✭✭✭HBC08

Whoever wins it really will have the softest run to an AI as there ever has.

Dublins only threat is Donegal.

If Mayo win it then their only serious outfit they met is Galway and that's at a push.

Well that's knock out football,
    Kerry used to win 3 games to be all Ireland champions,that would have been the case this year aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

yop wrote: »
    If you couldn't put a ball over the bar and weren't fit, organised, tactical etc etc you could be playing at your own house and it makes zero odds.
    Think this needs to be put to bed for once and for all, every bloody thread is ruined by it for the last decade.
    If any poster wants to have the argument search the posts in GAA Forum and see if there isnt something new there.
    Its boring at this stage and its not going be solved on this forum.

Tipp still have a big shout in this, be silly to rule them out.

Didn't we have a stickied thread for Dublin's unfair advantages?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

corny wrote: »
    Didn't we have a stickied thread for Dublin's unfair advantages?

We need to have 2. One for Bonnie to defend Dublin and the other for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,951 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

We need to have 2. One for Bonnie to defend Dublin and the other for the rest of us.

Have 10 if ye want just please get off this thread with it

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Slipperydodger

Great video done with Cian O’Sullivan to get you into the mood for the Leinster Final. He seems like a genuinely nice lad! https://youtu.be/4FGG8mZOxTk

Bonnies

again i don't know why you need to act like a bouncer, are you god in here?

most rationale people can get over a team having home advantage for a final and semi final - the stadium has the biggest capacity.. buy why do they get every other game at home as well - that is objectively unfair.

as for the idea that the best pitch should determine where games are played - again most people would agree that is a daft notion.

no other sport in the world has such a biased competition structure favouring one team over every other.

cbOL4.gif

---

Anyway, I'm still moving back and forth about Cork and Tipp tbh lads.

The other two seem to be all over bar the shouting at this remove.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Not that we need reminding, but the Leinster Championship is officially dead given that the Dublin posters on here have spent the week defending their home advantage rather than talking about a game against the old enemy

I say the same thing every year, I just hope that Meath can give them a game. Any sort of competitive game, even if its only for 50 minutes. I know that progress has been made, but if Mayo, Donegal and Tyrone can give the Dubs a reasonable game in the last few years, there's really no excuse for Meath and Kildare to have been so far off the pace for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

I think it's an absolute stretch to say that Cork "deserved" to win v Kerry.
    The nature of the game meant that one team had to win, but neither team actually deserved to win.
    Cork won because they played a little bit less s**t than Kerry.

Any team that holds a Kerry to a mere 0-13 in 90 minutes of football deserves a bit more credit than that.

The weather had a factor no doubt and a fast-paced, free-flowing shootout was always going to suit Kerry but, once Cork turned it into a fractured dogfight, Cork had more dogs-of-war.

Cork battled bravely throughout, never took a back step. They were more composed and held onto possession better than Kerry and winning score summed up their performance bravery, composure and belief.

Ah now, we're just battling our corner against some blow-ins.

---

Tbf to Meath, Kildare are a disgrace.

You can see progress with Meath. Kildare have spent a century flattering to deceive every 20 years or so.

While the day you got relegated to division 3 gave me the warm fuzzies, I was not expecting the drop to be so long and so detrimental.

I miss Meath and Dublin being a proper dog fight. And here's to it returning, hopefully starting tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Bonnies

Their othering of the Bonnies has not gone un-noticed.

This Bonnie is threatening a retaliatory re-release for the Christmas market:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=utube+bonnie+tyler&docid=608044537756516559&mid=1CC9BA03310E629DE4541CC9BA03310E629DE454&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 39,899 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I know it’s unlikely but they said Offaly wouldn’t beat Kerry in 1982 and they did. I’d love Meath to beat Dublin but as I said it’s very very unlikely but not impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

A nice commemoration on currently on RTE2 now for Bloody Sunday.
    Well done to all involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fann Linn wrote: »
    A nice commemoration on currently on RTE2 now for Bloody Sunday.
    Well done to all involved.

Its beautifully done to be fair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭statesaver

That was a really nice tribute. Well done to all involved.

The GAA and RTÉ nail commemorations and emotional montages.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Can Meath give Dublin a game?
    It was close a few weeks back in the league...

They’re improving fast. It’s a big gulf still but it would be great if this was any way close.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

C__MC wrote: »

No.

Championship is a different animal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

C__MC wrote: »

Much improved on last year.

Kept it very competitive in the first half last year.

Some very decent performances in this year's league.Lots of quality based on my own observations.A coming team.

But it is Dublin.

It should be closer than last year ( hopefully ).

Advertisement