Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

thomas 123 wrote: »
    As I am sure you are totally aware my point is nobody’s funeral should be used in an effort to defend LV.

As you are also totally aware - the context of me bringing that particular funeral up was in response to Maryanne raising the point of MLMCD in attendance of a funeral
    In the north around the same time.

They both attended a funeral that broke restrictions at the time. Both incorrect, both wrong, neither should be used to detract from what is being discussed here about LV.

I didn’t bring it up to attack the Garda - just in case that’s where your next point is going.
    What’s yours? Now that I’ve pointed the obvious context out too you...

Your discussion with other posters is between you and them.

LV was not at the State Funeral in Charlestown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/state-marks-a-minute-s-silence-for-late-garda-colm-horkan-1.4284722

Again, what is the point of mentioning the funeral of this man, who was killed in the service of the State in this thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Dail Arguing now about time allotted for each side in the VONC.

Gov have tabled a vote of confidence which gives them more time than they otherwise would have had.

They are also arguing over whether to move to the Conference centre.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1326165229017960449?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

what time is this debate kicking off?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,492 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

No word from the AC yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dail Arguing now about time allotted for each side in the VONC.

Gov have tabled a vote of confidence which gives them more time than they otherwise would have had.
    This is standard, every government has done this with all of SF's MONCs (and historically most others).

This arguing over time alloted is all standard political bunfighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,857 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

what time is this debate kicking off?

5.50pm if there are no more debates about procedure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Who is going speaking on behalf of SF? Pearse gets very shrill and the 'I'm in a permanent state of outrage' thing is getting very tiresome at this stage. Maybe Dessie Ellis has a smoking gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭thomas 123

elperello wrote: »
    Your discussion with other posters is between you and them.

LV was not at the State Funeral in Charlestown.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/state-marks-a-minute-s-silence-for-late-garda-colm-horkan-1.4284722

Again, what is the point of mentioning the funeral of this man, who was killed in the service of the State in this thread?

So if my discussion is between other posters and myself why are you talking to me?

I’m not engaging in your efforts to take my post out of the context in which it was written.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Who is going speaking on behalf of SF? Pearse gets very shrill and the 'I'm in a permanent state of outrage' thing is getting very tiresome at this stage. Maybe Dessie Ellis has a smoking gun?

He was very good the last day. Leo was a joke mind. Stutterin' and splutterin'. He looked shook. Here's hoping he has a lucozade or something today to settle himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

smurgen wrote: »

Leo was a joke mind. Stutterin' and splutterin'. He looked shook. Here's hoping he has a lucozade or something today to settle himself.

He was probably trying not to laugh at Pearse Motormouth's ersatz indignation, Aodhan O'Riordan's risible audition for the role of evil Stepfather in the Raheny Drama Society's up and coming production of Cinderella and Catherine Murphy's stammering. I had switched channels before the Healy-Rae and Mattie McGrath circus began but I believe that they were all wearing their comic relief red noses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

He was probably trying not to laugh at Pearse Motormouth's ersatz indignation, Aodhan O'Riordan's risible audition for the role of evil Stepfather in the Raheny Drama Society's up and coming production of Cinderella and Catherine Murphy's stammering. I had switched channels before the Healy-Rae and Mattie McGrath circus began but I believe that they were all wearing their comic relief red noses.

Laugh he looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Like he seen a ghost.
    Annnnnyyyyhoot here's a scan of the document leo passed to MOT.

https://twitter.com/VillageMagIRE/status/1326180376566501381?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭elperello

So if my discussion is between other posters and myself why are you talking to me?

I’m not engaging in your efforts to take my post out of the context in which it was written.

Because you brought the State Funeral into a discussion with another poster does not mean I can't make a point.

What you are doing is not engaging in a discussion with me about something you posted.

It's your decision if you don't want to own what you post.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

https://twitter.com/stelioscontos/status/1325149464957423616?s=19

smurgen wrote: »
    Laugh he looked like he was about to have a panic attack. Like he seen a ghost.
    Annnnnyyyyhoot here's a scan of the document leo passed to MOT.

Password - "SIMPLESIMON", Subtle.

First FFer to out his rather weird moral compass.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1326188722958823425

5.50pm if there are no more debates about procedure.

P O D says time is 5:34pm
    https://twitter.com/PearseDoherty/status/1326170901776396288?s=19

Paddy Cosgrave tweeted how they broke the encryption for the Docs password.

Is this legal?

https://twitter.com/paddycosgrave/status/1326183813605625858?s=19

Marc McSharry has said he will vote with the Gov.

Just a reminder of what these guys are like ;
    Earlier Micheal Martin tweeted that he had just had a call with Joe Biden and emphasised it was a very positive call. He would have been one of the first to do so.

Now hes said he didn't call Joe Biden and his tweet was an error. He's deleted the tweet.

**** sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭gadarnol

Is this legal?

As the document was already in the public domain its not an issue. :D

Is this legal?

He’s really pissed off, isn’t he?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

He’s really pissed off, isn’t he?!

He’s lost the plot to be honest. Huge amounts of saltiness on display. Great to see. Turns out getting likes from the ‘all day crowd’ on Twitter doesn’t account for much in the real world.

Burnt a lot of bridges recently has Paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

markodaly wrote: »
    What is the real motivation so?
    A house in the Cayman Islands? :rolleyes:

I've no idea. Neither do you.
    Yes roll your eyes at the very idea of a crony politician in it for himself.

It wasn't his idea to bring more GP's on board as he was approached.
    He leaked, upon request, a confidential document between the IMO to a rival organisation his pal was head of. That's the smoking gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭mikep

Are Paddy C and MOT buddies?
    both seem to be annoying loudmouths who both have extremely inflated egos...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The idea that attending a funeral in another jurisdiction when her constituents couldn’t even go to funerals of family members, was the right and sensible thing to do.

Are you fierce mad at Charlie Flanagan the Black and Tan man and TD Dara Calleary and *spits* Sinn Fein's Rose Conway Walsh for turning up at Garda Horkan's funeral? Do you not think it's time to let that go and show some respect to the family of the deceased? FG using the dead as a political football to hide Leo's blushes is shameful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Is this legal?

Probably not best practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,331 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

First FFer to out his rather weird moral compass.

https://twitter.com/MichealLehane/status/1326188722958823425

I have seen it all now. That is complete gobshytery.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Dessie was more of an electronics man.

I have seen it all now. That is complete gobshytery.

Sit yourself down, FF will be lining up to give plenty more of it shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭J.O. Farmer

ooter wrote: »
    Probably not best practice.

Theres Probably a standard procedure for that type of thing though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Am I going mad folks, or have a load of posts been deleted? Record wiped clean or is the site not firing on all cylinders today again?

Strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,744 ✭✭✭marieholmfan

He’s lost the plot to be honest. Huge amounts of saltiness on display. Great to see. Turns out getting likes from the ‘all day crowd’ on Twitter doesn’t account for much in the real world.

Burnt a lot of bridges recently has Paddy.

What he is describing is not especially difficult but Cosgrave certainly didn't do it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement