Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McMurphy wrote: »
    Both Damien English (who'll hopefully not be in the nip) and Marc MacSharry due on with Pat Kenny on NT soon to "talk about the weeks event's" anyone think the largest chunk of their chinwag will be about Leo and his leaky ways?

This'll be good, skin and hair could actually start flying.

Coming up now after the break, time to turn off Bluetooth so I can enjoy the pantomime uninterrupted. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68,720 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Coming up now after the break, time to turn off Bluetooth so I can enjoy the pantomime uninterrupted. :D

:( Louise O'Reilly on Claire's round up the week too with Josepha!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Louise O Reilly and Josepha Madigan on Claire now also.

:( Louise O'Reilly on Claire's round up the week too with Josepha!

Got there before me

Josepha speaking for the public again saying they have accepted Leo's apology.

Niall Collins said same thing on Matt Cooper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭gourcuff

the FG shills claim the public are not interested in this.. slightly disingenuous.

i have often been shocked at leos rise, he was a disaster in health and social protection, seemed a little dim and prone to gaffs, u-turns on policy and in general floated along like a dead fish going with the tide of public opinion...

maybe the perfect example in irish politics of the peter principle..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,036 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Nobotty wrote: »
    Gardai have to investigate every complaint
    Its very very unlikely that these ones will go anywhere IMO unless there's concrete evidence other than screengrabs of whatsapps
    Those coming from Bowes phone are unverifiable unless All whatsapp records are sequestered
    Not sure if Paddy and Chay have thought of that one
    If there's any evidence of those two conspiring to create this story,it will show there
    They better not have anything like that on their whatsapp conversations. It could be that they are only interested in sowing seeds here and aren't expecting a garda case
    But like I've said all through,that's just monumental incompetence, they should have waited untill an election campaign
    Grudges alone,which they certainly have in abundance are not enough
    You need solid evidence
    If gardai don't prosecute they're toast

Just being realistic

They have all relevant whatsapp records (A criminal trial will use whatsapp db on your phone & can verify that, they wont be using screenshots). The whatsapp db will also have a record of the phone numbers involved in conversation - not just whatever name you've saved a phone no. as. Phone numbers themselves are easily verified.

We also have an admission from Leo Varadkar that he did send the contract to MOT.

And all civil service and govt departments will keep records & communications as is their policy - so gardai can enquire and obtain those relevant also.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

For a story that was supposed to be dead nobody told Newstalk and Claire Byrne who are both covering it now simultaneously. Its nicely set up to run into the weekend.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For a story that was supposed to be dead nobody told Newstalk and Claire Byrne who are both covering it now simultaneously. Its nicely set up to run into the weekend.

Sunday mainstream papers might be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Muahahaha wrote: »

Plus Chay Bowes and the village both claiming more to come too, so I guess we'll have to wait and see if there's any veracity to their claims.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Sunday mainstream papers might be interesting.

They might.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,413 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ha ha ha, do you guys like to be reminded of the Maria Bailey (it will be over in a week) predictions?

Maria who?

I remember the predictions from that story as well.
    Apparently, the government was going to fall over it..
    Face it Mark, there is more to come here, one way or another. And I LOVE the fact that it will involve, very blatantly, FG and FF squirming and avoiding accountability.

More to come? What is more to come? Do tell.... or is it just more bluffing.

markodaly wrote: »
    Maria who?

I remember the predictions from that story as well.
    Apparently, the government was going to fall over it..

The stand out memory is the frequent posts by the FG members that it would all blow over, nothing to see here etc etc.

More to come? What is more to come? Do tell.... or is it just more bluffing.

More forensic inquiry into what Varadkar was up to.

The stand out memory is the frequent posts by the FG members that it would all blow over, nothing to see here etc etc.

Again, Maria who?
    More forensic inquiry into what Varadkar was up to.

Oh, you mean stuff that will take time, months at least?

gourcuff wrote: »
    the FG shills claim the public are not interested in this..

If you are going to complain about FG 'shills' are you also going to take aim at the top 3 posters of this thread, all of them SF supporters and voters?

fqqjxZJ.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

Again, Maria who?

?
    funny how you turn on your own ;)

Again, Maria who?

I'm picturing Tony Soprano here...'She is dead to me' :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Bailey

Oh, you mean stuff that will take time, months at least?

Months of damage to brand FG and Leo.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

If you are going to complain about FG 'shills' are you also going to take aim at the top 3 posters of this thread, all of them SF supporters and voters?

fqqjxZJ.png

How do you know which way people vote?

Maybe they are just putting up a counter narrative to the FFG fanboy one.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

timmyntc wrote: »
    They have all relevant whatsapp records (A criminal trial will use whatsapp db on your phone & can verify that, they wont be using screenshots). The whatsapp db will also have a record of the phone numbers involved in conversation - not just whatever name you've saved a phone no. as. Phone numbers themselves are easily verified.

We also have an admission from Leo Varadkar that he did send the contract to MOT.

And all civil service and govt departments will keep records & communications as is their policy - so gardai can enquire and obtain those relevant also.

They can do all the above
    But for criminal prosecution,the first thing they will have to do is determine if the document was at the time covered by cabinet confidentiality
    They'll also have to determine who had the authority to share it
    Both of those are where this prosecution can't proceed IMO
    So what are we left with ? 3 more years of Vradakar going on about him being a deal maker and 2 more years of his presidential style as Taoiseach

If I was talking to either Paddy or Chad,I'd be giving them a piece of my mind for mucking up the timing on this
    Closer to an election was the time
    Now all we are going to hear if there's no prosecution is,the law wasn't broken and his motivation was sound
    Monumental mistakes by the village IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

grayzer75 wrote: »

What's the relevance of this? Did we leak confidential and commercially sensitive documents to our mates like Leo Varadkar?

• Advertisement

grayzer75 wrote: »

These three posters are near or thereabouts at the top of any thread involving FG and SF.

Indeed most of them have admitted who they have voted for.
    But of course, it is always the first time they voted for SF... ;)

Jesus Christ these lads are doing themselves no favours.

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/1324684234179727368?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    What's the relevance of this? Did we leak confidential and commercially sensitive documents to our mates like Leo Varadkar?

If a poster is complaining about FG shills, then surely one can look at the post count of posters and see who the actual shills are and for what side/party.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

Jesus Christ these lads are doing themselves no favours.

https://twitter.com/AodhanORiordain/status/1324684234179727368?s=19

Stupid is as stupid does.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

To the best of my knowledge, the commercial information was already well in the public domain at the time
    Thats not an accusation we can make
    HOWEVER the glimmer of hope would be that he has done this since and even better during this government eg nphet stuff not yet decided at cabinet
    Remember that Would come under cabinet confidentiality and he is not Taoiseach, so he better not have done that

If a poster is complaining about FG shills, then surely one can look at the post count of posters and see who the actual shills are and for what side/party.

I have no loyalty. When/if Sinn Fein are in power and making a balls of it I will be taking shots at them too. But until then I'll call out corruption and incompetence in the government.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nobotty wrote: »
    To the best of my knowledge, the commercial information was already well in the public domain at the time
    Thats not an accusation we can make
    HOWEVER the glimmer of hope would be that he has done this since and even better during this government eg nphet stuff not yet decided at cabinet
    Remember that Would come under cabinet confidentiality and he is not Taoiseach, so he better not have done that

it wasn't. the opposition minister for health couldn't even get a copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have no loyalty. When/if Sinn Fein are in power and making a balls of it I will be taking shots at them too. But until then I'll call out corruption and incompetence in the government.

If calling out government corruption and incompetence makes one a SF shill then I must be one as well. *Waves at francie*

This really is embarrassing. She is changing her story as she talks and contradicts herself multiple times. For her own sake and potential clients I hope she's still not giving legal advice.

https://twitter.com/caulmick/status/1324686258472390658?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

If calling out government corruption and incompetence makes one a SF shill then I must be one as well. *Waves at francie*

#MeToo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement