Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Nobotty wrote: »
    Seemingly whatsapps are never deleted
    If I was able to Google this,I'm sure the Gardai can get deleted messages
    I'd say they can look for anything chay Bowes deleted too as part of their investigation
    He mightnt like that
    https://how2foru.com/how-to-recover-deleted-whatsapp-messages_294/

Why would they want access to Chay Bowes phone? Thats not government property, has no relevance to Leo leaking confidential documents. You're grasping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭thomas 123

costacorta wrote: »
    Bottom line here ye look for credibility and honesty but have no problem believing that yer ex leader was in the IRA and always say if he says he says he wasn’t we believe him . That’s the problem Thomas ye have no credibility in SF calling out anyone ..

But they are elected by the people of Ireland to represent them? What right has any one of us to slander them every time they raise an issue?

Sure FF and FG have skeletons in their closet, imagine if sf just said that each time they were bested in a debate?

Eg:

Gov: we want to tax x.
    SF: that’s bad because ye sold off the oil and gas.

Sure how many people has the state of hospitals and housing killed? I guarantee you it pales in comparison to any alleged number of deaths caused by the political party Sinn Fein.

Sad state of affairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Why would they want access to Chay Bowes phone? Thats not government property, has no relevance to Leo leaking confidential documents. You're grasping there.

Seems he's trying to get some traction on his tweet about going to the gardai a few days ago in time for the weekend ,

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

As lead balloon jokes go this has to be a classic. His face when the camera cuts back to him. :):)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1324351976562479105

• Registered Users Posts: 19,219 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Thanks that's a good article

So the NAGP came into being because:
    In July 2013 the the IMO chief executive George McNiece was due to receive €20 million pension fund which was to be paid for by their subscription fees when GPs were struggling with cuts introduced by the Government under Financial Emergency Measures in the Public Interest (FEMPI). Disenchantment led to a slew of resignations from the association and the eventual formation of the NAGP who organised the first ever street-demonstration by Irish GPs and attacked former Fine Gael TD James Reilly as the worst health minister in the history of the State.

They then made two decisions which would be their undoing.

The NAGP opposed free GP care for children under six.
    That led to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission contacting the group to say it could be anti-competitive to patients.
    Then after the abortion referendum in 2018 to he NAGP called for an “opt-in” provision for doctors to provide abortion services, and for onward referrals not to be compulsory. Those calls drew criticism from then Health Minister Simon Harris, who said the NAGP’s stance on referrals in particular “[flew] in the face of care and compassion.

My opinion
    From what I can see they initially were an improvement on the IMO but the Gov excluded them for political reasons, mainly their position on abortion services and their attacking of Fine Gael. Their views didn't fit with the Gov populist view but the reason used to exclude them was that in contrast to the IMO, the NAGP was not signed up to a framework for contract negotiations with the Department of Health or under the umbrella of the Irish Congress of Trade Unions even though the group did join the Independent Workers’ Union[/B] which allowed them to directly negotiate on pay issues with the Department of Health in 2014.

I think the Gov were wrong to exclude them at the time. However given the recent revelations they seem to be populated with some very dodgy individuals.

Was there no Court action that they could have taken to challenge the GOV decision to exclude them?

However, the NAGP did not sign up with the Irish Congress of Trade Unions which would have making excluding them impossible and afaik are were not a registered lobby group.

They were excluded as they did not do the paperwork required to get included. No one's fault but their own. The left the IMO as the only officially recognised group and then moaned about it and resorted to using personal friendships and unofficial back channels.

The NAGP are not the victims here of anything but their own hubris.

The real victims are the people who don't have the means to whatsapp the Teesh of the day and get a personal favour on the hush hush.
    Or 'clients' as the HSE calls them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

As lead balloon jokes go this has to be a classic. His face when the camera cuts back to him. :):)

Leo's arrogance on display again. Thinks he's gotten away with it and doesn't see what the fuss was about anyway. Sure he isn't answerable to the plebs, and certainly not SF :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Varadkar has set back union negotiations a few decades, which might endear him with the Alan B'stard wing of FG its going to make things awkward for everyone else

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Leo's arrogance on display again. Thinks he's gotten away with it and doesn't see what the fuss was about anyway. Sure he isn't answerable to the plebs, and certainly not SF :rolleyes:

Seems he will be answerable to the Gardai now.

I wonder will he be asked to step aside now?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,689 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

Do you believe everything you read on Twitter?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Varadkar has set back union negotiations a few decades, which might endear him with the Alan B'stard wing of FG its going to make things awkward for everyone else

That's not good because the unions have tied up any potential reform in places like the HSE and need to be tackled.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Why would he be asked to step aside?

Did you see PD going bright red on tonight show when PB said it to him ? He actually started getting very angry after and lost the plot . But there will always be stuff around for a party who associates with criminals, murderers and bank robbbers ..

More on former FG member and party goer par excellence and his connections to The General, The Monk and Cerberus?

seamus wrote: »

Common practice when politician is being investigated

• Registered Users Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Not at all this time next week we be discussing SF and their hiding of money in NI that was meant to be in the republic . Big scandal coming down the line on SF finances and you heard it here first ..

It might astound you to learn that many of us could not care less what happens in NI.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

timmyntc wrote: »
    Thats between Chay Bowes & MOT, not Varadkar.
    Bannasidhe wrote: »
    However, the NAGP did not sign up with the Irish Congress of Trade Unions which would have making excluding them impossible and afaik are were not a registered lobby group.

They were excluded as they did not do the paperwork required to get included. No one's fault but their own. The left the IMO as the only officially recognised group and then moaned about it and resorted to using personal friendships and unofficial back channels.

The NAGP are not the victims here of anything but their own hubris.

The real victims are the people who don't have the means to whatsapp the Teesh of the day and get a personal favour on the hush hush.
    Or 'clients' as the HSE calls them.

I'm not on their side. Im trying to understand why they were excluded.

Your correct in saying it's their own fault .

I find it strange that they never registered with the ICTU. I don't know what the criteria required to register is but they seemed to know that they wouldn't meet it .

It's very hard to see Varadkar's real motive for passing this Doc was given his Party were totally against the NAGP.

The motive It wasn't to make sure all GPS are included. The Deal was ongoing and as was pointed out earlier there were 35 changes after MOT received it.

Was Varadkar passing info on these changes to IMO?

blanch152 wrote: »
    Do you believe everything you read on Twitter?

No, why?

smurgen wrote: »
    Seems like there is numerous changes between the draft and final draft agreed.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1324321500716040192?s=19

Didn't know that Pearse could count to 35.

Well it seems he has already deleted official records.

Usually it is asked for to prevent the above or any other interference.

Didn't know that Pearse could count to 35.

He can count better than former FG minister for Finance Noonan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Common practice when politician is being investigated

Is it though?

It's a bad idea - if a politician did nothing wrong, but has some false allegations against him, an investigation that will ultimately find no wrongdoing will mean said politician has to stand down.

(Not that I think that would be he outcome in this case - just that innocent until proven guilty should apply even to public office holders, otherwise frivolous investigations could undermine the whole system)

Because some Twitter user says the Gardai are actively investigating him.

The person who made the complaint tweeted it and included the Gardai hashtag in his tweet.

Because the whistleblower who made an official complaint says the Gardai are actively investigating him has a different ring to it eh Blanch.

Tell me - did you dismiss McCabe as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

The person who made the complaint tweeted it and included the Gardai hashtag in his tweet.
    The person who made the complaint said it's being "actioned".

That could mean anything from, "There is an active investigation with a codename and an investigation team", to, "The garda wrote it down in his book and said he'd be in touch".

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And that means what exactly ,

He tweeted it the other day too

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Because the whistleblower who made an official complaint says the Gardai are actively investigating him has a different ring to it eh Blanch.

Tell me - did you dismiss McCabe as well?

Whistleblower? Not in accordance with Irish legislation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Floppybits

McMurphy wrote: »
    There's a bit of a recurring theme in Ireland to imply the whistleblower might have something to hide or fear.

Again the establishment attack Whistleblowers. We see this with Maurice McCabe where the establishment went out of their way to discredit this man. Luckily this man was smart enough to outsmart them.

The problem in this country is that we hate being exposed and yes I mean the country. We seen it in the 80's with the hepatis B scandal and poor Bridget McCole hounded to her grave by FG, then we seen it with the catholic church and mother and baby homes and I am sure there are many more instances.

It's one of the things that really annoys me about this country that rather than being brave and facing up to the past misdeeds the country would rather tear itself apart and the victims rather than face up to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

The person who made the complaint said it's being "actioned".

That could mean anything from, "There is an active investigation with a codename and an investigation team", to, "The garda wrote it down in his book and said he'd be in touch".

It will be investigated, even if it's only to reassure Drew Harris that something is not gonna crop up and kick him in the arse further down the line.

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    And that means what exactly ,

He tweeted it the other day too

No he dodn't. He tweeted that he had made two detailed complaints.

Today he tweeted that the Gardai have informed him that one of them the first one has been actioned.

He included the Garda hashtag in his tweet so I see no reason to disbelieve him

If I am wrong, fair enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement