Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

So you aren't going to condemn Adams for protecting a child rapist then?

It will be always be part of his legacy, "Gerry Adams protected a child rapist", fairly sure that's worse than leaking a medical contract.

I have already done it on the relevant thread and more to the point, I have condemned any of the many organisations that have messed up on this issue.

You carry on Harvey. Don't be a hypocrite in the luxury of your fought for personal freedom, look around you at people cozying up to alleged abuse victims for politically advantageous photo ops while denying the rights of those victimised and abused by the state their two parties have run since independence Or fighting abuse victims all the way to the European courts because they want to put in place protections for potential victims. Hypocrites too.

If you want to vent yourself on this, I suggest you open a thread. It is off topic here and I won't be answering you.

I have already done it on the relevant thread and more to the point, I have condemned any of the many organisations that have messed up on this issue.

You carry on Harvey. Don't be a hypocrite in the luxury of your fought for personal freedom, look around you at people cozying up to alleged abuse victims for politically advantageous photo ops while denying the rights of those victimised and abused by the state their two parties have run since independence Or fighting abuse victims all the way to the European courts because they want to put in place protections for potential victims. Hypocrites too.

If you want to vent yourself on this, I suggest you open a thread. It is off topic here and I won't be answering you.

Humour me a little longer, do you agree it's morally reprehensible that Mary-Lou hasn't condemned Adams for his inaction? After all, she worked for years for a guy who protected a child rapist?

If you think Leo is out of line, you must really be disgusted by Mary-Lou's lack of a moral compass on child rapists?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

It's a crime regardless of outcome, positive or negative. When he leaked it he wasn't to know and couldn't know, what the outcome would be.

That’s what I want to know. All the facts fully investigated, not just a magazine article, some useless politicians point scoring and then a bunch of people on the web with nothing better to do (you and I for example) commenting on it.
    You say a crime was committed. I think some sort of laws or regulations were broken. That should be properly established. Then appropriate action taken.
    Only a fool would think any politician hasn’t done something similar. To me they are all the same, so what needs to be established is what was the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Imagine the guy that said months ago “I’m embarrassed to be a member of this chamber tonight” in a reference to an argument on dail speaking times. Would someone that had that level of embarrassment over speaking times not just resign to protect the reputation of the dail in light of what he’s personally done? He’s completely undermined people’s faith in the government and laws.

Hubertj wrote: »
    That’s what I want to know. All the facts fully investigated, not just a magazine article, some useless politicians point scoring and then a bunch of people on the web with nothing better to do (you and I for example) commenting on it.
    You say a crime was committed. I think some sort of laws or regulations were broken. That should be properly established. Then appropriate action taken.
    Only a fool would think any politician hasn’t done something similar. To me they are all the same, so what needs to be established is what was the outcome.

If you want an investigation it won't happen in the Dáil. Speak to your local Green, FF or FG rep because they have circled the wagons and will block any sanction or inquiry coming from the House. All we can hope is that SIPO The Gardai will respond to the formal complaints made to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Open squabbling in FF over it. Deadly altogether. Government of Chaos.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1324086207769358337

Not sure I'd read too much into this. MacSharry is a swivel eyed loon who's been in a sulk over being overlooked for even a junior minister role. He's barking mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Humour me a little longer, do you agree it's morally reprehensible that Mary-Lou hasn't condemned Adams for his inaction? After all, she worked for years for a guy who protected a child rapist?

If you think Leo is out of line, you must really be disgusted by Mary-Lou's lack of a moral compass on child rapists?

So Gerry's rapist brother was involved in leaking the confidential document? Or was Shergar getting kidnapped worse than what Leo did so that cancels it out too? Can you elaborate on your much laboured 'point' as it relates to Leo leaking a confidential document to a pal, (acquaintance, lad he knew)? Also can you explain why FG often rely on distraction when defending their 'no wrong doing'?
    Do you think it's right to use a rape victim or dead person to try protect a FG TD from being criticised? Just curious.
    Can you imagine how jaded people, not affiliated with SF, maybe even regular FG voters, might be to have to listen to this kind of ****e every time a FG minister ****s up? Can't be good for FG.

Yurt! wrote: »
    Not sure I'd read too much into this. MacSharry is a swivel eyed loon who's been in a sulk over being overlooked for even a junior minister role. He's barking mad.

I must tell what I think of some senior members in FF some time! :)

I know McSharry is a loon, but there were others annoyed enough to speak up.
    Others, though not going as far as MacSharry in speaking aloud, privately very annoyed at the not-much-to-see-here approach from Martin. Some had hoped this would “bring Varadkar to heel” and have him act more as a Tánaiste than a “co-Taoiseach”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Yurt! wrote: »

Excellent post, dude. MacSharry is away with the fairies.

If you want an investigation it won't happen in the Dáil. Speak to your local Green, FF or FG rep because they have circled the wagons and will block any sanction or inquiry coming from the House. All we can hope is that SIPO The Gardai will respond to the formal complaints made to them.

That is what I mean - this SIPO committee, they can investigate and then take some form of sanction such as removal? Or is it a slap on wrist?

• Advertisement

Bowie wrote: »
    So Gerry's rapist brother was involved in leaking the confidential document? Or was Shergar getting kidnapped worse than what Leo did so that cancels it out too? Can you elaborate on your much laboured 'point' as it relates to Leo leaking a confidential document to a pal, (acquaintance, lad he knew)? Also can you explain why FG often rely on distraction when defending their 'no wrong doing'?
    Do you think it's right to use a rape victim or dead person to try protect a FG TD from being criticised? Just curious.
    Can you imagine how jaded people, not affiliated with SF, maybe even regular FG voters, might be to have to listen to this kind of ****e every time a FG minister ****s up? Can't be good for FG.

I'm simply questioning the moral compass of those who claim to outraged by Leo's leaks. As I've said, I think Leo should go.

Mind you, your username was into underage girls too, so maybe it's ok by you too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Complete non-issue, and have lost no respect for him. Leaks, tip-offs, second guessing, throwing colleagues under a bus are all part of national politics. Every single senior politician will have done something similar at least once in their career. It's sometimes how stuff gets done.

This isn't the scouts, dude, it's the dark art of politics. We now have a deal with the doctors. That's what mattered.

Lot of naivety in this forum. Lot of lads got overly excited and rushed head long into this without thinking it through. Now they are angry because their fantasy of Leo resigning didn't come to pass. They had it all pictured out in their head. One or two thought he would even end up in prison!!! :D

There's more Mattie McGrath's than Machiavelli's around here tbh.

Can you quote any of this or is it all made up for colour?

Hubertj wrote: »
    That is what I mean - this SIPO committee, they can investigate and then take some form of sanction such as removal? Or is it a slap on wrist?

No powers really. Would only do reputational damage which is done already. Be good to see it made formal though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,274 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Thread has gone way off topic. There are other threads to discuss SF, Northern Ireland and/or Gerry Adams.

Back on topic please

More coming tomorrow. Can't wait ☺️.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1324051443540725761?s=19

No powers really. Would only do reputational damage which is done already. Be good to see it made formal though.

I think we are in agreement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

That O'Tuathail lad seems like an absolutely despicable human being.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭VonLuck

ChikiChiki wrote: »

I wouldn't go that far. Bit of a fool and not very likeable, sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,357 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

smurgen wrote: »

This chap seems to be loving the limelight, if we're been honest.

If he knows something criminal and is withholding it currently, then he is leaving himself open to all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

If there was some bombshell evidence, it probably wont be published - just handed over to gardai.

For those of you who are/arent waiting for a real bombshell to emerge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

If he knows something criminal and is withholding it currently, then he is leaving himself open to all sorts.

No my dear man he is not.

The only people leaving themselves open to all sorts are the people who committed the crimes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

smurgen wrote: »

There was a hint dropped today that somehow paschal has a dog in this right, he might not be as squeaky clean as he comes across.

Touching cloth do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

ChikiChiki wrote: »

Agree with you here, the messages are really telling, healthcare is all about €, yet these people are all over our TVs feigning compassion.

I really hope his time as the media's go to medic is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Failure to report certain crimes, such as corruption, in Ireland is a crime in itself punishable with up to 5 years in jail. Obviously he isn't holding back anything that he believes is criminal, as he would just be incriminating himself.

Be interesting what they come out with tomorrow. They said there would be new information today also though, and I don't believe there was any?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Mrsmum

TheSheriff wrote: »
    Agree with you here, the messages are really telling, healthcare is all about €, yet these people are all over our TVs feigning compassion.

I really hope his time as the media's go to medic is over.

He totally had me fooled. Seeing him over the last few months, I thought what a fine young doctor he was and so caring. Now I think the total opposite.

That FG woman cant even keep a straight fface on matt cooper

Them cúnts are laughing at us,after getting off with this

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Failure to report certain crimes, such as corruption, in Ireland is a crime in itself punishable with up to 5 years in jail. Obviously he isn't holding back anything that he believes is criminal, as he would just be incriminating himself.

Be interesting what they come out with tomorrow. They said there would be new information today also though, and I don't believe there was any?

My point exactly.

Let's be honest.

There has been no crime committed.

If there was the village know they would be in trouble for not disclosing it.

What's he leaving himself open to? Sounds threatening.

No my dear man he is not.

The only people leaving themselves open to all sorts are the people who committed the crimes.

And who would that be?

• Advertisement

There has been no crime committed.

That will be for the Gardai to decide, not us.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement