Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Just for balance Kerry have won 15 of the last 20 years of Munster finals, coincidentally I think this Dublin win will match Kerry's number of cumulative wins also.

Cumulative wins of? Just matches won generally?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,411 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

doc_17 wrote: »
    Wrong. Kerry last year.
    I agree but I'd argue that was simply because Dublin were a man down from the first half. Replay showed how far ahead they are in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

sailing wrote: »
    GAA inter county football, a game I have loved since my dad brought me to my very first championship series in 89 has lost it’s attraction. The hierarchy haven’t adapted to a completely unfair system for years now. It’s pretty much a professional game for the top few teams with unlimited money being pumped in. Two of the Dublin panel live in my estate. New Mitsubishi Outlanders with their sponsorship on the side of it. Two very nice people, but it’s very clear that it’s a profession rather than a hobby for them.

The Provincial championship needs to go. A two tier All Ireland must be adopted similar to hurling. Funding capped, and we may then see the emergence of a somewhat level playing field. It’s interesting that if Mayo make this years final they will have played no home game in the championship at all. Dublin will have played nearly all of their games in Croke Park. Just no need for it.

For as long as the current system prevails, nothing will change in the future.

Used to see Andy Moran's sponsored car regularly, not only the Dubs getting sponsored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭Coybig_

Watching Kerry v Tipp, Waterford, Clare and Limerick always has that feel to it (no disrespect to those counties).

All of those counties are strong hurling counties that would not place much interest in football at senior or underage levels. Certainly not even close to the same degree as the interest and effort that goes into hurling.

Dublin do this against counties that actually prioritise football.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Wrong. Kerry last year.

Ah yeah but if Dublin hadn't a man sent off in the first half they would've wrapped it up in the first game. The second game was a very comfortable win.

My point is, unless they are disadvantaged these games are not very competitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,885 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

threeball wrote: »
    Not a chance. Give the 15 best players outside Dublin 3 months together and they would win easily. The really top players would just thrive being surrounded by players of equal quality. Kerry and mayo run dublin close and they would only have 2 each on the team.

What team would you pick to beat them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Coybig_ wrote: »
    All of those counties are strong hurling counties that would not place much interest in football at senior or underage levels. Certainly not even close to the same degree as the interest and effort that goes into hurling.

Dublin do this against counties that actually prioritise football.

Have done the last decade or more. Kerry doing it to those counties for over 120 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,345 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Would not be surprised if Donegal caught Dublin in the semi finals

Mayo have a very good chance winning the AI

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Wrong. Kerry last year.

Completely forgot about the 1st game.

Man down in the first half though and still held on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

At this stage I'd love to see someone set up a professional league, running separately to the GAA competitions.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

Donegal excellent team of course have a decent chance v Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

After watching 2 very good hurling QFs Today this is poison to the eyes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

PTH2009 wrote: »

Maybe Donegal. Mayo haven't a hope. Good team but they still need time to develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Donegal excellent team of course have a decent chance v Dublin.

Are you just trying to convince yourself that the All-Ireland is competitive?

booterboy wrote: »
    After watching 2 very good hurling QFs Today this is poison to the eyes.

O Kane is on the other channel if you're looking for real entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭C__MC

Is the meath goalkeeping coach in goals?
    Well that's sums it all up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Enquiring

This is what happens when you give the county with the biggest population millions of euros. What else was going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Have done the last decade or more. Kerry doing it to those counties for over 120 years.

Dubs have 58 Leinster titles, nearest to them is 21 (Meath). Their domination of Leinster all time is not that far off Kerry in Munster at all

Completely forgot about the 1st game.

Man down in the first half though and still held on.

Not only held on, but could have won it with the last kick at the end with Rock's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Why did the GAA subject us to this non competitive rubbish on this hugely historical night.

Surely the Munster football final should have been on now with the prime time slot or even the Galway Tipp match which had a strange throw in time

• Advertisement

Dubs have 58 Leinster titles, nearest to them is 21 (Meath). Their domination of Leinster all time is not that far off Kerry in Munster at all

Kerry have 81

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

This is a farce. Let's be honest.

Hard to know what the answer is.

Correct. Kerry have been incredibly dominant in Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭threeball

What team would you pick to beat them?

I'll give you 11 definite starters. Add in 4 more plus 5 subs equally as good.

Beggan or Patton
    McManus
    M Murphy
    Shane Walsh
    AOS
    Clifford
    Sean Kelly
    Sean O Shea
    Durkan
    Keegan
    Ryan Mchugh

Dublin are good but don't have that level of quality across all positions.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

AC/DC have released two albums since Dublin's last Championship loss, that's a fair indication of how long it has been.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Didn't see this coming, thought Meath were better than this. Barely a training session.

At this stage I'd love to see someone set up a professional league, running separately to the GAA competitions.

Gas. That will have no support and no money and last as long as a Wicklow championship run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Provincial championships are a scapegoat for anyone not willing to look at the actual problem. Leinster would be very competitive without Dublin.

Are you just trying to convince yourself that the All-Ireland is competitive?

I believe Donegal have a quality team capable of winning any match if they play to the maximum of their talent.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

At least Meath are fighting anyway :D

Advertisement