Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

So, if true, we add destruction of official state records.

Obstruction of justice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

blanch152 wrote: »
    For what reason should they be released?

He is entitled to privacy like everyone else.

He is under suspicion of wrong doing based on his crony wrong doing.
    He put himself in this position. There is just cause to in the least support seeking his correspondence especially if it can be accessed on a state owned device.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So, if true, we add destruction of official state records.

Add whatever they like. At this stage I was hoping that the Village would have released a hum-dinger that would have holed him below the waterline but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be materialising.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Add whatever they like. At this stage I was hoping that the Village would have released a hum-dinger that would have holed him below the waterline but unfortunately that doesn't appear to be materialising.

He is hanging himself quite well I would have thought.

Seriously seriously damaged now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

atticu wrote: »
    I don’t believe they are actual screenshots of the mobile phones of the people they are making out to be.

So, simply put, I believe they are fake.

I am sure that you will post up a link to try and prove that I am wrong.
    I don't believe a whistleblower or publication would put themselves in such a position versus the whistleblower has the messages intact on his phone as he was one of the correspondents.

Of course, they could be faked but that leaves said whistleblower and publication open to financial ruin - at this stage, which is more likely?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

seamus wrote: »
    If I was a high-ranking politician, I would probably make a point of deleting them quite often if I'm to be honest.

No matter how decent you are, at some point someone will have the knives out for you, and being unable to produce evidence that could incriminate you would be a smart move.

It's unlikely this was a work phone, would you send any text messages on your work phone if you were Taoiseach?

It's amusing to see people using the "An innocent man has nothing to hide" argument here when it suits them.

We're talking Leo here.

It's the situation he admits he put himself in gives cause. He broke protocol and opened himself up to suspicion. And he's a public servant likely using state owned equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    I don't believe a whistleblower or publication would put themselves in such a position versus the whistleblower has the messages intact on his phone as he was one of the correspondents.

Of course, they could be faked but that leaves said whistleblower and publication open to financial ruin - at this stage, which is more likely?

Deleted messages can be retrieved and verified to prove they're not fake - that should help clear Leo's good name........

He is hanging himself quite well I would have thought.

Seriously seriously damaged now.

Yes. I accept that. I was hoping for something more permanent however.

And credibility ruin, which would lead to financial ruin anyway even if they aren't sued.

Just as a sidebar, has anyone ever sued the Village successfully?

I'm enjoying the squirming to be honest. Always good to see high moral grounders squirm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

For Chay Bowes to release "photoshopped"/"Faked" screenshots in the serious allegations he's putting into the public domain isn't even remotely plausible, no doubt he'll have the original WhatsApp exchange still on his phone.

The "Fake News" suggestions = Tinfoil hat lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭atticu

McMurphy wrote: »
    You have absolutely no self awareness, none at all.

:pac:

Thanks for the personal insult.

Just remind me of the question you asked.

You asked a question, I answered, then you tried to link that answer to a previous post to try and imply that you asked a different question.

Would you like me to post them in order, so that you can get a better understanding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

His work phone shouldn’t be used for personal business so there shouldn’t be anything private. The phone and and data on it is property of the state.

As it was on his iphone the I cloud should at least have some of the non whatsapp messages.

Donnelly on RTE1 now. Will he roll back on his DE submission last year?

His work phone shouldn’t be used for personal business so there shouldn’t be anything private. The phone and and data on it is property of the state.

And he has stated again and again that he was implementing an agreed government strategy.

Not seeing any wriggle room for him on the destroying official records there.

Thanks for the personal insult.

There was absolutely no personal insult, except me blowing a hole in your nonsense theories. Sorry and thanks at the same time.

Just remind me of the question you asked.

You asked a question, I answered, then you tried to link that answer to a previous post to try and imply that you asked a different question.

Would you like me to post them in order, so that you can get a better understanding?

Ah FFS, yeah do, or else just jog on.

Donnelly back tracking now. Really are spineless.

Seems like there is numerous changes between the draft and final draft agreed.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1324321500716040192?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

There was absolutely no personal insult, except me blowing a hole in your nonsense theories. Sorry and thanks at the same time.

Ah FFS, yeah do, or else just jog on.
    There are quite a few false claims to being offended or being offended on someone's else behalf on this thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

If it was government business then they should be released. He should have no problem with disclosing his txt if has nothing to hide.

This one is going to run and run and run, The more it runs the more Leo runs out of road. It will be interesting to see when the penny drops with the diehard FGers, when do you think you will realise that Leo is past the point of no return?

There are quite a few false claims to being offended or being offended on someone's else behalf on this thread

Personal insult?

They posted
    If you believe that is a screenshot of anyone’s phone, then I have some magic beans that you are probably interested in buying.

"Anyone's phone"

Shifted to this.
    I don’t believe they are actual screenshots of the mobile phones of the people they are making out to be.

So they're screenshots of a phone after all, they're just Photoshopped to fake who's been sending them and receiving them?

And then pretend to be "personally insulted" when you call them out.

Any suggestions at all that Bowes would put himself in the dangerous position of faking the most serious allegations he released is, tinfoil hat lunacy.

You can bet the arse in your trousers he will have the hard evidence (in this case the original exchange) on his phone. But I hope he has a backup made if he's requested to hand it over.

Might get misplaced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

This process wil be much more damaging that a head shot that does him instantly. FF are fighting like cats and dogs, MM is looking like a FG stooge, Leo is looking arrogant ,corrupt and untouchable. Greens look like they are only interested in protecting their position in government. The longer it goes on the better for the opposition. It will be a long, slow sinking of Leo, he is holed below the waterline but does not realise it. It is very entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    The official reason is NAGP were not signed up to a framework for contract negotiations with the Department of Health, or under the umbrella of the Irish Congress of Trade Unions.

Good outline about them here: https://www.thejournal.ie/national-association-of-general-practitioners-leo-varadkar-leak-5252202-Nov2020/

But even if they were a recognised 'union', what Varadkar did would be equivalent to govt engaging in a lengthy and fractious negotiation with ASTI and at the 11th hour, when the deal was very nearly done but not signed, the Taoiseach was privately asked by a friend to send him a copy - a friend who had been turned down by the minister of education.
    Without telling anyone the Taoiseach then sent a copy, warning it was confidential, via unofficial channels keeping no records to a friend high up in a rival union.

Thanks that's a good article

So the NAGP came into being because:
    In July 2013 the the IMO chief executive George McNiece was due to receive €20 million pension fund which was to be paid for by their subscription fees when GPs were struggling with cuts introduced by the Government under Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (FEMPI). Disenchantment led to a slew of resignations from the association and the eventual formation of the NAGP who organised the first ever street-demonstration by Irish GPs and attacked former Fine Gael TD James Reilly as the worst health minister in the history of the State.

They then made two decisions which would be their undoing.

The NAGP opposed free GP care for children under six.
    That led to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission contacting the group to say it could be anti-competitive to patients.
    Then after the abortion referendum in 2018 to he NAGP called for an “opt-in” provision for doctors to provide abortion services, and for onward referrals not to be compulsory. Those calls drew criticism from then Health Minister Simon Harris, who said the NAGP’s stance on referrals in particular “[flew] in the face of care and compassion.

My opinion
    From what I can see they initially were an improvement on the IMO but the Gov excluded them for political reasons, mainly their position on abortion services and their attacking of Fine Gael. Their views didn't fit with the Gov populist view but the reason used to exclude them was that in contrast to the IMO, the NAGP was not signed up to a framework for contract negotiations with the Department of Health or under the umbrella of the Irish Congress of Trade Unions even though the group did join the Independent Workers’ Union[/B] which allowed them to directly negotiate on pay issues with the Department of Health in 2014.

I think the Gov were wrong to exclude them at the time. However given the recent revelations they seem to be populated with some very dodgy individuals.

Was there no Court action that they could have taken to challenge the GOV decision to exclude them?

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭costacorta

This process wil be much more damaging that a head shot that does him instantly. FF are fighting like cats and dogs, MM is looking like a FG stooge, Leo is looking arrogant ,corrupt and untouchable. Greens look like they are only interested in protecting their position in government. The longer it goes on the better for the opposition. It will be a long, slow sinking of Leo, he is holed below the waterline but does not realise it. It is very entertaining.

Not at all this time next week we be discussing SF and their hiding of money in NI that was meant to be in the republic . Big scandal coming down the line on SF finances and you heard it here first ..

I'm not getting drawn in after this.
    Thread has gone way off topic. There are other threads to discuss SF, Northern Ireland and/or Gerry Adams.

Back on topic please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Might get misplaced.

Seemingly whatsapps are never deleted
    If I was able to Google this,I'm sure the Gardai can get deleted messages
    I'd say they can look for anything chay Bowes deleted too as part of their investigation
    He mightnt like that
    https://how2foru.com/how-to-recover-deleted-whatsapp-messages_294/

Gardai now involved.

Not going away.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1324344041492914177

Nobotty wrote: »
    Seemingly whatsapps are never deleted
    If I was able to Google this,I'm sure the Gardai can get deleted messages
    I'd say they can look for anything chay Bowes deleted too as part of their investigation
    He mightnt like that

https://how2foru.com/how-to-recover-deleted-whatsapp-messages_294/

There's a bit of a recurring theme in Ireland to imply the whistleblower might have something to hide or fear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Lol

This should be good

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement