Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Green&Red wrote: »
    My plan at the start of the year was to go upside chasing.
    Sterling has been rank this season so far so I might use his spot to do that for a while.

So who is the best mid for this week? Money no issue. Have Salah and Son.

Considering Auba or Ziyech

Remember only considering this week really, could potentially C whoever I bring in although Son will probably keep that

I like the Aubameyang punt vs a generous Villa defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Any thoughts on the best keeper this week for a 1 week punt? Plan to wildcard next week anyway.

Fabianski?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Trying to decide who the best WH defender to go for is. Cresswell the obvious choice, but I did notice that Masuaku has a better xA (and obviously is playing far more advanced) and the extra 0.6 could come in useful.

However, I'm wondering with Noble out of favour and Antonio out if there's a chance of Cresswell taking pens? He's got good striking technique, one of the longer/more experienced members of the team. My guess would be between him and Bowen, maybe Fornals or Rice.

If Cresswell had pens it would be enough for me to justify the extra, even if it's only for the next couple of games, as penalties are being dished out quite regularly at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Do you have Son and Kane? If not maybe Bale?

Have Son. Need it to be a mid as it’s Sterling that’s getting the road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Morzadec wrote: »
    Trying to decide who the best WH defender to go for is. Cresswell the obvious choice, but I did notice that Masuaku has a better xA (and obviously is playing far more advanced) and the extra 0.6 could come in useful.

However, I'm wondering with Noble out of favour and Antonio out if there's a chance of Cresswell taking pens? He's got good striking technique, one of the longer/more experienced members of the team. My guess would be between him and Bowen, maybe Fornals or Rice.

If Cresswell had pens it would be enough for me to justify the extra, even if it's only for the next couple of games, as penalties are being dished out quite regularly at the moment.

Soucek took a penalty post lockdown in the league. He missed but he could be given another chance.

• Advertisement

Any thoughts on the best keeper this week for a 1 week punt? Plan to wildcard next week anyway.

Fabianski?

Mendy

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I like the Aubameyang punt vs a generous Villa defence.

Would you C him or would that be wreckless with Son already there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

My plan at the start of the year was to go upside chasing.
    Sterling has been rank this season so far so I might use his spot to do that for a while.

So who is the best mid for this week? Money no issue. Have Salah and Son.

Considering Auba or Ziyech

Remember only considering this week really, could potentially C whoever I bring in although Son will probably keep that

You are on the right path.. has to be either Ziyech or Aubameyang.

I’d wait to Europe matches are then decide.

Personally I’d be going with Ziyech & sticking the armband on him over Son.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Take a hit to get rid of Dingsy or wait it out? Apparently the injury isn't serious but still unlikely to play on Friday.

Fabianski?

For this type of thing I’d always look for an away keeper that has a chance of a clean sheet as more likely to get bps. Well that’s how I’ve always viewed it.

Palace low shot count. Leeds looking to bounce back. Meslier likes to pass it around. Done.

Edit - I think Fulham have looked good offensively now for a while. Lloris would be my other choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Would you C him or would that be wreckless with Son already there?

Son is a safe pick vs West Brom. It depends if you want to take risks though. I have son too but I'm gonna captain De Bruyne this week as I expect him to destroy Liverpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Soucek took a penalty post lockdown in the league. He missed but he could be given another chance.

Did he? I owned him pretty much since lockdown began and don't remember that excitement and disappointment at all? Although that could be entirely down to my attention span :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Take a hit to get rid of Dingsy or wait it out? Apparently the injury isn't serious but still unlikely to play on Friday.

I am going to wait until I get more news on it, if he doesnt play Friday he might have to go

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Fabianski?

Burnley have failed to score in 4 of their 6 games, including their last 3 in a row. I'd go Lloris.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have Son. Need it to be a mid as it’s Sterling that’s getting the road

Yeah I meant a triple Spurs attack would be overkill. Bale is a mid. Although he isn't guaranteed a start, so maybe Auba/Ziyech as others have suggested would be more sensible.

I just thought WBA were absolutely woeful yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Fabianski?

Mendy?

Cheers for the feedback lads.

So I'm ruling out on Mendy because I've Chillwell.

So Lloris is looking a good option. Would give me 4 players in that game though as I have Mitro Son Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

So Lloris is looking a good option. Would give me 4 players in that game though as I have Mitro Son Kane

Unless you've 3 Chelsea already Shano, I'd go Mendy.

I just don't trust Spurs and they've kept 1 CS in 7. Even at home v Brighton and Newcastle.

Sheffield United have scored 3 goals in 7 games and Chelsea seem to be solid defensively.

I know it'd a double up but Mendy is by far the best choice this week as a 1 week GK 'punt'.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Does this mean your getting off the Johnstone train?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Does this mean your getting off the Johnstone train?

Never thought of that, what happened to LJFC? :eek:

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

LLJC will be back in GW8. I just have a transfer to use before I wilcard so might as well do a 1 week punt.

Might even just keep Johnstone on the bench for good luck and loyalty!

You guys are swaying me towards Mendy anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

whats LJFC?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    whats LJFC?

Loyal Johnstone Fan Club.

You're a founding member. Me you and Father H :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Loyal Johnstone Fan Club.

You're a founding member. Me you and Father H :pac:

I've been a silent member of this club all season too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Jota getting hard to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jota getting hard to ignore

Liverpool turning it on here alright.

Will it be a case of a load, bring jota in and he ends up getting benched next game?

Was tempted to punt Torres for a game but jesus is back,

Any transfers now this week will be to protect against price drops, with wildcard coming soon.

Will it be a case of a load, bring jota in and he ends up getting benched next game?

Was tempted to punt Torres for a game but jesus is back,

Any transfers now this week will be to protect against price drops, with wildcard coming soon.

City next game so I wouldn't be touching Jota personally.

City next game so I wouldn't be touching Jota personally.

O ya I'm not bringing him in just kinda musing, we have seen price rises after good champions league performances, just wondering could it go like that,

Or is he inline to take Bobby's place probably not the thread for the discussion or musing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Jota rocketing up to a price rise tonight.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Advertisement