Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Thompson a bog miss for Donegal, still can't see past them though.

Donegal by 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Did ya have to bring that up - has very painful memories

Sorry. It still winds me up as well. 11 years on and I still fume over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

I can't wait to watch that game back - O'Riordan's fielding - Sweeney and Quinvilan's points - Casey and Kiely bombing forward - Tigerish Fox - Smart defending. Just outsmarted and outplayed Cork. No fluke goals. Tremendous football.

Put Marty on mute - Put O'Rourke on mute - Put O'Shea on mute. be grand.

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Come on Cavan.
    Nothing to lose.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hardly going to be back yo back shocks, Donegal won't be found wanting today I think,

• Advertisement

I’m going to turn down the sound so I won’t have to listen to this drivel from the two O’s.

I think I'll watch this on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

C__MC wrote: »
    Mayo really do have such a huge opportunity to win it this year

No they don't, they're forwards aren't good enough, wouldn't be surprised if Tipp beat them and they won't beat Dublin or Donegal in the final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Come on Cavan.
    Nothing to lose.

I think I saw somewhere earlier if Cavan win, it will be the same semi final pairings as 1920. I could be wrong as I cant find it now but I spose as we have seen, anything is possible this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭Finty Lemon

dobman88 wrote: »
    And who is to say Tipp wouldnt have beaten Kerry today? Talking about Kerry is massively disrespectful to what Tipp have achieved today and disrespectful to cork after deservedly knocking them out. Kerry wont be kicking themselves cos their season has been over for weeks.

Tipp win the title for 1st time in 85 years and OSe makes it about Kerry. Time to bench this fella

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

Tipp win the title for 1st time in 85 years and OSe makes it about Kerry. Time to bench this fella

Yeah that was cringeworthy to listen to. I'm seeing the same all over social media and from some on here. No credit for Tipp. Massively deserved win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,229 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

O Se talking sense there about Donegal being the most likely to beat Dublin.

Let them get to there first, and in the last two years they have s**t the bed at this point.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Sorry. It still winds me up as well. 11 years on and I still fume over it.

I spent hours watching Kennelly playing Aussie Rules as the Swans were my team, hurts even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Who is commentating?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Flattering? You're just having a needless swipe at Dublin instead of just being happy for O'Riordan.

You weren't much if a football man last night...

No one's stopping you having opinions but whining about Dublin today is just pathetic. Did you not watch that performance from Tipperary?

What qualifies me as a football man, and why was I lacking in it last night? Was it because I wasn't effusive in praise of another Dublin cakewalk?

And I think my posts from earlier shows I was watching the Tipp game. Or does your klaxon only go off when Dublin is mentioned?

You should take a chill pill and worry less about what anyone is posting about your beloved Dubs online.

Anyway, I am hoping the Ulster final is in keeping with Cavan's last two games. And in fairness, Ulster football in general has become a lot more attacking in recent years. Lazy analysis to say otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

C__MC wrote: »
    Mayo really do have such a huge opportunity to win it this year

Did you watch Dublin last night?They look practically unbeatable it pains me to say it.

Donegal if they beat Cavan,are the most likely team to defeat Dublin.Be that improbable.

We are a team in transition and will likely have our hands very full with Tipp.

Really liking the BBC coverage lately with McConville on it, and Harte is a great addition.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

McConville and Canavan on analysis - sold!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,883 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dobman88 wrote: »
    I think I saw somewhere earlier if Cavan win, it will be the same semi final pairings as 1920. I could be wrong as I cant find it now but I spose as we have seen, anything is possible this year

That is indeed the case.

Today is also the anniversary of the death of Cavan’s most famous GAA son, the Gallant John Joe O’Reilly, captain in their 47 and 48 wins.

Another incentive to get them going.

siblers wrote: »
    Who is commentating?

Harte, Canavan and McConville as pundits.

Marty Clarke on co-commentary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Barlett

Girly Gal wrote: »
    No they don't, they're forwards aren't good enough, wouldn't be surprised if Tipp beat them and they won't beat Dublin or Donegal in the final anyway.

Donegal have lost their last three championship games with Mayo including last year, considering the year that's been I wouldn't be so definitive about anything. Besides Dublin winning the AI, can't see beyond them.

• Advertisement

Really liking the BBC coverage lately with McConville on it, and Harte is a great addition.

Like most Ulstermen, they breathe football so less likely to fall into cliché.

Like most Ulstermen, they breathe football so less likely to fall into cliché.

Some difference to O’Rourkes badly delivered ‘jokes’.

What qualifies me as a football man, and why was I lacking in it last night? Was it because I wasn't effusive in praise of another Dublin cakewalk?

And I think my posts from earlier shows I was watching the Tipp game. Or does your klaxon only go off when Dublin is mentioned?

You should take a chill pill and worry less about what anyone is posting about your beloved Dubs online.

Anyway, I am hoping the Ulster final is in keeping with Cavan's last two games. And in fairness, Ulster football in general has become a lot more attacking in recent years. Lazy analysis to say otherwise.

Zzzzzzzz

I'm one of the biggest defenders of Ulster on here. See above.

Just watch the game and enjoy the big ball.

Have to agree on that last point. There’s been some great Ulster games in the last few years.

I spent hours watching Kennelly playing Aussie Rules as the Swans were my team, hurts even more.

I'm a Carlton man.

And I used to live in South Melbourne from where they came from, needless to say I'm not a Swans fan.

Donegal 1/14, Cavan 17/2

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Donegal 1/14, Cavan 17/2

Ouch, that's some odds!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,383 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A very entertaining first 6 minutes, Cavan look good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,757 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I think he's just in shock in fairness, people tend to say stupid stuff when they're shocked

I think Tomás O'Sé is right to be annoyed as a proud Kerryman. Kerry really blew it playing within themselves and got caught v Cork. Awful when you consider the quality of forwards Kerry have. Tipp win full of heart, fight and intelligence against same side. Really puts Kerry's efforts in contrast.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great start by Cavan, a goal up.

Advertisement