Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW8 transfers

Options
1234568»

Comments

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Liverpool have been cleaned this year with that high line.

Vardy is the best in the business v a high line.

How many games have they played that crazy high line?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

How many games have they played that crazy high line?

I’d say all season they’ve been playing a high line, when Van Dijk was in , every game !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

For anyone thinking of getting Zouma, he's due to go up in price tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Contemplating a Son triple captain this weekend,
    But withthe squads rotation with so many first team attacking players im a bit uneasy on who will play in the left wing...

Just done what I’d be set to do all week

Trent —-> Chilwell

Podence ——> Ziyech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Vardy has Wolves and Liverpool in his next two not ideal fixtures, bar 2 games oolves have been keeping it fairly tight, also a decent amount of what Vardy has done this year is penalties.

Not sure if you are into short term punts but Laca and arsenal have 2 good games coming up

Although for the hurt of one or two games it might be worth keeping Robbo I know they havent been up to much fantasy wise but Liverpools fixtures are turning good after the city game and Robbo and Trent still have the best attacking underline stats of any defenders in the league

Vardy loves a goal against Liverpool. I’m planning on doing Kane to Vardy in GW9. I’d be quite surprised if he doesn’t get something out of that game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ings to Bamford

Mahrez to Grealish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

If you could select one Chelsea player at the moment (regardless of price) who would it be?

I've two FTs and am wary of overloading on Chelsea players yet but want to get at least one player into my team.
    I'm thinking one at least but can't decide -

Ings -> Werner
    Stephens -> Ziyech (funded by Ings sale)
    Robbo -> Zouma/James

James doing well when he starts but I have a fear he will be rested this weekend. Played in midweek and Azpi rested. Alternatively he could play both again. Zouma probably a safer bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I really have nothing that I really want to do. Lots of ideas but think I'll hold the FT into the international window.

Guaita
    TAA Robbo Lamptey
    Zaha Salah Son Grealish Podence
    DCL Kane

• Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Hit taken!

Feels good even though it was probably unnecessary but fed up playing sensibly and floundering outside the top 1m OR.

Chilwell, Ziyech and Adams in for Saiss, Havertz and Jiminez

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Robbo to Creswell

Jimi to Tammy

massive risk but if werner is droped ill be the one laughing. Leaves 4 million in the bank can upgrade pondence but have seem promise from him.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've Ings and Castagne out this week, with 1 transfer and 1.8 mill in the bank.

Thinking about taking the -4 hit, and swapping Ings for either Vardy, Wilson or Bamford. Not sure who yet, though probably Vardy.

Thinking of Castagne for Zouma or Chilwell as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Thinking of ditching both TAA & Saiss. Wolves fixtures are not the most attractive for CS over the next 8 fixtures overall, plus the doubts over Saiss, Mitchell & Lamptey playing make that a priority.

As for the Ings replacement, back to Werner? He probably has penalties again but there is also the risk he gets played out wide. Cilson has the form but DCL has the fixtures and form. I think I might go DCL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Money talks. I hadn't quite the funds in the end (0.1) for Zouma as I didn't want to swap out a guaranteed starter just yet for a less nailed on player. So decided to hold Robbo another week or so.

Bavies --> James
    Ings --> Werner (0.2 swing last night so got lucky there)

I've got 2 guaranteed defensive starters at least and then one of James or Kilman to sub in for each other I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Looking for a cheapish fourth midfielder. I know Wolves have a terrible run of fixtures but with 5.6m to spend the best value appears to be Podence or Neto. Who looks the best option between the two or is there anyone I seem to be overlooking?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking for a cheapish fourth midfielder. I know Wolves have a terrible run of fixtures but with 5.6m to spend the best value appears to be Podence or Neto. Who looks the best option between the two or is there anyone I seem to be overlooking?

Soucek? Decent fixtures for WH and he's been a decent threat from the games I've seen. McGinn might also be a good shout if you have no Villa attackers. Good fixtures after this GW

I think Armstrong for Soton is definitely worth a punt! Few nice fixtures and they score loads.

However I think overall you need to be shopping in the 6.5m plus bracket for value & downgrading striker / defender elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Feckin Hell Cresswell flagged now as well. That's 3 flagged defenders and my other 2 are Saiss and Reece James. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

gammygils wrote: »
    Feckin Hell Cresswell flagged now as well. That's 3 flagged defenders and my other 2 are Saiss and Reece James. :eek:

Forward Michail Antonio remains sidelined by a hamstring injury but Aaron Creswell should be available and Said Benrahma is in contention for his first start.

nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Fitz* wrote: »
    Thinking of ditching both TAA & Saiss. Wolves fixtures are not the most attractive for CS over the next 8 fixtures overall, plus the doubts over Saiss, Mitchell & Lamptey playing make that a priority.

Lamptey is fit to play. Potter said it was just cramp when he came off the pitch the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

but1er wrote: »
    Forward Michail Antonio remains sidelined by a hamstring injury but Aaron Creswell should be available and Said Benrahma is in contention for his first start.

nothing to worry about

Moyes says he "thinks" Cresswell is good to play. Got him the yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I joined the TAA to Chilwell gang. Say what you want it is nice to have been able to choose any defender in the league to replace him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went Pulisic to Ziyech and Saiss to Cresswrll for a -4.

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I think Armstrong for Soton is definitely worth a punt! Few nice fixtures and they score loads.

However I think overall you need to be shopping in the 6.5m plus bracket for value & downgrading striker / defender elsewhere

Hope you took the punt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭IrishLad90

Mccarthy clean sheets are consistent for someone i have been keeping on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

dahat wrote: »
    Tempted to knee jeek Havertz to Ziyceck.

That went well....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

dahat wrote: »
    That went well....
    Did ya do it? I've a feeling that Chelsea mid/forward line is gonna be a rotation nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 16,788 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Did ya do it? I've a feeling that Chelsea mid/forward line is gonna be a rotation nightmare

I did and it worked thus week but I do expect rotation as well.

Advertisement