Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 All Ireland Senior Football Championship MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Rolo2010 wrote: »
    Except for the traffic on Northern Irish roads.

Not an issue coming in from Dublin on those quality Mexican roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,206 ✭✭✭✭km79

Hawkeye. Floodlights. Perfect playing surface . Not exposed to the elements . Semi finals have to be played there . And I am sure all the players want them to be played there too. Sure couldn’t the same argument be made for the final as there will be no supporters 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

It’s just an excuse to snipe at Dublin . The Super 8 argument was valid. This is just silly
    Semis in croke Park end of story

• Registered Users Posts: 18,561 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

hurler32 wrote: »
    Oisin McConville made a very good point saying why can’t Dublin v Cavan be played in a neutral ground ?
    There’s no crowds so what other other reason would prevent it been played in a neutral venue ??
    dunnerc wrote: »
    Yes indeed play it at a neutral venue

Technically CP is a neutral venue Dublin rarely gets to play at home in Parnell Park. But plays in CP for the benefit of supporters demand and GAA finances.

In the case of no fans though how could any venue be described as an advantage?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

km79 wrote: »
    Hawkeye. Floodlights. Perfect playing surface . Not exposed to the elements . Semi finals have to be played there . And I am sure all the players want them to be played there too. Sure couldn’t the same argument be made for the final as there will be no supporters 🀷ðŸ»*♂️

It’s just an excuse to snipe at Dublin . The Super 8 argument was valid. This is just silly
    Semis in croke Park end of story

Tbf I'm sure it's much easier to set up from a media point of view too. Multiple cameras to give us appropriate angles on everything.

As great as this Dublin team is, and I appreciate their ability. It's a real shame they wouldn't **** off so we can enjoy what's left of the Championship !

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭The_Dave

The same 4 counties in the semis as in 1920

• Advertisement

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In one way it's a little sad that today was the highlight of the championship. Not much drama now in Dublin getting the 6 in a row.

Jesus the misery-guts are out in force.

Tipperary win their first Munster in 85 years and Cavan their first in 23 and all you can do is moan about Dublin. Not to mention the fact that others are rehashing the "Dublin in a neutral venue trope".

The championship isn't boring, the commentary surrounding it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

dunnerc wrote: »
    Yes indeed play it at a neutral venue

Its actually a very good idea .
    There are no capacity issues, no corporate/premium level ticket holders so it could be played at a neutral venue.
    There aren't many really good pitches in the midlands though, Thurles would probably be the most suitable but its a bit far.
    The smaller pitch would suit Cavan .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Tipperary win their first Munster in 85 years and Cavan their first in 23 and all you can do is moan about Dublin. Not to mention the fact that others are rehashing the "Dublin in a neutral venue trope".

The magic of the latter stages of the championship is gone Bonnie. Let's hope the juggernaut is derailed sometime this decade so the rest of us can dream again.

The magic of the latter stages of the championship is gone Bonnie. Let's hope the juggernaut is derailed sometime this decade so the rest of us can dream again.

Is there any joy out there at all?

Is there any joy out there at all?

I’m a Mayo dreamer . I’m happy for now :D

• Advertisement

Its actually a very good idea .
    There are no capacity issues, no corporate/premium level ticket holders so it could be played at a neutral venue.
    There aren't many really good pitches in the midlands though, Thurles would probably be the most suitable but its a bit far.
    The smaller pitch would suit Cavan .

Why are we looking for a pitch to suit one of the semi finalists ?
    The semis are played in Croke Park . End of story .
    Unless it’s a replay involving Kerry in which case it will be played at a Munster venue

• Registered Users Posts: 14,697 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The only reason its played at Croke Park is money.

That's a pretty good reason. Do you want less money for the grassroots?

I'd also say its media facilities and travel reasons. It might shock you, that Dublin is a lot easier to get to from almost all parts of the country on foot of it being the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Donegal caught rapid with their eye on the next game. Well done Cavan and Tipp!

Unless it’s a replay involving Kerry in which case it will be played at a Munster venue

So am I. Anyway, let's not let Kerry haunt this great championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Not well up on the history of the GAA are you?

Donegal caught rapid with their eye on the next game. Well done Cavan and Tipp!

You poor Monaghanians

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

If I'm a Tipp or Cavan player, I'm wanting the semi final in Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 68,538 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You poor Monaghanians

Naw. Cavan played what was in front of them every day. Worked for them and well done. No complaints here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

The provincial championships so far have all been very exciting, bar Leinster obviously. Pity that same excitement won't be replicated for Dublin's record breaking six in a row is all I'm saying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭munster87

I strongly doubt that you are either!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So for the third year in a row.
    Donegal are one win away from an All Ireland Semi Final.

And they are favorite.

And they blow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Rubbish , get Dublin out of Croke Park

• Registered Users Posts: 18,561 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

JeffKenna wrote: »
    In one way it's a little sad that today was the highlight of the championship. Not much drama now in Dublin getting the 6 in a row.

I suppose you felt the same way when KK won three in a row walloping Waterford in the hurling final in 2008?

Or was your real excitement in sport when Jeff Kenna and Birmingham won the division 1 play offs in 2002 in the English second tier?

Still dining out on that I'd say....

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

munster87 wrote: »
    I strongly doubt that you are either!

And you'd be right, but name an intercounty player who doesn't want to play in Croke Park? (Still annoyed at the time I was on the pitch and didn't take the chance to kick the ball over the bar)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭LuasSimon

Your not a turkey by any chance looking forward to Christmas??

And you'd be right, but name an intercounty player who doesn't want to play in Croke Park? (Still annoyed at the time I was on the pitch and didn't take the chance to kick the ball over the bar)

It's not been a good day of memories for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

For the first time in history we've a winter championship and people are baying for semi finals in December to be played in a bog in Tullamore or Portlaoise when we have one of the finest sporting facilities in Europe with a state of the art pitch that's proven time and again that no matter the weather it is absolutely immaculate. All driven by a ridiculous anti Dublin agenda when there won't even be fans at games.

It would also be grossly unfair to take away the opportunity of playing in Croke Park from Cavan and Tipperary. Two teams that aren't exactly frequent visitors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,548 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I suppose you felt the same way when KK won three in a row walloping Waterford in the hurling final in 2008?

Or was your real excitement in sport when Jeff Kenna and Birmingham won the division 1 play offs in 2002 in the English second tier?

Still dining out on that I'd say....

Ah no, Jeff Kenna winning a premier League medal is the highlight I'd say.

Advertisement