Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Did the whole country, bar me, have his number?*

*They certainly have his number now! :)

Sure we all had your number long ago Francie.
    Tuesday will be a busy day with scurrying all over the city, Dail to convention centre I see.
    Costly on the taxpayer as the convention centre has to be paid for and those extra mileage expenses too.
    Looks like SF didn't put much thought into the timing, or maybe they did, mula talks i suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,751 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Tuesday will be a busy day with scurrying all over the city, Dail to convention centre I see.
    Costly on the taxpayer as the convention centre has to be paid for and those extra mileage expenses too.
    Looks like SF didn't put much thought into the timing, or maybe they did, mula talks i suppose.

Always the shinners fault. :)

'Sit on the fence, or hurl from the ditch', they say, 'do nothing in opposition' they scream...'what's the point of them?', they mutter.

Now the shinners are wasting money. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This cost we all keep hearing about. Are you saying accountability and integrity of public office at the highest levels is not worth the costs of dail q&a? Also what is the additional cost? It's brought up so much I assume there's a ballpark figure.

smurgen wrote: »
    This cost we all keep hearing about. Are you saying accountability and integrity of public office at the highest levels is not worth the costs of dail q&a? Also what is the additional cost? It's brought up so much I assume there's a ballpark figure.

The cost of the convention centre plus expenses I assume.
    There will i assume be full attendance for the vote.

Can you tell us what government event was ever cancelled because of the cost?

This is a bull**** call Bish and demeans anyone using 'cost' as a way to avoid scrutiny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Gooey Looey

Since when has cost ever been an issue?

I thought we were told that the convention center was given rent free?

Can you tell us what government event was ever cancelled because of the cost?

This is a bull**** call Bish and demeans anyone using 'cost' as a way to avoid scrutiny.

Tuesday and leaders questions is in the Dáil.
    I think they could've waited for a day that the convention centre was booked,it would have saved a few euro is all I'm saying and dragged it on for a day or two extra even for them.

I thought we were told that the convention center was given rent free?

25000 a day I'm told, might be wrong.

I think they could've waited for a day that the convention centre was booked,it would have saved a few euro is all I'm saying and dragged it on for a day or two extra even for them.

Do you think they did it purposefully waste the few bob or did the thought ever occur that there might be logistical reasons for it?

BTW I very much doubt SF have control of the timing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Expenses were never a concern for Dara Murphy or his buddy Leo.

25000 a day I'm told, might be wrong.

You're wrong ya.

Another defamation case this time against Paddy Cosgrave calling him a law breaker that Dear Leader isn't gonna bother with.It's almost like he's not bothering because he knows he'd lose.

https://www.businesspost.ie/ireland/varadkar-holds-silence-on-cosgrave-lawbreaker-claim-ce93b0b0?auth=login

You're wrong ya.

Yes, it's not the centre that costs, its the logistics.
    https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/0703/1151219-convention-centre-costs/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Yeah his flagrant disregarding of the law for his mates is evident from his text to the brother of the FG Councillor, saying he is bound by having signed cabinet handbook to observe collective responsibility and cabinet confidentiality.

I'm not sure how anyone who is aware of these actions could view him with confidence. Their own reputations will be further damaged for backing him. He's not worth that agro to anyone, he will be stood down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

Very interesting article -

Michael Noonan says that leaks from the Cabinet are breach of the Official State Secrets Act.

Flanagan discussed leaks with senior gardai and there is not doubt they are a 'criminal offence' .

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ministers-warned-cabinet-leaks-are-a-criminal-offence-36891174.html?__twitter_impression=true

WicklaWolf wrote: »

Michael Noonan says that leaks from the Cabinet are breach of the Official State Secrets Act.

Flanagan discussed leaks with senior gardai and there is not doubt they are a 'criminal offence' .

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/ministers-warned-cabinet-leaks-are-a-criminal-offence-36891174.html?__twitter_impression=true

Not only that but this was mentioned in the context of a casual conversation that leaked info. Imagine what Flanagan would have made of leaking an actual full document?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Sounds like that could have been Leo undermining Simon as well.

Maybe Simon looks so pathetic and weak because he always does things by the book and follows protocol. God it must be hard to get things done if your superior is going behind your back constantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Very interesting indeed, this might be relevant in the near future.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 105 ✭✭lemonTrees

In other news the grass is green.

It's now going to be extremely risky to back Varadkar given the unknown items yet to come out.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1325406661691977728?s=19

It's now going to be extremely risky to back Varadkar given the unknown items yet to come out.

Will Leo jump before it or be pushed or are they going to brazen it out.

Who was saying it was 'going away?'

• Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hope there might be a little discussion about Leo's troubles on the week in politics albeit, Robert Troy is the studio guest, not sure how long I could stomach that

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Imagine if they drop a bombshell in the moments before the VONC?

I'd say there's some backbenchers in FF that might be fairly nervous this week, and will the greens just do as they're told as per usual?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tbf, it's only staying in the limelight because Village have been saying there is "more to come" which so far, hasn't really materialised.

Let's see what comes on Monday, but if it's still just wishy washy texts between MOT and Bowes and nothing else - I can't see this going on much longer.

I think the Village are releasing stuff that is slowly choking Leo and FG here.

The latest release give nobody any recourse to the 'it was an honest mistake' excusing. He knew perfectly well exactly what he was doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

Talking about shares after the break on TWIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Tbf, it's only staying in the limelight because Village have been saying there is "more to come" which so far, hasn't really materialised.

Let's see what comes on Monday, but if it's still just wishy washy texts between MOT and Bowes and nothing else - I can't see this going on much longer.

Extremely debatable, that text between Gavin Tobin and Varadkar really nails his his nonsense about error of judgement etc - he knew what he was doing was going behind other ministers backs, and he knew it was against "the handbook"

The village magazine are a business with a reputation to uphold, looks like they have been sitting on other stuff for a while and have been releasing it strategically.

They were saying more to come tomorrow on Thursday, then on Friday the motion of no confidence was raised, so my guess is that it's no coincidence that they are now saying they will be publishing something serious the day before the vote.

It's entertaining anyway that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭ooter

What's the story with Alan Kelly, where is the geezer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,977 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

ooter wrote: »
    What's the story with Alan Kelly, where is the geezer?

O, I'd say he's stirring the pot gently down in Tipp :), aine lawlor giving Troy a spanking, almost as enjoyable as Leo squirming in the Dail last week :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement