Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Regional Group on side with the government so. Game over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

How dare SF interrupt this Govt in its important work....I feel this attacking SF is going to really backfire on FG

Might even backfire before the end of the week, this Seamus Woulfe issue is going to reach boiling point soon while this leak stuff is still ringing in peoples ears.

I noticed a SF TF was on the radio this morning saying the government needed a plan to 'deal with it', by that I take it SF have decided Woulfe must be impeached. How do the government sack a guy after standing behind Leo Varadkar?

Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

WicklaWolf wrote: »
    Simon Harris was too much tonight. Just anti-SF nonsense. Everyone who thinks Leo should resign is a troll....

Greens will come out of this very poorly.

I vote Soc Dems not SF. Their line of defence which is simply to attack SF is not treating the matter as seriously as it needs to be.

That's were they fail. They forget some folk support, Labour, SD, SF, PBP and want this addressed. Calling them all shinners with a grudge is pretty lazy and ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Wombatman wrote: »
    Regional Group on side with the government so. Game over.

Good, let this disaster circus roll on for a while more, it will be the end of them all once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Simon Harris was too much tonight. Just anti-SF nonsense. Everyone who thinks Leo should resign is a troll....

Greens will come out of this very poorly.

I vote Soc Dems not SF. Their line of defence which is simply to attack SF is not treating the matter as seriously as it needs to be.

I'm the same - a Soc Dem voter.

Voted for SF once in my life and that was Liadh Ní Riada for the European Parliament, and I can't see myself ever voting SF again for a myriad of policy reasons none of which have anything to do with FF,FG,GP - or NI, The Troubles etc etc etc

Words can't even express how utterly pathetic I find this 'whatabout SF' crap.
    It's insulting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Jaysus, enough attacking SF, sick of this, pathetic defence from pathetic defenders.

SF will soon have their go in power and the will be scrutinized in extreme detail, rightly so, they have talked the talk and will soon have to walk the walk.

But Leo lads, Tory Boy is the reason your doing this tonight. Muppets.
    SF were pathetic since this story broke, bringing a vote of no confidence was pathetic when they knew it wasn't going to go their way. I'm delighted to see POD and MLMCD sit down and listen without being able to interrupt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Did Leo break covid rules by having friends over to Farmleigh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Peadar Tóibín with a Covid regulations breach torpedo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Bullocks wrote: »
    SF were pathetic since this story broke, bringing a vote of no confidence was pathetic when they knew it wasn't going to go their way. I'm delighted to see POD and MLMCD sit down and listen without being able to interrupt

We have different ideas of what pathetic is ,clearly.

It's a lonely boat you row here tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,654 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Jaysus, enough attacking SF, sick of this, pathetic defence from pathetic defenders.

SF will soon have their go in power and the will be scrutinized in extreme detail, rightly so, they have talked the talk and will soon have to walk the walk.

But Leo lads, Tory Boy is the reason your doing this tonight. Muppets.

The thing is that they have turned this into a SF bashing session because they have the numbers in the government, they really don't need to defend Varadkar and the government are letting of steam by having a go at SF. This is their moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Same here and agree with the childish nature of the political debate.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

This is pathetic. What a disgrace of a debate. I've honestly never seen a worse debate. 110 minutes of attacking sinn fein pretty much ignoring everything about the matter of hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

smurgen wrote: »

Harris is the archetypal Blueshirt Youth

Btw, Biden is a Shinner

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

We have different ideas of what pathetic is ,clearly.

It's a lonely boat you row here tonight.

Pathetic a strong word but there aren't any winners here, including SF.

It will get tallied up as yet another MONC they have tabled that has failed to pass. The coming weeks and months will tell us who bears the label of most pathetic out of all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,853 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Man complaining about blackening other parties, blackens other party.

Have a scone there Richard. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Btw, Biden is a Shinner

He may give that impression but he’s a centrist. His policies are far closer to FG than SF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

Bruton at it too - This attack is way too much and out of proportion.

"fake news" and "echo chamber of social media"

People are genuinely concerned about honesty and accountability in politics.

FG are coming out of this terribly!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This is pathetic. What a disgrace of a debate. I've honestly never seen a worse debate. 110 minutes of attacking sinn fein pretty much ignoring everything about the matter of hand.

Agreed. FG look absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

I'm voting Sinn Fein for the first time in my life next election.

Btw, Biden is a Shinner

Irish establishment:

1960s - SF are communists

1970s - SF are right wing Catholics

1980s - SF are godless atheists

1990s - SF are druggies

2000s - SF are anti-business

2010s - SF are not a normal party who live in the past, but they must also remember the past

2020s - SF are Trumpian

F@€k off

All I can say is, as a member of the younger generation, FG aren't helping themselves. All my group chats are hopping with people furious at how this is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Bruton at it too - This attack is way too much and out of proportion.

"fake news" and "echo chamber of social media"

People are genuinely concerned about honesty and accountability in politics.

FG are coming out of this terribly!

Man complains about Tribalism is member of political party at heart of tribalist divisions dating back to Civil War when Sinn Fein split into different factions.

The irony of it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Didn't realise it was a no confidence vote in sinn fein. Look over there.

Thank God we are not playing the Sinn Fein drinking game, we'd be dead an hour ago.

This FG Lady doth protest too much methinks.

We are all disgusted with you and your party misses

sabat wrote: »
    I'm voting Sinn Fein for the first time in my life next election.

If anything would convince me to vote SF, this would be it.
    This is absolutely disgraceful carry on.

Jennifer McCarthy-McNeill will be given a few Gin and Ts on the house at the yacht club

Like she, totes, showed them Shinners ...

All I can say is, as a member of the younger generation, FG aren't helping themselves. All my group chats are hopping with people furious at how this is going.

There is hope in the youth, how can they not be livid with everything, glad I was young in the 90's. Godspeed youth of Ireland.

• Advertisement

How is this allowed though? Why isn't the ceann comhairle telling them to get back on topic? Why are the speeches allowed get so off topic?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement