Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Delighted for Cavan Donegal where ****e.

Jesus this championship has been crazy!

The worst thing for those of us who want to get rid of the provincials. But 2 cracking results today.

I think knock out has to be brought back though without question.

The worst thing for those of us who want to get rid of the provincials. But 2 cracking results today.

Big time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Rolo2010

Get rid of Leinster. Ulster is fine as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,932 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Big time.

Would a back door have changed today's winners ?

Match odds just for the Donegal v Cavan game below

Easiest £15 I've made, put on what was left in the PP account five mins into the game :D

A great way to invest e1.77 :)

Well done. Well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Dublin will hammer Cavan.

What has that got to do with todays game?:rolleyes:
    Great win for cavan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

After today, it wouldn't surprise me if Mayo finally won the All Ireland. I suspect Dublin will destroy who they meet but maybe just maybe....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

Hard to believe Cavan have won 39 Ulsters, that's a serious record for a small county

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

This year has been a fantastic throwback with the sudden death championship, has definitely put an extra bit of spark into underdog teams, meanwhile Kerry and now Cork and Donegal were spooked by the thought of being knocked out and the occasion seemed to get the better of them.

The Super 8s is a stupid money grabbing farce and contributes nothing extra only to create dead rubber fixtures in August which should never be the case.

Donegal were 1/14 on to win when I got Cavan
    at 17/2 five mins into the game

:pac: Canning's utterance was still wrong on so many levels :D

Congrats on your "windfall" - never in doubt :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭C__MC

Hard to believe Cavan have won 39 Ulsters, that's a serious record for a small county

Cavan is a huge county area wise
    Fine record all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭dobman88

breezy1985 wrote: »

I think so, yes. As players know they have another day to go. But with knock out teams have to go for it. Same reason cork beat Kerry, they went for it at the end instead of just sitting in and maybe Kerry felt the pressure of knock out football.

I've been saying it for weeks at this stage. Scrap the back door and super 8s, get knock out back. Wishful thinking I'd say unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭Robson99

After today, it wouldn't surprise me if Mayo finally won the All Ireland. I suspect Dublin will destroy who they meet but maybe just maybe....

They will do well to beat Tipp.
    Such a shame that the full panel of players are unable to attend the games. Pure nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,969 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Both Cork and Donegal under estimated their opposition.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Tipperary will seriously fancy a cut off Mayo and they'll have absolutely nothing to lose. Some serious talent on that team as well. There wasn't much in it in 2018 or 2016, late goals for Mayo killed the tie on both occasions.

Unfortunately a Dublin Tipperary final were it to happen would be a complete non event.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,881 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

yop wrote: »
    Id say Dublin are p00ssing themselves watching this. Dongeal V Dublin will be the AI winner.

Kerry must be behind the couch watching Cork.

I said “ watch this space” Yop.

Cavan didn’t lie down. There’s something about those young lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DVDM93 wrote: »
    1920 Provincial Champions;

Cavan
    Dublin
    Mayo
    Tipperary

533783.jpg

Some emotion after these games today m amazing to see. Hon the Breffni!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,755 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

dobman88 wrote: »
    I think so, yes. As players know they have another day to go. But with knock out teams have to go for it. Same reason cork beat Kerry, they went for it at the end instead of just sitting in and maybe Kerry felt the pressure of knock out football.

I've been saying it for weeks at this stage. Scrap the back door and super 8s, get knock out back. Wishful thinking I'd say unfortunately

I dunno might open a few eyes and cause a restructure of things.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

Never seen so many tears in interviews as i did today..Colin O Riordan, Micky Graham and Cavan goalkeeper all showing incredible emotion. It's just been a remarkable day. A day never to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,323 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Credit to Mickey Graham too. Has made a habit of defying the odds over the last few years. Unlikely Leinster title with Mullinaghta and now upsetting the apple-cart today.

Shrewd manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,289 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If you had predicted the 4 provincial winners last year, the odds must have been 100/1 if not 200/1.

breezy1985 wrote: »

Yeah I think it could well have, because you know in the back of your mind you don’t really need to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,755 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I will say it once for the craic Cavan v Tipp final?

Everyone will be glued to Mayo v Tipp now.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Make that 40.

Jaysus those interviews on BBC. Class.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

sligeach wrote: »
    If you had predicted the 4 provincial winners last year, the odds must have been 100/1 if not 200/1.

I know it wasn't going to be Mayo, Cavan or Tipp.

1948 AI final repeat again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Jesus Galligan really was through the wars wasn't he!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

To hell with Nphet, the government should end the Lockdown in Tipp and Cavan with immediate effect :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,289 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Jaysus, this Cavan Man of the Match has been through the wars.

• Advertisement

Young Galligan is bruised and battered but still smiling. Great young lad.

Advertisement