Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

Channeling some Maurice Fitz there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Unbelievable point. What a way to get the draw.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Conor's Sweeney with a Maurice Fitz-esque free from the sideline to level it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

Well done to that Limerick player who gave away that free.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

What an absolutely stunning free kick from Sweeney to equalise for Tipp.

Maurice Fitz style outside of the boot.

Game going to extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

The standard of the Tipp v Limerick match is not great but the entertainment is top notch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Big Ears wrote: »
    Anyone else forgotten how annoying it is for Marty to be constantly reminding us of how long it is since a team scored ?
    Equally as annoying as letting us know how many times the teams have been level. What is the point of that!

Marty is more suited to hosting All Ireland banquets and preview shows. He's a brutal commentator. I put mute on and listen to RTE Sport on radio instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

That looked a nailed on penalty

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

The standard of the Tipp v Limerick match is not great but the entertainment is top notch.

Indeed.

I threw it on between the Clare V Laois - Cork V Dublin games & have been pleasantly surprised.

2-11 1-14 going in to the 19th minute of ET now, we may see penalties yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Brian Fox kicks a point for Tipperary.

Dopey Morrissey "And he has possibly put Limerick into the Munster Final".

He's such an embarrassment to RTE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 325 ✭✭Hawkeye9212

That was an awful kick. Limerick threw this game away.

Terrible miss, wow.

I was looking forward to the novelty of a penalty shootout when I seen the mark called.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭blowitupref

Huge credit goes to Antrim, Limerick who played their league football in division 4 and both gave themselves a good account of themselves this afternoon.

Antrim had a great 1st half but faded 2nd half. Cavan just about deserved their 4 point win.

Heartbreaking defeat for Limerick the game really should have went to penalties but I'm not sure how that tap over mark wasn't scored with the last kick of the game. Tipp to their credit fought back well for 7 points down at half time, Conor Sweeney was superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,939 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Lundstram wrote: »
    Brian Fox kicks a point for Tipperary.

Dopey Morrissey "And he has possibly put Limerick into the Munster Final".

He's such an embarrassment to RTE.

That was heartbreaking. I could only listen and not see the TV and I was pretty sure he was wrong so ran over to the phone to watch and see Limerick one behind and that easy mark flying wide

breezy1985 wrote: »
    That was heartbreaking. I could only listen and not see the TV and I was pretty sure he was wrong so ran over to the phone to watch and see Limerick one behind and that easy mark flying wide

That's so infuriating for neutral fans i can only imagine the annoyance if you were from Tipp or Limerick. Just pathetic rubbish from Marty.

Great point & a great photo which I've included here also.

https://twitter.com/TheSundayGame/status/1325090651025891328?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 10,365 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Peter Canavan with some awful analysis of Dublin's forwards workrate.

Picked 3 clips of blatant fouls from Dublin forwards that went unpunished.

Peter Crowley shouldered in the chest in 2016
    Brian O'Beaglaoich hauled down by the neck and held to ground in 2016
    And the Dublin team systematically pulling Mayo to ground in the 2017 final.

I wouldn't mind but there is mountains of footage of great tackling and workrate from Mannion, Kilkenny, Scully and Howard.

Those clips boiled my blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DDC1990 wrote: »

I wouldn't mind but there is mountains of footage of great tackling and workrate from Mannion, Kilkenny, Scully and Howard.

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

---
    That was some score from Small.

I wasn't able to get so see anything last weekend, so it's good to see some live ball of a Saturday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's the most wonderful time of the year.

---
    That was some score from Small.

I wasn't able to get so see anything last weekend, so it's good to see some live ball of a Saturday evening.

Lolingtons. And so it begins...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Dublin coasting so far

Dublin with 91% shooting success rate. Nice to leave a little room for improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Canavan never recovered from 1995 and carries his bitterness to this very day.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

They're the kind of antics that win you championships and I have no complaints with them doing that. You do what you have to do to win. I dare say if Kerry had a bit more about them, they could have won the first game last year with similar antics but they were a bit naive and backed off.

Canavan made the point that it was game management from the Dubs against Mayo and it was. Dont let them out, create a ruckus, wind down the clock. Job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Was never expecting them to win but had hoped Westmeath might try and play a bit. Getting hammered while just staying in your own half is a pure embarrassment for a county team. Dublin showing them up as expected and its fully deserved for Westmeath. Very impressive side to watch them dissect a team with 15 in their own half.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭doc_17

Jesus, that moustache Bugler has is criminal.

This is about two scores away from being a Dublin supporters only spectacle.. ive other things i can watch or do than watching a hammering here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,915 ✭✭✭doc_17

It’s probably been asked already but why is this game in Laois?

Dublin have converted 15/17 chances. An 88% success rate which is pretty efficiant for 35 minutes of football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

doc_17 wrote: »
    It’s probably been asked already but why is this game in Laois?

Lights.

Worth remembering that Westmeath finished 4th in Division 2 (and weren't that far off promotion - they drew with Armagh who got promoted)

Advertisement