Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is dr Glynn gone to

Options
  • 31-10-2020 4:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Anyone any ideas. Last I seen of him he was answering questions on some kids news channels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Clon63

Funny you should post that as was wondering what had happened.

If you read the RTE News report on Covid figures today it quotes Dr Tony Holohan as CMO and further down quotes a Dr Desmond Hickey as Deputy CMO which surely was Dr Ronan Glynn's job before he was Acting CMO.

Always liked Ronan Glynn and seemed the whole tone changed when Dr Hologan came back to take charge.

Seemed almost like OK son., Daddy's back go off and play with your toys. Maybe I am totalky wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

We'd all take Glynn back in a heartbeat over that dictator Holohan...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Clon63 wrote: »

If you read the RTE News report on Covid figures today it quotes Dr Tony Holohan as CMO and further down quotes a Dr Desmond Hickey as Deputy CMO which surely was Dr Ronan Glynn's job before he was Acting CMO.

Always liked Ronan Glynn and seemed the whole tone changed when Dr Hologan came back to take charge.

Seemed almost like OK son., Daddy's back go off and play with your toys. Maybe I am totalky wrong though.
    There are a number of Deputy CMOs and there are other public health issues apart from COVID.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,080 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

We'd all take Glynn back in a heartbeat over that dictator Holohan...

Who is this this "we"

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Hes probably getting some annual leave as hasnt had any since march.

Like alot of health care workers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭davetherave

Clon63 wrote: »

There are a number of deputy CMO's.

https://whodoeswhat.gov.ie/branch/health/CMODiv/dr-tony-holohan/1828/

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Wesser wrote: »
    Hes probably getting some annual leave as hasnt had any since march.

Like alot of health care workers

I read on Twitter by one of the journalists that Glynn has barely had a day off since January so he had taken some leave. Too right, in my opinion. He has a young family and so should be given the chance to spend time with them. If he has barely had a day off since January, then I’d be surprised if he’s back this side of Christmas.

Also, there are a few Deputy CMOs, Glynns brief is the most extensive when it comes to COVID. For example, Dr Heather Burns brief is (I think) related to public health in schools and other educational settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

Progressive leftists apparently.

Or paranoid righties

Advertisement