Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Jim Root

A cannot take Doherty seriously, he’s a real ogre.

Jim Root wrote: »
    A cannot take Doherty seriously, he’s a real ogre.

Your gonna have to,

Hes playing a blinder on this,laying waste to leo nonsense and ego over this

The days of fg laughing and taking electorate for dopes is over,thanks to likes of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

smurgen wrote: »
    The same three or four posters keep coming back every evening to gleefully declare that we all have egg on our faces, storm in a teacup etc etc. Happening ever couple of dozen pages. Telling people in here they're cranks. All done without a shred of irony.

Not just this thread either.

I think the instruction is to disrupt all threads.

Its far too common to be a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Because the whistleblower who made an official complaint says the Gardai are actively investigating him has a different ring to it eh Blanch.

Tell me - did you dismiss McCabe as well?

Not only did blanch dismiss McCabe he spent over two years on here trying his best to blacken his name by making out he had no credibility and that Shatter and Callinan were the only people to be believed. That didnt turn out too well in the end.

Even after McCabe was shown by the O'Higgins Commission report to be a credible witness who was telling the truth and even after Leo himself had called McCabe "distinguished" blanch was on these boards still trying to slur the name of a good man. "McCabe has serious questions to answer" is what he said about him and when asked on numerous occasions what these serious questions were blanch had no answer whatsoever. It all follows the usual playbook for Fine Gael when it comes to whistleblowers, attack them and discredit them because the Party is always more important than everything else.
    Fann Linn wrote: »
    Peadar Toibin looking for ZeroCraic to face a Dail Committee now.

Ive been wondering why Maithu o'Tuahaill calls himself Dr. Zero Craic, he's been giving us all plenty of craic over this last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Not just this thread either.

I think the instruction is to disrupt all threads.

Its far too common to be a coincidence.

It's the internet equivalent of a Rodeo Clown.
    Rodeo Clowns enter the rodeo arena on foot, before the bull is released from the bucking chute. They stand on either side of the chute as the bull is released and work as a team to distract the bull and thus protect the rider and each other.[1] Their role is particularly important when a rider has been injured, in which case the bullfighter interposes himself between the bull and the rider, or uses techniques such as running off at an angle, throwing a hat, or shouting, so that the injured rider can exit the ring. Bullfighters are an extremely important asset to the bull rider, and will at times put their lives on the line to preserve the bull riders.[13] When a rider has been hung up, they face the extremely dangerous task of trying to free him, with one team member going to the bull's head and the other attempting to release the rider.[1]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭1st dalkey dalkey

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    I don't see much wrong with that in fairness. If you knew anything about Irish unions your jaw would hit the floor, they are a shambles.

Laughable that the lefties are acting like they have the GPs' backs all of a sudden? A month ago they were releasing shadow budgets hoping to crucify them with higher rates of tax... oh and encourage an extra 2,500 doctors to work here from abroad. I think patronising was the word I used at the time, not much has changed.

Although it is funny to see a party so used to being flahoolaigh with their own pieces of corruption, suddenly decide now is the time to get pedantic over a few texts. Guttersnipe stuff... and I am looking forward to when the worm turns here.

This non story has derided into a Friday afternoon classroom, when the teacher has phucked off for 15 minutes and everyone has started on the paper aeroplanes. The same posters having conniptions over a few texts were 2 weeks ago backing up Irish MP's getting paid by international drug cartels or condoning attrocities from the troubles. It stinks to be honest.

You're doing a lot of commenting on a non story, though.

And you are not alone.

It has brought an apology from Varadker.

Does he usually apologise for non stories?

No. Didn't think so.

So it is clearly not a non story.

So now we have to ask why you would claim it was?

And then try to sidetrack the discussion into SF and NI

• Registered Users Posts: 68,716 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    It is really sad that some people are so in thrall to tribalism that they would prefer a lack of accountability and ethics in government to seeing one of 'their team' be sanctioned for impropriety.

Loyalty can be a great thing, but when that loyalty is to a political party at the expense of the welfare of the country then it's a dangerous, stupid, and short-sighted curse.

To all those who seek to gloss over this as a 'non-story' I guarantee you in the future another party - one you dislike - and another Taoiseach will pull a similar stunt and there will be F all you cheerleaders for Leo will be able to say about it as you have given tacit permission for stunts like this to continue.

You are making a cross not just for your own backs, but for the backs of your children.

Crosses to bear :rolleyes:

Get a grip my friend.

Leo shared information with a union to get them onside to get a very good deal over the line. We saw previously how troublesome NAGP can be at frustrating a deal with the U-6 medical care. He was doing the country a service in sharing the info which was already largely public.

This isn't the type of leaking we'd see if you had Minister for Justice Dessie Ellis. Where files would be handed over to bald headed hardshaws in some grimy Belfast pub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

smurgen wrote: »
    The same three or four posters keep coming back every evening to gleefully declare that we all have egg on our faces, storm in a teacup etc etc. Happening ever couple of dozen pages. Telling people in here they're cranks. All done without a shred of irony.

In fairness it gets boring after a while, we like to spice things up a little.

Politics is not supposed to be such a snoozefest.

It is sarcasm btw, I only go for the ironic quips during the run up to the elections. So you have 4 years to wait to see an example of that.

Crank on please.

Crosses to bear :rolleyes:

Get a grip my friend.

Leo shared information with a union to get them onside to get a very good deal over the line. We saw previously how troublesome NAGP can be at frustrating a deal with the U-6 medical care. He was doing the country a service in sharing the info which was already largely public.

This isn't the type of leaking we'd see if you had Minister for Justice Dessie Ellis. Where files would be handed over to bald headed hardshaws in some grimy Belfast pub.

If you guys are not stopped ANY Taoiseach can pass files to whosever they want if they think it is in the national interest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

I can’t believe this is still a thing. My husband is a prominent member of Fine Gael and he says that Leo just happens to be extremely personable and trusting with his friends, hardly the behaviour of a tin pot African dictator.

Honestly this forum is just full of cranks and trolls. Reading it is like lifting up a rock and seeing the worms scuttle about underneath.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Very entertaining to see how many people were predicting that this was the end of Varadkar. The end of this government. A massive scandal. Basing the levels of outrage on their own online twitter bubble where people spend their days retweeting cranks Mick Caul and Paddy Cosgrave.

Big smile on my face reading this thread watching the initial glee now turn to anger as your dreams were dashed and the world moves on. :)

I can't understand why the FGbots stay on the thread if they're convinced the story is over?

I can’t believe this is still a thing. My husband is a prominent member of Fine Gael and he says that Leo just happens to be extremely personable and trusting with his friends, hardly the behaviour of a tin pot African dictator.

Honestly this forum is just full of cranks and trolls. Reading it is like lifting up a rock and seeing the worms scuttle about underneath.

Of all things ive heard about varadkar,personable is not one thing ive heard him.called

He's viewed as aloof/standoffish/extremly introverted within FG, none of which are flaws,but personable he is not

(Same applies to pearse doherty too,by all accounts,but this deosnt negate from eithers ability to do the job)

'Lifting rocks'? You and Brendan Bendar would get right along.

Of all things ive heard about varadkar,personable is not one thing ive heard him.called

He's viewed as aloof/standoffish/extremly introverted within FG, none of which are flaws,but personable he is not

(Same applies to pearse doherty too,by all accounts,but this deosnt negate from eithers ability to do the job)

Well maybe he just happens to be good friends with my hubby.

You couldnt get us a few confidential.documents by any chance?

I hear hes good for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

'Lifting rocks'? You and Brendan Bendar would get right along.

They're married. ;-) Meet the missus.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

You couldnt get us a few confidential.documents by any chance?

I hear hes good for it

What's your home address?

What's your home address?

123 main street

Blaaville

Free state

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

I can't understand why the FGbots stay on the thread if they're convinced the story is over?

Comedy value. Innit.

• Advertisement

Comedy value. Innit.

I stayed away from bulletin boards for years because I was worried they were full of Star Trek nerds and beatniks.

Hmm.

After all the attempts to discredit this thread, maybe its time to re-state the facts.

A confidential document was leaked by Varadker, while he was Taoiseach, to a friend of his.

This is the first and most pertinent fact. Admitted to by Varadker.

Varadker himself has said he regrets doing it and Martin has said he was wrong to have done it.

Once caught, Varadker and his spinners started to try to minimise the damage by telling half truths/half lies, about what happened.

It was already in the public domain, he was not really a friend, it is not illegal etc.

All debunked by subsequent Dail questions.

And this is not the first allegation of leaking against the same gent.

The bottom line is that he is just not trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Comedy value. Innit.

Thanks for the laughs. You're doing the board a service so don't be going anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Since his election as a td he has never been trust worthy.

I stayed away from bulletin boards for years because I was worried they were full of Star Trek nerds and beatniks.

Hmm.

Going by some of your posts I have read on other threads you may be going away from this board involuntarily.
    Wading in calling other posters trolls is not a key to longevity.

Going by some of your posts I have read on other threads you may be going away from this board involuntarily.
    Wading in calling other posters trolls is not a key to longevity.

Are you threatening to “Jean McConville” me?

Are you threatening to “Jean McConville” me?

Is this another pathetic attempt to have the thread closed?
    Although I understand it's incomprehensible for some, but not everyone that dislikes FG is by default a Shinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

Does he see him more than 2/3 times a year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭VonLuck

Once caught, Varadker and his spinners started to try to minimise the damage by telling half truths/half lies, about what happened.

It was already in the public domain, he was not really a friend, it is not illegal etc.

All debunked by subsequent Dail questions.

Were they all debunked? The first point may be a half truth given that not 100% of it was in the public domain, but I thought he was only a friend of a friend and the legality of it hasn't been confirmed one way or the other.

• Advertisement

VonLuck wrote: »
    Were they all debunked? The first point may be a half truth given that not 100% of it was in the public domain, but I thought he was only a friend of a friend and the legality of it hasn't been confirmed one way or the other.

Half truths and half lies.

When is a friend not a friend?

It is not illegal, just unethical and wrong.

He gave it so it could be used to convince other doctors to join the scheme, but it wasn't passed on to the other doctors.

The Minister for Health had declined to give it to Leo's not-friend, so this not-friend approached the Taoiseach who did provide it without reference to the Health Minister.

Now Leo is no friend of mine, so I wonder would he give me a few confidential documents?

His story is just a load of waffle. He is just not trustworthy, and the more waffle he comes out with the less believable he becomes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement