Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,888 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

markodaly wrote: »
    This is the most pertinent point in the whole article.
    So in summary the Tánaiste has solemnly told the Dáil he met Ó Tuathail “two or three times a year”. And this was particularly relevant for it characterised their relationship: Ó Tuathail was “the kind of friend I would meet two or three times a year”[/QUOTE]

They contradict each other in the same paragraph.

Leo didn't say he met him 2-3 times a year, he said the nature of their friendships was that they were friends but not close friends, but friends never the less, "the kind of friend you would meet 2-3 times a year"....

I feel sorry for the people who take that line literally.

The Village has built their entire article around this basic misunderstanding.
    Amateur hour from them.

well no they area saying 2-3a year is very different to atleast 10 in 7 months, but the Village could have put these questions to the Taoiseach's press people and it would have allowed them a more solid story.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/noelrock/status/1325822056995418113?s=21

Thread from Noel Rock debunking a number of these alleged meetings, with proof.

LOL.... but it could have happened right? Maybe they met at the toilet in Baldonell Airport?
    Or a circle K on the way to the airport!?

GUILTY!!! :mad::mad:

:D:D

This Bowes fellow that Cosgrave seems to have become good friends with recently is a very interesting chap. Has a lot of unusual views on things like Russian influence in Europe, the nefarious activities of people of the Jewish faith etc.

This is now turning into a fiasco. Did one lad around here mention he was taking a day off to enjoy the new ‘leaks’ from the Village? What a waste of time!

Chay Bowes is a supporter of Russian aggression in Ukraine and publicly tweeted his support for the annexation of Crimea by Russia.

He doesn't seem like a happy guy.

Bowie wrote: »
    Pointing out the hole in LV's claim he was looking to bring more GP's on board.

What is the real motivation so?
    A house in the Cayman Islands? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    As you said nothing beats licking your wounds with a bit of good old whataboutery.

Sinn Féin PR strategists have dropped the ball again. If they had half a wit about them they would start concentrating on critiquing the governments' policies and strategies, as opposed to wasting their own time on convoluted cranks looking to get a bit of media exposure. They keep on making their own poor decisions, this is what worries me most. Every whim or straw they clutch at makes them look more gormless.

No.

FG have dropped the ball again and handed SF yet more ammunition to fire at them and we all know SF have lashings of experience firing ammunition (am I doing this blah blah gunmen allusion thing correctly?).

FG strategists have messed up if they think attacking SF is the way to go, whatabout isn't working. It's like a recruiting campaign for SF.

And there in lies the crux - if FG stop being... well...FGish then SF won't have any reason to be sniping (another gunman allusion there for the cheap seats).

What you have trouble understanding is that I - and many other here - do not support SF so attack SF away dear boy. I don't vote for them.

Nor are SF the only party who will be voting against LV tomorrow. He has actually managed to unite the Opposition. That could yet be his greatest political achievement.

Leo Varadker. The man who killed FF and united the Left.

:D

• Advertisement

Rock has the time of the EU meeting wrong, according to the EU's own website the meeting began at 18.00 hours Brussels time.

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/meetings/european-council/2019/06/30/

You didn't read the tweet did you?

He stated that Leo was in an EPP pre-meeting, at 4 pm Brussels time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,866 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Cleared up long ago Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Was it? You’ll have to shed some light here.

Leo had done enough to warrant a MoNC supported by the two major opposition parties.

I heard Pearse today after this latest release from the Village and it didn't factor into his main criticism at all.

A MoNC has functions other than getting rid of somebody. This one is causing political discomfort and damage across the Dáil.

But a Motion of No Confidence rarely fails, Francie!! :D:D

Was it? You’ll have to shed some light here.

I accepted the correction long ago Johnny.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Rock also fabricates a message himself in 'debunking' -

Rock tweets - En Route - to fit his spin when no such words appear in the message. The words were - meeting leo - could be later, could be next day.

Rock is a clown.

Good, so, therefore, this latest story by the Village has more holes in it, than swiss cheese.
    If they get basic verifiable facts wrong, how can we trust them?

But a Motion of No Confidence rarely fails, Francie!! :D:D

Yes, it rarely fails to put pressure on coalition partners Mark. It rarely fails to embarrass either. Everyone gets a chance to say what they think in the debate.
    Hard to dispell that.

You going to go all politically naive again? Have at it. I won't be playing along on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

joemurt wrote: »
    Rock also fabricates a message himself in 'debunking' -

Rock tweets - En Route - to fit his spin when no such words appear in the message. The words were - meeting leo - could be later, could be next day.

Maybe it was a zoom meeting;)

Good, so, therefore, this latest story by the Village has more holes in it, than swiss cheese.
    If they get basic verifiable facts wrong, how can we trust them?

Do you trust Leo? Because what he told the Dáil last week...the 'fairy tales' as his coaliton partner called it has landed him in a MoNC.

Can you trust what Leo told the Dáil Mark?

No data on which to base that comment.

This followed by
    SF made their No Confidence motion on foot of what Leo has already done. The 'damage' is done. The 'support' will fall again.

This.. to quote you...
    No data on which to base that comment.

You should really really really try to be consistent Francie. ;)

This followed by

This.. to quote you...

You should really really really try to be consistent Francie. ;)

Difference is, one is my opinion. Which even in Markland I am entitled to.

The other was one of our posters invoking 'the people', for which he had no data to back up.

Do you trust Leo? Because what he told the Dáil last week...the 'fairy tales' as his coaliton partner called it has landed him in a MoNC.

Can you trust what Leo told the Dáil Mark?

I trust him more than the Village Magazine and Paddy Cosgrave, that is for sure.

As I said, before, what is the truth to this story?
    He gave the NGAP the agreement to get more GP's over the line.... or...... something more devious, mysterious, something like a Tom Clancy novel? Or maybe House of Cards??

You don't know, you don't have a clue but you want criminal investigation carried out, and Leo's Bank accounts looked at to see if there is any dirt.

The Irish Clinton email scandal in full show here, and we can see who the Trump supporters are in this one

Difference is, one is my opinion. Which even in Markland I am entitled to.

You can have your own opinions for sure, like how you stated incorrectly that Motions of no Confidence rarely fails..... and how this WILL lead to a fall in support for Leo.... something that cannot be proved.

You are not entitled to your own facts though.
    You are very quick to pull people up on this, yet have no problem doing this type of 'my opinion is fact' type of posting....

Do as I say, not as I do..hmmm?

Just skimmed through the latest village article. Have been looking at the ‘who benefited from Varadkars criminal leak’ from the wrong angle with the latest message screenshots. Major revelation is Varadkar was (still is?) a member of the IMO.

‘’Leo is IMO. was a member.’’ Tried to get MOT to join IMO apparently.

What work did IMO do for Leo? What was MOT referring to in the message? And why are the IMO still silent?

Is this why a union that represents only 20 of GPs in Ireland had a monopoly on negotiating a contract with the Gov?
    Excluding a union with twice as many members never made sense, other than Varadkar doing a favour for his current/former union buddies?

Did Varadkars IMO benefit from the collapse of the NAGP? Yes.
    Did Varadkar and Fine Gael denying NAGP a seat at the negotiation table damage the NAGP financially? Yes, members delayed membership fees resulting in winding up.

Direct questions Varadkar needs to be asked -
    Did he ever ask MOT to join IMO?
    V ever meet with Bowes? When and why?
    V ever meet MOT with ODon or Harris, When and why?
    Did V ever discuss vote gate with MOT?
    Why would MOT have access to the finance min if he did meet with ODonoghue?
    Has V or any Minister ever met with MOT regards DP contracts?
    As a former member of the IMO has Varadkar ever given preferential treatment/benefits to that organization?
    Did Varadkar and co ever ask MOT to delete communications regarding this event or any other government business?

Questions for Harris ODon Flanagan et all involved - when, why and how many times have they met with MOT regards Gov matters including DP contracts?

Varadkars response is nothing but contempt to the electorate - ''Many of these encounters simply did not happen. The magazine has its facts wrong again. We are not going to make any further comment.”

A public servant, an elected representative, paid by the taxpayer, is done with this. Everyone stf,u seems to be their approach now?

Or is it because the garda are now involved?

Varadkar and his former union the IMO. Tut, tut.

• Advertisement

smurgen wrote: »
    People wonder why infrastructure projects in this country come in at multiples of the tendering process cost and there's never the political will for accountability. Would all make you wonder.

Go on, whats your thesis?

I trust him more than the Village Magazine and Paddy Cosgrave, that is for sure.

As I said, before, what is the truth to this story?
    He gave the NGAP the agreement to get more GP's over the line.... or...... something more devious, mysterious, something like a Tom Clancy novel? Or maybe House of Cards??

You don't know, you don't have a clue but you want criminal investigation carried out, and Leo's Bank accounts looked at to see if there is any dirt.

The Irish Clinton email scandal in full show here, and we can see who the Trump supporters are in this one

Bottomline here as I told Maryanne - regardless of the Village and what they now do, the main opposition parties 'do not trust' his story.

Own it. tomorrow is Leo's day, if he was 'trusted', tomorrow would just be a normal day.

And to clarify the convention center expenses some are concerned with;

Opposition motion of no confidence vote is held in the dail - no expense

Government motion of vote of confidence is held in conference centre - very expensive

Gov will be responsible for ripping off the tax payer again just to undercut the vote of no confidence with their own motion. Absolutely no problem with pissing money up against a wall when it comes to the tax payer.

You can have your own opinions for sure, like how you stated incorrectly that Motions of no Confidence rarely fails..... and how this WILL lead to a fall in support for Leo.... something that cannot be proved.

You are not entitled to your own facts though.
    You are very quick to pull people up on this, yet have no problem doing this type of 'my opinion is fact' type of posting....

Do as I say, not as I do..hmmm?

There is no onus on me to prove my opinions Mark. I believe there will be a fall in support for Leo in the next polls taking this episode into account.

Chat to you then about.

*P.S. As predicted my opinion that you would go all politically naive and literal re: the intention of MoNC has turned out to be spot on.

Bottomline here as I told Maryanne - regardless of the Village and what they now do, the main opposition parties 'do not trust' his story.

Own it. tomorrow is Leo's day, if he was 'trusted', tomorrow would just be a normal day.

The opposition parties can do what they want, they are as good as chocolate tea-pot.

Tomorrow will be a day of bluster and soundbites from the opposition, trying to stir up a bit of agro..and then, the sun will set and the government moves on to actually running the country, while the opposition will get to go home and think up the next scandal.

There is no onus on me to prove my opinions Mark.

LOL, just LOL.

The opposition parties can do what they want, they are as good as chocolate tea-pot.

Tomorrow will be a day of bluster and soundbites from the opposition, trying to stir up a bit of agro..and then, the sun will set and the government moves on to actually running the country, while the opposition will get to go home and think up the next scandal.

The next episode of chaos in the form of a FG appointee (an 'appointee not an appointee appointee' :)) has arrived already. Making it almost continual chaos and **** up since the start.

Senior hurling. :)

The next episode of chaos in the form of a FG appointee (an 'appointee not an appointee appointee' :)) has arrived already. Making it almost continual chaos and **** up since the start.

Senior hurling. :)

Then best to post about it in the relevant thread.
    You can give us your minute by minute account of the story..... as it unfolds. :pac:

Then best to post about it in the relevant thread.
    You can give us your minute by minute account of the story..... as it unfolds. :pac:

I didn't post about it here...I just mentioned it was here as a story.

The Neverending Story. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

joemurt wrote: »
    Just skimmed through the latest village article. Have been looking at the ‘who benefited from Varadkars criminal leak’ from the wrong angle with the latest message screenshots. Major revelation is Varadkar was (still is?) a member of the IMO.

‘’Leo is IMO. was a member.’’ Tried to get MOT to join IMO apparently.

What work did IMO do for Leo? What was MOT referring to in the message? And why are the IMO still silent?

Is this why a union that represents only 20 of GPs in Ireland had a monopoly on negotiating a contract with the Gov?
    Excluding a union with twice as many members never made sense, other than Varadkar doing a favour for his current/former union buddies?

Did Varadkars IMO benefit from the collapse of the NAGP? Yes.
    Did Varadkar and Fine Gael denying NAGP a seat at the negotiation table damage the NAGP financially? Yes, members delayed membership fees resulting in winding up.

Direct questions Varadkar needs to be asked -
    Did he ever ask MOT to join IMO?
    V ever meet with Bowes? When and why?
    V ever meet MOT with ODon or Harris, When and why?
    Did V ever discuss vote gate with MOT?
    Why would MOT have access to the finance min if he did meet with ODonoghue?
    Has V or any Minister ever met with MOT regards DP contracts?
    As a former member of the IMO has Varadkar ever given preferential treatment/benefits to that organization?
    Did Varadkar and co ever ask MOT to delete communications regarding this event or any other government business?

Questions for Harris ODon Flanagan et all involved - when, why and how many times have they met with MOT regards Gov matters including DP contracts?

Varadkars response is nothing but contempt to the electorate - ''Many of these encounters simply did not happen. The magazine has its facts wrong again. We are not going to make any further comment.”

A public servant, an elected representative, paid by the taxpayer, is done with this. Everyone stf,u seems to be their approach now?

Or is it because the garda are now involved?

Varadkar and his former union the IMO. Tut, tut.

It sounds as though we need a 300m tribunal to get to the bottom of this.
    If not it has the makings of a good script for a movie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement