Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,857 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

padd b1975 wrote: »
    I don't know what interview you were listening to Prin, I heard PK absolutely fillet her.

Can you tell us where this filleting took place Padd?

What answer was she stuck on?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

A sure sign shes on the rocks is when she trots out the old "let me say this...".

When is she going to apologise and correct the Dáil record regarding her Ansbacher "scoop" which turned out to be complete bull?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

She put Mr Smug in his box Zed, ripped him off his cosy perch and tore him a new one

Can’t agree, she sounds like an equally pompous female version of Leo.

A sure sign shes on the rocks is when she trots out the old "let me say this...".

When is she going to apologise and correct the Dáil record regarding her Ansbacher "scoop" which turned out to be complete bull?

She was excellent in dismissing Pat's excusing of Leo using this incidence.

The nonsense that political parties that have themselves done the wrong thing in the past 'cannot deign to criticise' is a nonsense as there would never be any accountability..ever.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Not sure what your point is, a meeting is an organised gathering of more than one, I again ask what was the purpose of Leo's partner meeting MOT? (put the weak friendship point aside), now throw Bowls presence in the mix and it certainly raises a question or two. Was Leo's partner a messaging boy, was he sent to take notes, pass on info to or from Leo?

Barret was very quick to refute Leo being present, not so quick to offer an explanation as to why he was meeting MOT and Bowls at a time that seems questionable.

To me a meeting is a formal gathering to discuss a business or project, not a group of people meeting in a pub for a few beers.

• Advertisement

The idea that attending a funeral in another jurisdiction when her constituents couldn’t even go to funerals of family members, was the right and sensible thing to do.

The idea that attending a funeral in another jurisdiction when her constituents couldn’t even go to funerals of family members, was the right and sensible thing to do.

So you invent an answer to show that she was stuck on that answer? :):):)

Pure FG tactics on this site...invent something that was said then criticise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

What are you comments on the Garda Funeral
    Maryanne?

The One around the same time. https://www.google.ie/amp/s/amp.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/murdered-garda-colm-horkan-laid-to-rest-after-funeral-in-native-mayo-39303602.html

So you invent an answer to show that she was stuck on that answer? :):):)

Pure FG tactics on this site...invent something that was said then criticise it.

You didn’t actually hear the whole interview, did you?

What?

Can you back up where she said what you claimed?

That isn't what she said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

thomas 123 wrote: »

Both these funerals insulted those who could not attend funerals due to Covid regulations.

They spoke of an attitude of one law for the State and Political Partys and one for the rest.

Can you reply to my question please?

Both these funerals insulted those who could not attend funerals due to Covid regulations.

They spoke of an attitude of one law for the State and Political Partys and one for the rest.

100% agreed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Are you referring to Michael D (with the dodgy mask wearing), Micheal Martin & Simon Coveney attending John Hume's funeral

There we have it folks.

The vote has nothing to do with Leo Varadkar and everything to do with trying to land a few blows on the coalition partners.

when those blows are well deserved, then quite right too.

Exactly and MLMD addressed that and her regrets around it.

She did NOT as Maryanne lied, say it was the correct and right thing to do in that context.

Maryanne caught inventing what somebody said and constructing a criticism of them based on that misrepresentation.

The stock activity of a number of pro FG posters here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Given Chay Bowes extreme pro Russia views, maybe this is the Irish version of Russian interference in our democracy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

seamus wrote: »
    MOT needed Bowes on board the partnership in order to stay in business. They were looking for opportunities in the private healthcare area.

This is why he kept spoofing about having high politicial connections. Without Bowes on board, MOT had nothing.

The document from Varadkar was a last-ditch effort to save the NAGP.

I thought it was Bowes who needed MOT.

Did he not approach MOT in order to get GP support for CHI. He thought NAGP was the better option because they had a larger membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I don't know why you are dragging the funeral of a member of AGS killed on duty into this discussion.

From your own link -

"Castlerea Garda Station Superintendent Goretti Sheridan announced a nationwide minute's silence at the altar at noon and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar paid his respects at Garda Headquarters, while President Michael D Higgins held a vigil at Aras an Uachtarain in Phoenix Park."

elperello wrote: »
    I don't know why you are dragging the funeral of a member of AGS killed on duty into this discussion.

From your own link -

"Castlerea Garda Station Superintendent Goretti Sheridan announced a nationwide minute's silence at the altar at noon and Taoiseach Leo Varadkar paid his respects at Garda Headquarters, while President Michael D Higgins held a vigil at Aras an Uachtarain in Phoenix Park."

Can the same not be said for dragging anyone else’s name/funeral into this discussion or are we still on the one rule for x another rule for y vibe in here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Can the same not be said for dragging anyone else’s name/funeral into this discussion or are we still on the one rule for x another rule for y vibe in here?

Seems that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

What time is the debate?
    Giddy up

• Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Nobotty wrote: »
    What time is the debate?
    Giddy up

Won't be till 7.30 this evening unless the Healy Rae's and Martin delay matters again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

This is a thread about LV leaking information, ie. a political matter.

Colm Horkan was not a political figure.

You should know that members of AGS are precluded by law from any political activity.

Your own link shows that LV and indeed MDH behaved correctly in the ways they chose to honour the deceased.

What was your point?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

What time's the vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

s1ippy wrote: »
    What time's the vote?

Some of the lads here have been looking forward to this day like a child would look forward to Santa. Only now it looks like Santa forgot to buy presents and has passed out on the couch.

This is a thread about LV leaking information, ie. a political matter.

Colm Horkan was not a political figure.

You should know that members of AGS are precluded by law from any political activity.

Your own link shows that LV and indeed MDH behaved correctly in the ways they chose to honour the deceased.

What was your point?

As I am sure you are totally aware my point is nobody’s funeral should be used in an effort to defend LV.

As you are also totally aware - the context of me bringing that particular funeral up was in response to Maryanne raising the point of MLMCD in attendance of a funeral
    In the north around the same time.

They both attended a funeral that broke restrictions at the time. Both incorrect, both wrong, neither should be used to detract from what is being discussed here about LV.

I didn’t bring it up to attack the Garda - just in case that’s where your next point is going.

What was your point?

What’s yours? Now that I’ve pointed the obvious context out too you...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

Some of the lads here have been looking forward to this day like a child would look forward to Santa. Only now it looks like Santa forgot to buy presents and has passed out on the couch.

Happy memories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭hurikane

Right on johnny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement