Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

joemurt wrote: »
    And to clarify the convention center expenses some are concerned with;

Opposition motion of no confidence vote is held in the dail - no expense

Government motion of vote of confidence is held in conference centre - very expensive

Gov will be responsible for ripping off the tax payer again just to undercut the vote of no confidence with their own motion. Absolutely no problem with pissing money up against a wall when it comes to the tax payer.

I'm confused about this - it has to be in the conference centre because all the TD's are required to be present so social distancing comes into play.
    But it's a political point-scoring exercise by SF so they are the ones who are willing to waste the taxpayer's expense, knowing full well that it's going to fail.

As they are the best-funded party on the island, perhaps they could use some of their "inheritance" to shell out for their little soiree on our behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

As a citizen of the Republic ... I will wait in the long grass. These people that are TDs will be met with shock when they next ask for my vote. I will wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Has MOT spoke about his meetings with Leo in the last week or has he gone to ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

markodaly wrote: »
    Lovely! Always a little bit of curtain-twitching and a little bit of homophobia to boot as well.

Sounds like someone wanting to shut down the thread. One post too. Probably one of your lads

• Registered Users Posts: 26,979 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Just completely out of curiosity why exactly was Leo's partner meeting the protagonists in this story at a Pub whilst Leo in Brussels? Seems curious at best?

The government definitely in defence mode with this added nonsense about the convention centre, the cynic in me thinks it a deliberate attempt to heap blame in SF for additional costs. It astonishes me that in 2020 and with ample time to implement, some sort of verifyable electronic voting system has not been introduced, I don't bye this constitutional nonsense about all TD'S having to be in one place at a time, there has been pairing arrangements in place for decades.

Anyway, the supreme Court debacle is ironically going to make the Leo leak seem irrelevant, Leo will be sweating over his nomination of Seamus Wolfe to the court.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

Scoondal wrote: »
    As a citizen of the Republic ... I will wait in the long grass. These people that are TDs will be met with shock when they next ask for my vote. I will wait.

Get indoors, we are facing a long govt stint here, you'll catch your death.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

4/5 pages of FFGer's stating that this story has run its course, it's over. Strange for HQ to have you wasting that much time on a non-story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

4/5 pages of FFGer's stating that this story has run its course, it's over. Strange for HQ to have you wasting that much time on a non-story.

It's certainly not a non story, a serious breach of protocol has taken place at least.
    But no one wants an election and maybe the leak will now cop himself on.
    It's of course been over embellished by the publishers and instigator of the article too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Why is there this strange hang up on this forum that anyone with a different opinion must be getting paid by someone or being under direction from "HQ"? Are people incapable of having honest debate with different viewpoints or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Just completely out of curiosity why exactly was Leo's partner meeting the protagonists in this story at a Pub whilst Leo in Brussels? Seems curious at best

From the Sunday Indo article MoT and Dr Barrett were good friends who interned in st Vincent's hospital together
    As all this is a year and a half ago,MoT bringing along some Daddy figure he likes wouldn't be unusual
    Plus he seems to want to impress this Daddy with all his connections IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭grayzer75

It's certainly not a non story, a serious breach of protocol has taken place at least.
    It's of course been over embellished by the publishers and instigator of the article too though.

The fact the nobody wants an election isn't a good enough reason why the leak shouldn't be held to account of what he has done.

FG should have moved quickly to deal with this internally instead of a conveyor of yes men / women being paraded on every media outlet to sing the praises of the Leak.

Move the Leak on and put Coveney in charge and FG would be much better for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

I'd quite fancy an election. This coalition has been 100% farce since the beginning. Who decided no one wants one??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

I'd quite fancy an election. This coalition has been 100% farce since the beginning. Who decided no one wants one??

Maybe write them a nice letter, dude, and your wish might come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,867 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobody should be allowed away with undermining the state just because of the chances of an election.

There is no problem with Leo stepping aside and allowing a full investigation to take place.
    If the government collapses it will be because some party (unable to accept demcoracy) decided to do that, so the blame can lie with them.

Nobotty wrote: »
    From the Sunday Indo article MoT and Dr Barrett were good friends who interned in st Vincent's hospital together
    As all this is a year and a half ago,MoT bringing along some Daddy figure he likes wouldn't be unusual
    Plus he seems to want to impress this Daddy with all his connections IMO

And Chay Bowes? Did he intern with Mot and Leo's partner, I still find it very curious why this meeting took place and the timing certainly curious?

And Chay Bowes? Did he intern with Mot and Leo's partner, I still find it very curious why this meeting took place and the timing certainly curious?

Define a meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

if the GP was exaggerating his influence to Chay Bowes why? he wasn't his boss? yet... looking for a job? this Community Health Ireland thing
    MOT needed Bowes on board the partnership in order to stay in business. They were looking for opportunities in the private healthcare area.

This is why he kept spoofing about having high politicial connections. Without Bowes on board, MOT had nothing.

The document from Varadkar was a last-ditch effort to save the NAGP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

I don't think Bowes is a doctor at all
    Just someone MoT needed to impress
    It was clearly a garden path but with no garden at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 9,339 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

FFG have been campaigning hard on behalf of the Opposition for 130 days!
    Now is not the time for an election.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

Mary Lou McDonald chewing up Pat Kenny's bull**** on Newstalk at the minute.

Silenced him on the moral difference between naming people in the Dáil and leaking confidential info to a friend.

• Advertisement

Silenced him on the moral difference between naming people in the Dáil and leaking confidential info to a friend.

More like he’s letting her talk herself into a hole.

More like he’s letting her talk herself into a hole.

Her summary of what will be asked of those who pay lip service to reform this evening was excellent.

Pretty clear that the finger will be pointed at the FF and Green guys and gals this evening. Voting for Varadkar will have to be done through gritted teeth.

Define a meeting.

Not sure what your point is, a meeting is an organised gathering of more than one, I again ask what was the purpose of Leo's partner meeting MOT? (put the weak friendship point aside), now throw Bowls presence in the mix and it certainly raises a question or two. Was Leo's partner a messaging boy, was he sent to take notes, pass on info to or from Leo?

Barret was very quick to refute Leo being present, not so quick to offer an explanation as to why he was meeting MOT and Bowls at a time that seems questionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

Eoin O’Brien and Jennifer McNeil on with Claire byrne now. My god McNeil is a dose. I’ll be watching carefully on who votes to save #leotheleak tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Eoin O’Brien and Jennifer McNeil on with Claire byrne now. My god McNeil is a dose. I’ll be watching carefully on who votes to save #leotheleak tonight.

She put Mr Smug in his box Zed, ripped him off his cosy perch and tore him a new one

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I don't know what interview you were listening to Prin, I heard PK absolutely fillet her.

She put Mr Smug in his box Zed, ripped him off his cosy perch and tore him a new one

Her opening 'zip it' (Claire's summary of what she said, not mine) remarks should be studied by students of democracy everywhere.
    The idea that we should rest on our historic laurels and be silent is as bizarre as it is worrying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Her summary of what will be asked of those who pay lip service to reform this evening was excellent.

Pretty clear that the finger will be pointed at the FF and Green guys and gals this evening. Voting for Varadkar will have to be done through gritted teeth.

There we have it folks.

The vote has nothing to do with Leo Varadkar and everything to do with trying to land a few blows on the coalition partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I don't know what interview you were listening to Prin, I heard PK absolutely fillet her.

Francie was on a different wavelength Padser, signal comes via the Black Mtn. I hear, and filtered through Parnell Sq, on the scrambler.

• Advertisement

padd b1975 wrote: »
    There we have it folks.

The vote has nothing to do with Leo Varadkar and everything to do with trying to land a few blows on the coalition partners.

Is that not what should happen here?

That those who wittered on about reform when not in Government be made to feel very uncomfortable if they endorse this behaviour?

Behaviour they have accepted was 'wrong' but has received zero sanction?

Are you too going to play the 'politically naive' game now? A VoNC is always about more than the the removal of a Minister...always.

FF FG LAB SF Every single one of them play that political game...it is childish and churlish to be getting all sanctimonious nwo because it is SF.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement