Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Masuaku or coufal? Who's the better pick?

I went Coufal last week. Looks like he can get the BPS although seems to be a card man

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Green&Red wrote: »
    So you’re thinking of a hit to bring in a West Ham defender
    Just think about that statement in your head

a hit to bring in a West Ham defender

Say each of the words individually in your head

a
    hit
    To
    bring
    in
    A
    West
    Ham
    defender

Now say the sentence out loud but imagine you’re outside your body listening to yourself say it

a hit to bring in a West Ham defender

Even if I had Aurier and was guaranteed he’d get a red in the first minute I’m still not sure I’d take a hit to bring in a West Ham defender
    TBF he said it was to get a playing defender so if he's short numbers to get to 11 then it makes sense. All their defenders have got attacking returns this season, they're 8th best defensive record after already playing City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves. They're certainly on my watchlist.

I'm going to wait for this week tho, I suspect that playing 5 at the back in the run above is easier than at home to Fulham, so I want to see if Moyes decides he needs to be more attacking now and sacrifice one of his CB's

Shedite27 wrote: »
    TBF he said it was to get a playing defender so if he's short numbers to get to 11 then it makes sense. All their defenders have got attacking returns this season, they're 8th best defensive record after already playing City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves. They're certainly on my watchlist.

I'm going to wait for this week tho, I suspect that playing 5 at the back in the run above is easier than at home to Fulham, so I want to see if Moyes decides he needs to be more attacking now and sacrifice one of his CB's

It’s more the hit, it’s not just West Ham, any defender under 6m isn’t worth a hit or anyone outside Liverpool or City IMO. CSs are too hard to guess which is what you need to make it work

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

The Havertz Covid news has forced my hand ...I was underwhelmed by him to say the least (had him for last 2 game weeks)

Have 2 FT and after playing conservatively all season and getting nowhere I'm not averse to taking a hit.

Have the funds for:

Saiss to Coufal
    Havertz to KDB
    Jiminez to Adams.

Alternatively I could keep Havertz and Jimi, and just do Saiss to Chilwell (and hope that two from Taylor, Lamptey and Mitchell start)

Cartman78 wrote: »
    The Havertz Covid news has forced my hand ...I was underwhelmed by him to say the least (had him for last 2 game weeks)

Have 2 FT and after playing conservatively all season and getting nowhere I'm not averse to taking a hit.

Have the funds for:

Saiss to Coufal
    Havertz to KDB
    Jiminez to Adams.

Alternatively I could keep Havertz and Jimi, and just do Saiss to Chilwell (and hope that two from Taylor, Lamptey and Mitchell start)

Havertz is a lot of money to hold on to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Green&Red wrote: »
    Havertz is a lot of money to hold on to

Yep...I was thinking of selling him anyway tbh...instant buyers regret.

Going without Chelsea defence is risky but getting on KDB early could be a good counterbalance I reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Ah ya possibly, like I've no idea if he will leave him out, but its certainly something people should consider if making the transfer

now you have me think Tammy and captain him. everyone going Kane or Son this week. Massive gamble but could be a massive reward

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

but1er wrote: »
    now you have me think Tammy and captain him. everyone going Kane or Son this week. Massive gamble but could be a massive reward

Yeah, don't do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

but1er wrote: »

Why would you need to take such a massive risk already?

Anyway - I really hope Hamez doesn't play as it's giving me a headache into who I start between

Wilson / Mitrovic /Soucek

Need to start 2. At the minute Soucek is on bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

COH wrote: »
    Yeah, don't do that.

trying to be patience and dont do anything silly is my issue

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Ings > DCL. Done.

I think DCL is cheap, has really upped his game under Ancelotti and has really gone under the radar.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Just went deep in a Brighton forum for some Matt Ryan news. The news is to flip a coin nobody has a rashers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Just went deep in a Brighton forum for some Matt Ryan news. The news is to flip a coin nobody has a rashers

Anything on Maupay?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I’m actually lost on what to do!

scotchy wrote: »
    Anything on Maupay?

People seem to be under the impression was Maupay dropped for some sort of disciplinary reasons. He has now served his sentence and is available for selection. Potter said there was an 'incident' but he's back training and available for selection.

Rumour on this forum was that the indiscretion may have involved Connolly & Ryan also.. take from that what you will!

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m actually lost on what to do!

Gone from Chilwell & Ziyech for TAA & Podence all week to

Chilwell & Bowen. -4

I’m not sure how Chelsea are going to line up & not sure whether -8 ( Jimi to Werner) is worth it!

I can see West Ham & Chelsea both winning the weekend while

Trent & Wolves attackers don’t do much

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

Gone from Chilwell & Ziyech for TAA & Podence all week to

Chilwell & Bowen. -4

I’m not sure how Chelsea are going to line up & not sure whether -8 ( Jimi to Werner) is worth it!

I can see West Ham & Chelsea both winning the weekend while

Trent & Wolves attackers don’t do much

I've exactly the same considerations - TAA, Podence, Jimi all undesirable so will likely replace 1 or two of them. Now leaning towards TAA and Pod to Chilly and Grealo but Jimi to Werner is also on my mind, with Ziyech and Bowen also in the mix. Maybe even all 3 for a -4 :confused:

I've even considered Martial :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

People seem to be under the impression was Maupay dropped for some sort of disciplinary reasons. He has now served his sentence and is available for selection. Potter said there was an 'incident' but he's back training and available for selection.

Rumour on this forum was that the indiscretion may have involved Connolly & Ryan also.. take from that what you will!

It might be a good explainer for Ryan. And maybe the other keepers passed over for selection. They're a tight bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Markx wrote: »
    Pod to Chilly and Grealo

Please stop :(

Markx wrote: »
    I've exactly the same considerations - TAA, Podence, Jimi all undesirable so will likely replace 1 or two of them. Now leaning towards TAA and Pod to Chilly and Grealo but Jimi to Werner is also on my mind, with Ziyech and Bowen also in the mix. Maybe even all 3 for a -4 :confused:

I've even considered Martial :eek:

Nah stay away from Martial.

I’ve only 1 FT but definitely thinking of a -8. Ziyech is who I wanted all week but Werner on pens has skewed my thinking & that he is due a rest.

Bowen’s underlying numbers have been good against strongest teams.

So without going 3 Chelsea he comes in for serious consideration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Want to get Robertson out as with City coming up and his price, he's not worth it right now IMO.

Also have Ings injury.

Fancy Chelsea to hockey Sheffield United this weekend.

Could do Robertson > Chilwell, and sub Soucek in for Ings - no hit
    Robertson & Ings out > Chilwell and Werner in - -4
    Robertson & Ings out > Zouma in and Vardy in - -4
    Or Ings out > someone? but no one at his cost interests me

Not sold on Werner and would rather Vardy. Would also prefer Chilwell to Zouma :confused::confused:

Any thoughts?

I think Zouma will be rested on Saturday .. or I have a fear.

Plenty of centre back options, Zouma has played practically every minute this year. But who knows, maybe Frank has decided on his best Xi & is sticking with that

Vardy has Wolves and Liverpool in his next two not ideal fixtures, bar 2 games oolves have been keeping it fairly tight, also a decent amount of what Vardy has done this year is penalties.

Not sure if you are into short term punts but Laca and arsenal have 2 good games coming up

Although for the hurt of one or two games it might be worth keeping Robbo I know they havent been up to much fantasy wise but Liverpools fixtures are turning good after the city game and Robbo and Trent still have the best attacking underline stats of any defenders in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

If you could select one Chelsea player at the moment (regardless of price) who would it be?

I've two FTs and am wary of overloading on Chelsea players yet but want to get at least one player into my team.
    I'm thinking one at least but can't decide -

Ings -> Werner
    Stephens -> Ziyech (funded by Ings sale)
    Robbo -> Zouma/James

Looking at getting in Fabianski for Ryan & Bellerin for TAA

Fixture looks good for Both West Ham & Arsenal. Could flip it and get Leno & Cresswell...thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Vardy has Wolves and Liverpool in his next two not ideal fixtures, bar 2 games oolves have been keeping it fairly tight, also a decent amount of what Vardy has done this year is penalties.

Not sure if you are into short term punts but Laca and arsenal have 2 good games coming up

Although for the hurt of one or two games it might be worth keeping Robbo I know they havent been up to much fantasy wise but Liverpools fixtures are turning good after the city game and Robbo and Trent still have the best attacking underline stats of any defenders in the league

Thanks Mick, Vardy for me is future proof in a sense as I feel he can get a goal out of anywhere at anytime.

Laca would be a massive punt for me as FPL wise he always burned me, decent fixtures though.

I'll have another tinker around!

Looking at getting in Fabianski for Ryan & Bellerin for TAA

Fixture looks good for Both West Ham & Arsenal. Could flip it and get Leno & Cresswell...thoughts?

Would have to be Leno & Cresswell. No brainer

Liverpool have been cleaned this year with that high line.

Vardy is the best in the business v a high line.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

If you could select one Chelsea player at the moment (regardless of price) who would it be?

I've two FTs and am wary of overloading on Chelsea players yet but want to get at least one player into my team.
    I'm thinking one at least but can't decide -

Ings -> Werner
    Stephens -> Ziyech (funded by Ings sale)
    Robbo -> Zouma/James

I would say Chilwell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Liverpool have been cleaned this year with that high line.

Vardy is the best in the business v a high line.

Agree with this. I was thinking of transferring vardy in for Kane after spurs play west rim this gw. will keep son for their tough fixture run.

Advertisement