Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

spurshero wrote: »
    O rourke saying he nice for tipp to experience all Ireland semi final day in croker !! Ah they did that 4 years ago colm ! I suppose it be too much to expect him to know that

Taking the fact he hasnt a clue out of it, I can see what he means. It will be a great day for that team who dont play there too often, regardless of the result. Was 2016 their last time? And with all the talk of moving AISF out of croke park, I'd say those tipp lads would not agree with it one bit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

That Tipp jersey is available from O Neills and Elverys on December 4th - can imagine that it will end up being a Christmas present for a lot of people after today's result

And rightly so. Very nice Jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Coybig_ wrote: »
    So exactly like the hurlers then?

We could stick Cork City in their as well.

Not a great year for the "sports mad" county.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

That Tipp jersey is available from O Neills and Elverys on December 4th - can imagine that it will end up being a Christmas present for a lot of people after today's result

Except in CorkðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

Can anyone throw some light on why the goal was disallowed? Players that scored it was outside square when ball was played

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Have never been so proud. What a day for Tipp football.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Limerick would have beaten Cork today.

Up to the women to deliver for the county again, camogs and footballs in their respective All Ireland finals

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Rockfish

dobman88 wrote: »
    Taking the fact he hasnt a clue out of it, I can see what he means. It will be a great day for that team who dont play there too often, regardless of the result. Was 2016 their last time? And with all the talk of moving AISF out of croke park, I'd say those tipp lads would not agree with it one bit.

There is no serious talk about that happening

Yep. I'll be getting it. Gorgeous looking and historical in more ways than one now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Colm O'Rourke sounds like he's done no research or preparation for this game whatsoever. Just little things about referring to the qualifier with Mayo as 'last year' when it was 2018, calling Michael Quinlivan 'relatively unknown' when he's an All Star. I feel like he's forgotten that Tipp were in a semi final very very recently and being quite patronising towards them when this is not just a freak result but a by product of years of underage success including a stunning All Ireland victory against a Dublin side that contained a decent number of five in a row winners.

Been a pattern that his analysis has gotten a lot blunter over the last few years and he often talks in clichés

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭threeball

Rockfish wrote: »
    Can anyone throw some light on why the goal was disallowed? Players that scored it was outside square when ball was played

The rule says that if the player in the square interferes with the defence its a free out but the player didn't get in the way of the defender or goalie so it should have stood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

formerlyET wrote: »
    Stupid comment from O'Shea. 'Would have been a different story if Kerry were there.' Idiot. Kerry were beaten and will remain beaten for the day.

I think he's just in shock in fairness, people tend to say stupid stuff when they're shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

My father has already asked for it ðŸ˜႒

There is no serious talk about that happening

And rightly so

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

Kerry the 3rd best team in Munster now

• Registered Users Posts: 25,942 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Kerry the 3rd best team in Munster now

Limerick took the champions to the death in extra time so I'd say 4th :p

The rules state you must not gain an advantage by running outside the field of play. Goal scorer ran out over the end line on his way to play the ball into the net. That's why it was disallowed. A stupid rule

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Brilliant! My Grandad would have been over the moon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭beggars_bush

thelad95 wrote: »
    Colm O'Rourke sounds like he's done no research or preparation for this game whatsoever. Just little things about referring to the qualifier with Mayo as 'last year' when it was 2018, calling Michael Quinlivan 'relatively unknown' when he's an All Star. I feel like he's forgotten that Tipp were in a semi final very very recently and being quite patronising towards them when this is not just a freak result but a by product of years of underage success including a stunning All Ireland victory against a Dublin side that contained a decent number of five in a row winners.

Been a pattern that his analysis has gotten a lot blunter over the last few years and he often talks in clichés
    Colm is a bit out of the loop at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Two potential reasons

1) Player who scored was off the field of play before he came back on, which actually as the ball was being played across he was back on the pitch but that was with the benefit of replay. You can't go outside the boundaries of the field to gain an advantage

2) There was a Tipp player who fell into the Cork goal, got up and was trying to get back out when the ball was played across, could be deemed as interfering with the goalkeeper even though he didn't touch him

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭booterboy

Well done Tipp.
    What time does the Ulster Basketball final throw in?

dobman88 wrote: »
    The rules state you must not gain an advantage by running outside the field of play. Goal scorer ran out over the end line on his way to play the ball into the net. That's why it was disallowed. A stupid rule

Tipp player was actually back on the field just before the ball was played.

booterboy wrote: »
    Well done Tipp.
    What time does the Ulster Basketball final throw in?

I got the time wrong - its 4pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Roots 2020

That sorta display is why people prefer hurling down here. Shocking.

Maybe a congrats to Tipp wouldn't go astray rather than constant posts belittling your footballers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

Knockout championship much more enjoyable. GAA and commercial entities will never go for it but the number of meaningless games the last few years is a real turnoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

O'Shea mentions Kerry again... and again... -

• Registered Users Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

I thought it was 4 o'clock :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

I think Tomas is upset about something.

Advertisement