Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Lundstram wrote: »
    Might transfer out Martinez for similar priced keeper. He's useless when it comes to saves.

You're holding far too much weight to his last game. Look at GWs 4 to 6. He made 17 saves in those gameweeks combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Did Potter say anything about Matt Ryan in his press conference?

Did Potter say anything about Matt Ryan in his press conference?

All I see online is:
    Asked about the reaction from Ryan and Maupay this week in training, Potter said: "Really positive, really good. Two experienced players, important players, players who want to play."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

With Havertz and Pulisic out I wouldn’t be investing in Ziyech just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Green&Red wrote: »

What? All the more reason too.

-8 I’m thinking of now Werner is on pens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Assuming TAA will drop so I'm after going for semedo from wolves. 3 mill in the bank and will upgrade klich to Ziyech next week maybe. Well laid plans and all that.

Green&Red wrote: »

Pulisic is not confirmed out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

0.1 away from Ings to Werner, will have to consider a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Masuaku or coufal? Who's the better pick?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    What? All the more reason too.

-8 I’m thinking of now Werner is on pens

Penalties aren't as plentiful with the change of rules/inteperation of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

steve_r wrote: »
    Ings out to Wilson.

Is a -4 to change Dunne into Cresswell worth it? Gives me a playing defender with good fixtures.

The hit presumably skews your defensive budget.
    I'd transfer out one of your usual starters if your bullish on WHU and Coufal/Masuaku could do instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

ElTel wrote: »
    The hit presumably skews your defensive budget.
    I'd transfer out one of your usual starters if your bullish on WHU and Coufal/Masuaku could do instead.

So the rest of my defence is TAA, Kwp,chilwell and Mitchell.

With Mitchell being flagged and potentially having lost his place I would like to have 4 defenders who are likely to play so I think increasing the budget is worth it. I think cresswells attacking returns make him worth the extra amount.

I don’t like taking hits though so I’m wondering if I hold off on the move for another week though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Just start kwp , taa and Mitchell. I cannot see cresswell making back those 4 points. Cannot understand the eagerness to take hit. 4 points is so hard earned in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So the rest of my defence is TAA, Kwp,chilwell and Mitchell.

With Mitchell being flagged and potentially having lost his place I would like to have 4 defenders who are likely to play so I think increasing the budget is worth it. I think cresswells attacking returns make him worth the extra amount.

I don’t like taking hits though so I’m wondering if I hold off on the move for another week though

Yeah, see the dilemma alright. You'd be tempted to bench TAA this week.
    Clean sheets are very unpredictable. I'd avoid the hit. See how things are after IB.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Was gonna wait a week to do Havertz to Ziyech but I guess this news that he has covid makes me down it a week earlier for a -4

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Did anyone watch the game and was Werner involved, all well and good that he's on penalties but since the change in interpretation of what is and isn't a penalty, how many have Chelsea got?

He played the full 90, 50 of those were against 10 men, and didn't score from open play would be a bit concerning.

If you could get any striker and money no obstacle (and you have Kane) - would you pick Vardy or Werner, Jesus be a bit of a gamble?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking at the 2 options below, just have enough for either. Would love to do both
    Jiminez to Werner
    Mitrovic to Watkins(have Grealish already)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Looking at the 2 options below, just have enough for either. Would love to do both
    Jiminez to Werner

Double villa is a trap I feel. Jimi hasn’t been on form and Werner now has penos so I’d go option 1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭macraignil

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Did anyone watch the game and was Werner involved, all well and good that he's on penalties but since the change in interpretation of what is and isn't a penalty, how many have Chelsea got?

He played the full 90, 50 of those were against 10 men, and didn't score from open play would be a bit concerning.

If you could get any striker and money no obstacle (and you have Kane) - would you pick Vardy or Werner, Jesus be a bit of a gamble?

Watched the Chelsea game alright and Werner was involved but all over the pitch rather than mostly in front of the goal like a Vardy or a Calvert-Lewin. Abraham and then Giroud seemed to play that role as the middle striker and Werner was in midfield and out wide for most of the game.

Given that choice of striker I would probably choose Vardy as he is an in front of goal most of the game type of striker and is on penalties but with my luck this season he would stop scoring as soon as I'd sign him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Jesus or Werner?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

but1er wrote: »
    Jesus or Werner?

Werner will start.
    With Jesus there’s questions over, his injury, and Pep and where his fitness is at, and Pep, and Torres has looked sharp, and Pep. So lots to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Werner will start.
    With Jesus there’s questions over, his injury, and Pep and where his fitness is at, and Pep, and Torres has looked sharp, and Pep. So lots to consider.

I hate man City. Just pick an 11and stop maken my life miserable.

Werner will start.

Werner was due to be rested last weekend, but had to come in for Pulisic and played 90 mins and played 90 last night, I'm not saying he will definitely be rotated but as an owner it wouldnt shock me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Werner was due to be rested last weekend, but had to come in for Pulisic and played 90 mins and played 90 last night, I'm not saying he will definitely be rotated but as an owner it wouldnt shock me

With the international break, maybe Frank might let him do one more.

Ah ya possibly, like I've no idea if he will leave him out, but its certainly something people should consider if making the transfer

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Jesus or Werner?

I'm probably doing both

Werner this week, Jesus after the IB (Pending Aguero news)

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Would the international break not be a reason for Lampard to ensure he gets a rest in the game that's under his control, seeing as Germany might just play him all the time?

Jiminez to Werner

Wouldn’t double up on Villa, it’s a trap. You have the right one

Ings out to Wilson.

Is a -4 to change Dunne into Cresswell worth it? Gives me a playing defender with good fixtures.

So you’re thinking of a hit to bring in a West Ham defender
    Just think about that statement in your head

a hit to bring in a West Ham defender

Say each of the words individually in your head

a
    hit
    To
    bring
    in
    A
    West
    Ham
    defender

Now say the sentence out loud but imagine you’re outside your body listening to yourself say it

a hit to bring in a West Ham defender

Even if I had Aurier and was guaranteed he’d get a red in the first minute I’m still not sure I’d take a hit to bring in a West Ham defender

• Advertisement

Jesus or Werner?

I’d wait two weeks for Jesus, they have Liverpool and Spurs, he’s not up to full fitness

Advertisement