Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Barlett wrote: »
    Donegal have lost their last three championship games with Mayo including last year, considering the year that's been I wouldn't be so definitive about anything. Besides Dublin winning the AI, can't see beyond them.

So if you can't see past Dublin that means you can't see Mayo winning, which is what I was saying. Looks like Donegal have a job on here to beat Cavan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,753 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Aye great start by Cavan!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Inquitus wrote: »
    Ouch, that's some odds!

Changed now

Donegal 1/5, Cavan 9/2

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Great start by Cavan, a goal up.

Ffs, thought I'd missed something when I read this :pac: no goal scored for those not watching, up by 3 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Great start from Cavan.

Why is there a TV on the sideline? ( Just past the 50 on half Cavan are attacking)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Black card could be crucial here

Edit: That was harsh! Donegal player's reaction made up the referees mind there

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Great start from Cavan.

Why is there a TV on the sideline? ( Just past the 50 on half Cavan are attacking)

Either var coming in, it's their hawkeye screen, or theres a leeds fan not wanting to miss that game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Donegal need the advantage of the black card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭snowgal

Great start from Cavan.

Just wondering the exact same thing!! Strange. Cavan very lively in the first quarter anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Crazy and needless black card

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Level after 15, black card for Cavan a bit harsh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Super win for Tipp. Come on cavan! All counties in Leinster looking on very jealous at the other 2 provinces. What I'd do as a meath fan to play in one of them every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Floodgates going to open
    Cavan struggling physically

dobman88 wrote: »
    What? Where in Meath is he from? I know hes not from Ballymun even though he plays for them but didnt think he was a Meath man.

Edit, his Wikipedia says Garristown. That's in Dublin, though close to the border near Ashbourne.

He's born and bred in Ashbourne. Always played with Ballymun though, you can declare for a diffrent club.

That was the point of the comment I was responding to, Dublin has grown into Kildare and Meath and a lot of those families consider themselves Dubs. It's not an argument, it just is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

He's born and bred in Ashbourne. Always played with Ballymun though, you can declare for a diffrent club.

That was the point of the comment I was responding to, Dublin has grown into Kildare and Meath and a lot of those families consider themselves Dubs. It's not an argument, it just is.

Yeah I figured you meant that. Hes not from Ashbourne though. It's just the nearest town to him. Hes from Garristown, in Dublin. On the border but it's in Dublin. It's not an argument, it just is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

Ooof. Went in with the elbow there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,880 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

From the other angle, he certainly felt that!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,234 ✭✭✭✭km79

Red ?

dobman88 wrote: »
    Yeah I figured you meant that. Hes not from Ashbourne though. It's just the nearest town to him. Hes from Garristown, in Dublin. On the border but it's in Dublin. It's not an argument, it just is.

Well, that's what wiki says....

That was dirty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Red all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭PressRun

C__MC wrote: »
    That was dirty

It was. And just the free given.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭threeball

PressRun wrote: »

Added to the black that never was the ref isn't doing Cavan any favours.

When the referee sees the blood how is that not a red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

C__MC wrote: »
    That was dirty

Didn't see replay, was it not accidental?

PressRun wrote: »

Not sure the ref saw it. Free might have been given for the arm over the shoulder.

I didnt see it until the other angle replay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

I thought they had said if you connect with the head it’s a red card.

Or is that just in hurling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

threeball wrote: »
    Added to the black that never was the ref isn't doing Cavan any favours.

Also a Cavan player pulled for steps when he was being fouled, Donegal went up & scored a point from the resulting free.

The ref is riding Cavan.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Referee absolutely killing Cavan, that was a red card all day filthy elbow and blood everywhere!

Now our best player Galligans out of commission :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,142 ✭✭✭threeball

Happy4all wrote: »
    Didn't see replay, was it not accidental?

Caught him with the elbow so accident or not he should be gone. The most worrying thing is the blood was coming from the opposite side to which he was hit. Was he bleeding from his ear?

Advertisement