Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Will it be a case of a load, bring jota in and he ends up getting benched next game?

Was tempted to punt Torres for a game but jesus is back,

Any transfers now this week will be to protect against price drops, with wildcard coming soon.

I can upgrade one of my 5mil Mids for Jota and I'll be doing it more than likely tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Jota getting hard to ignore

Ah, worth noting that Atalanta are a mad team. All out attack and typically concede loads. How often will Jota start or play 90mins too. If he was guaranteed mins I’d only consider him then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

O ya I'm not bringing him in just kinda musing, we have seen price rises after good champions league performances, just wondering could it go like that,

Or is he inline to take Bobby's place probably not the thread for the discussion or musing

Make it the place I'm not allowed in the other one :pac:

Make it the place I'm not allowed in the other one :pac:

Ha ha I didnt actually mean there, just meant maybe this was the wrong thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Choo-choo, just jumped on the Jota bandwagon. Realised I had the funds to do Podence to Jota, and so here we are.

Defence is still hanging in there, so have to hope Lamptey pulls through or I might have to take a hit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Who are we all replacing TAA with?

Looking at wolves assets basically and it's very tempting to do kilman? Would leave 4mill in the bank, and I could upgrade, a mid like zaha to a sterling or KDB. Or I could take Wilson up to vardy or jesus.

Short term tho, it's TAA out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,254 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Who are we all replacing TAA with?

Looking at wolves assets basically and it's very tempting to do kilman? Would leave 4mill in the bank, and I could upgrade, a mid like zaha to a sterling or KDB. Or I could take Wilson up to vardy or jesus.

Short term tho, it's TAA out.

I have Robertson so similar, looking at Chilwell in.

Sold TAA and Robertson for KWP and Masuaku.

Have 7.1m itb.

Edit - no interest in owning any defender over 4.5m but I’m unfortunately 7 weeks too late to that conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I also sold TAA for Chillwell

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Sold TAA and Robertson for KWP and Masuaku.

Have 7.1m itb.

Edit - no interest in owning any defender over 4.5m but I’m unfortunately 7 weeks too late to that conclusion.
    I also sold TAA for Chillwell

HAHA we all jumping off at the same stop - no doubt they'll get CS and a double digit returns each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

I've been a silent member of this club all season too :)

As have I

Ace2007 wrote: »
    HAHA we all jumping off at the same stop - no doubt they'll get CS and a double digit returns each.

Suppose as a fan I’ll be happy if it happens but I don’t fancy many clean sheets in the next 6-7 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

The search for an Ings replacement begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bit of an issue with my team now with all the injuries.

Really hope Rodrigeuz and Lamptey are fine for the weekend.

Anyway ive Ings to change for certain and maybe others but ive only one transfer and 0.1 in the bank.

Was thinking either Wilson or Bamford and then have money to upgrade Pereira to either Grealish or Ziyech.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Is it worth hanging on to Ings if you've had him from the start, to avoid losing out on the price increases?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I have Robertson so similar, looking at Chilwell in.

I have chilwell. Likely take a 4.5m defender with wolves or west ham if I can find one

Just did Ings and Zaha out for Vardy and Jota for a -4 hit...

Tusky wrote: »
    Just did Ings and Zaha out for Vardy and Jota for a -4 hit...

Is Jota gonna play enough? Tempted by him meself but I have enough players who might not play.

I think Jota is a huge gamble. Klopp is very loyal. Can’t see Firminho dropped immediately. Tho Jota will feature at the weekend at some point I’d imagine god knows how long he’ll play

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Klopp is very loyal

What is that statement based on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is it worth hanging on to Ings if you've had him from the start, to avoid losing out on the price increases?

He's going to be missing between 4 and 7 games, not just 1.

What is that statement based on?

Firmino has been off form for quite a while and Klopp has stuck with him. He does have a soft sport for him. However, Liverpool haven't had great options in that department to rotate until now. I don't think Klopp can leave Jota out of the team now - he has scored 7 goals in his first 10 games (six starts).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭Did you smash it

Firmino has been off form for quite a while and Klopp has stuck with him. He does have a soft sport for him. However, Liverpool haven't had great options in that department to rotate until now. I don't think Klopp can leave Jota out of the team now - he has scored 7 goals in his first 10 games (six starts).

Firmino has been off form since about January while the team was flying. jota was brought in at the first transfer window available.

I don’t really see any evidence to suggest Klopp has loyalty to off form players to be honest, nor should he.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Ings out to Wilson.

Is a -4 to change Dunne into Cresswell worth it? Gives me a playing defender with good fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

Hi folks

I'm toying with the idea of playing my wildcard this week - see attached my squad. I only have one free transfer this gameweek. I haven't used any of the other 3 chips yet. I had a comfortable lead in a few mini leagues, but the lead has reduced significantly in recent weeks and is one of the reasons I'm considering playing my wildcard. My scores have generally been above average each week, but my competitors have scored a lot higher in recent weeks.

What are people's thoughts? Is it a bit early to play the wildcard? Should my squad be in a worse state before considering playing the wildcard?

Thanks a mill!

PGL wrote: »
    Hi folks

I'm toying with the idea of playing my wildcard this week - see attached my squad. I only have one free transfer this gameweek. I haven't used any of the other 3 chips yet. I had a comfortable lead in a few mini leagues, but the lead has reduced significantly in recent weeks and is one of the reasons I'm considering playing my wildcard. My scores have generally been above average each week, but my competitors have scored a lot higher in recent weeks.

What are people's thoughts? Is it a bit early to play the wildcard? Should my squad be in a worse state before considering playing the wildcard?

Thanks a mill!

What would your WC team look like? Theirs an international window soon which maybe a more preferable time too play it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Brian201888

International break after these games so covid/injury could come into play. If I had my wildcard I'd hold one more week and power through this week

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭PGL

thanks guys. I'll try to hold on for one more week so and play one free transfer. i haven't even thought about a WC squad yet....

forgot to mention my total score to date is 424 points

Ings out Wilson in.

Could do with moving Pereira on as he's gonna drop in value but trying not to lose points over transfers made this season. My paid league is fairly tight any little mistake costs you!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Not a hope Jota starts at the weekend away to City. Firmino will do the donkey work for 60/70 mins then Jota will come on. I'm holding off for another week, price rises or not.

2 free transfers but no idea what to do. Will Hamez play?

Might transfer out Martinez for similar priced keeper. He's useless when it comes to saves.

Advertisement