Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

atticu wrote: »
    I do apologise, I didn’t realise that you thought they were true.

Seeing as you believe them, let me know when you would like to buy some magic beans.

So, let's be clear here, are you suggesting the screenshots are Photoshopped/Fake?

A yes or no will do.

Let's clear it up. Use the pot, or get off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

McMurphy wrote: »
    Doherty is trying to get Leo to confirm or deny very specific questions about correspondence between himself and MOT.

can't help get the feeling that they have further screen grabs and are trying to steer Leo into s scenario where he'll have contradicted himself.

Yeh, agree that is what is going on.

FG members need to consider very carefully how long they are going to support this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Did you say just something about being "duped", and mistake village magazine, and a tweet from Chay Bowes in the same post Blanch?

Village magazine didn't tweet that, chay bowes tweeted it.

Village Magazine retweeted Chay's tweet, without clarification. Clearly they agreed with how he was portraying it. Otherwise they wouldn't have retweeted him.

So people on here genuinely thought the conversation between Chay Bowes and Matt O'Toole on WhatsApp was actually with Leo?

Doherty is trying to get Leo to confirm or deny very specific questions about correspondence between himself and MOT.

can't help get the feeling that they have further screen grabs and are trying to steer Leo into s scenario where he'll have contradicted himself.

Just listened back there...is Doherty suggesting that there was a 2nd 'Draft' document released?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

So, let's be clear here, are you suggesting the screenshots are Photoshopped/Fake?

A yes or no will do.

Let's clear it up. Use the pot, or get off it.

I don’t believe they are actual screenshots of the mobile phones of the people they are making out to be.

So, simply put, I believe they are fake.

I am sure that you will post up a link to try and prove that I am wrong.

• Advertisement

I don’t believe they are actual screenshots of the mobile phones of the people they are making out to be.

Have yopu backed up your contention that they are fake?

has Leo denied that any of these screenshots are his? He got another opportunity in the Dáíl to do that when he was specifically asked about his phone records.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Village Magazine retweeted Chay's tweet, without clarification. Clearly they agreed with how he was portraying it. Otherwise they wouldn't have retweeted him.

So people on here genuinely thought the conversation between Chay Bowes and Matt O'Toole on WhatsApp was actually with Leo?

Not everyone misread the tweet, I admit I did, and am sure many others did too, but as can be evidenced in this thread, not everyone did.

There is an argument that if people misread the tweet, or if it was deliberately misleading.

Not everyone misread the tweet, I admit I did, and am sure many others did too, but as can be evidenced in this thread, not everyone did.

There is an argument that if people misread the tweet, or if it was deliberately misleading.

I'd say it was just a poorly written tweet rather than anything deliberate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Does anyone know why the NAGP weren't included?

Was it because Gov were aware of the way it was being run or was it pure bias towards IMO.
    timmyntc wrote: »
    Didn't have a license for negotiations - which led to members leaving & contributed to their debts which ultimately led them to liquidation.

O'Tuathails plan to get the contract & put it to members was presumably to boost membership in the union & stop things falling apart.

Thanks, why did they not have a license?

Oh ok, and I thought we were arguing on something else completely.
    If you believe that is a screenshot of anyone’s phone,

By the way, if you think you need "Photoshop" to fake a text...... Here's you and me having a full on WhatsApp exchange, no need for photo shop FFS.

Screenshot-2020-11-05-12-35-16-249-com-whatsapp.jpg
    I have some magic beans that you are probably interested in buying.

Given that you are of the belief a whistleblower would have faked screenshots of serious allegations they put in the public domain, I've no doubt you fully believe you have "magic" beans for sale. I ain't buying though. :D

Get up the yard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭ooter

Just listened back there...is Doherty suggesting that there was a 2nd 'Draft' document released?

Is he saying he got another copy from the general secretary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

blanch152 wrote: »
    Yes, it appears you have been duped into thinking that the texts were between Leo and Matt. Looks deliberate on Village Magazine's part, but it all consists of Matt's version of his interactions with Harris and Varadkar, and is second-hand information.

Disgraceful mud-slinging by Village, but not surprising that they have found patsys to repeat it as if it came directly from Leo.

Leo should release all his txt messages and clear the matters at hand up.
    I am sure in the interests of transparency you would support such a move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Because the details were already in the public domain, it wasn't a secret. But his, sharing of the contract, the written copy of it, shouldn't have been sent to a friend or rival organisation before even the IMO received their official copy.

No they were not.
    Harris refused.
    You are suggesting info was available but neither organisation had it. You are contradicting yourself. Why did he need ask Harris and then LV to see it?
    LV himself accepts it was confidential and wrong to pass it to his pal.
    FF/FG/Greens playing it down doesn't mean it didn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Absolutely.

Full disclosure to the proper authorities, quick investigation (shouldn't take long as apparently there's nothing to see here), Leo vindicated.
    Story over/.

Right now it's growing legs and snapping around the Dáil like a rabid rat.
    Not good for govt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Leo apparently deleted all these WhatsApp messages now according to Dail questions. Questions over FOI implications.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Leo apparently deleted all these WhatsApp messages now according to Dail questions. Questions over FOI implications.

Nothing says innocent man like deleting all your WhatsApp messages

Taken from Gavin Reilly's account of 'Leaker's Questions!

His pun!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

If it was his work phone, he has put himself in some serious do-do

By the way, if you think you need "Photoshop" to fake a text...... Here's you and me having a full on WhatsApp exchange, no need for photo shop FFS.

Get up the yard.

Is that Leo asking about screenshots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Yeah he said that on Tuesday night but are whatsapps covered under FoI ? I doubt it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

timmyntc wrote: »
    Nothing says innocent man like deleting all your WhatsApp messages

True, I’ve never deleted a WhatsApp message or a text for that matter. Why would you?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Nobotty wrote: »
    Yeah he said that on Tuesday night but are whatsapps covered under FoI ? I doubt it

They are on his work phone

Nobotty wrote: »

Doherty apparently saying there is precedent.

Not gone away.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    Is that Leo asking about screenshots?

Na it's just a serial goalpost mover firstly suggesting they're not screenshots of anyone's actual phones, quickly moving on to suggest that it actually is someone's phone, but photo shop was used to fake the sender/recipient are.

Same shyte different day from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

For what reason should they be released?

He is entitled to privacy like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

True, I’ve never deleted a WhatsApp message or a text for that matter. Why would you?
    If I was a high-ranking politician, I would probably make a point of deleting them quite often if I'm to be honest.

No matter how decent you are, at some point someone will have the knives out for you, and being unable to produce evidence that could incriminate you would be a smart move.

It's unlikely this was a work phone, would you send any text messages on your work phone if you were Taoiseach?

It's amusing to see people using the "An innocent man has nothing to hide" argument here when it suits them.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

Get up the yard.

I believe that they are fake, and you believe they are real.

You are trying to twist and turn, but I have stuck by what I said. They are fake. They are not a screenshot of someone’s phone.
    I believe they are photoshopped.

You have been so kind to prove my point.

Grade E - Must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Leo and acolytes firmly in Nixon territory on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

blanch152 wrote: »
    For what reason should they be released?

He is entitled to privacy like everyone else.

Wait wait wait , so he’s entitled to privacy, but also entitled to carry out work for the state, or in the states best interest via what’s app, which is it?

• Advertisement

Doherty apparently saying there is precedent.

Not gone away.

So, if true, we add destruction of official state records.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement