Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

IngazZagni wrote: »
    He may give that impression but he’s a centrist. His policies are far closer to FG than SF.

For sure, but it doesn’t appear to matter to Irish-Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

WicklaWolf wrote: »
    If anything would convince me to vote SF, this would be it.
    This is absolutely disgraceful carry on.

Ditto.

I won't be because as I said - policy reasons, but by god I'm tempted. Particularly as I'm Cork NC and we had FG's Dara Murphy swan off into the sunset having being paid to do F all and allowed to get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

There is hope in the youth, how can they not be livid with everything, glad I was young in the 90's. Godspeed youth of Ireland.

It was 10 times worse in the 90s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Kerry comedy show is obviously drunk, again. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Healy Ray is a major embarrassment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Ten Pin wrote: »
    DHR attacking everyone who doesn't speak his language

He's great value.

It was 10 times worse in the 90s.

Nah, late 90s, I was doing all sorts of **** tier jobs, could rent a decent gaff in Dublin and go clubbing evey night. Things are far far harder financially now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Minister O'Toole? Freudian slip.....Maybe he is on the fast track and is failing up :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Nah, late 90s, I was doing all sorts of **** tier jobs, could rent a decent gaff in Dublin and go clubbing evey night. Things are far far harder financially now.

If you looked at how busy the pubs and clubs were pre covid you wouldn’t think that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Floppybits wrote: »
    The thing is that they have turned this into a SF bashing session because they have the numbers in the government, they really don't need to defend Varadkar and the government are letting of steam by having a go at SF. This is their moment.

Pretty much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

What is the badge that Thomas Pringle is wearing?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

We've seen how he works too Helen and that is why he is in the dock this evening and why his name and any credibility FG FF and the Greens have is in tatters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Helen McEntee up to bat. "He listens to every single position that is put forward...." via WhatsApp?

Nobotty wrote: »
    Pretty much

A funeral is now a political rally...that is bad taste, but not surprising given its from the talent-less McEntee whose stealing a living as justice minister

FFS, More SF whattaboutarry from our MOJ. I just have to laugh at this point....

ooter wrote: »
    What is the badge that Thomas Pringle is wearing?

Looks like a white poppy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Leo missed a trick here. No need for him to attack SF. If he was clever he would have just reapologised for his 'error in judgement' and sat down. He could have been seen to rise above all the childishness.

Shameless Egotist.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

sabat wrote: »
    I'm voting Sinn Fein for the first time in my life next election.

Is it because of their success in taking a three-year break from governing in NI?
    Or maybe you agree with their fiscal position post the financial crisis where they wanted to burn the bondholders and have us copy Syriza Greek policies?

I'm guessing it's actually the populism and that you're switching from PBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Christ almighty FG are dogsh*t. Spazzing out in Dáil Éireann this evening. Echo chamber indeed; they have no idea how poorly recieved this performance will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Leo missed a trick here. No need for him to attack SF. If he was clever he would have just reapologised for his 'error in judgement' and sat down. He could have been seen to rise above all the childishness.

Leo has to sit down now and worry that there is nothing else out there.

It would be, as somebody else said' appalling bad luck if he was caught on the one and only time he did this.

He's damaged goods now, a dodgy leader to lead another campaign when anything could come out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Varadkar is actually claiming fake news and saying that the Village is damaging to democracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I see Brid Smith hit him with the welfare cheats, cheats us all line. That comes back to haunt him all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭intellectual dosser

Whelo79 wrote: »

Fully agreed. He's saying things that don't need to be said, and may open him up for further scrutiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭An Claidheamh

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Looks like a white poppy

Quaker poppy, poppy for peace

Remembers all who died in conflict, proceeds do not go to the British military or any other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

They are stooping lower than any of these trolls with their fake news on social media.

Im disgusted with this.

SF picking up voters the longer they go on....

Young people dont care about the stuff in the past. How can FG not get that?

Is it because of their success in taking a three-year break from governing in NI?
    Or maybe you agree with their fiscal position post the financial crisis where they wanted to burn the bondholders and have us copy Syriza Greek policies?

Maybe, just maybe, it would be good to to let someone else drive this clown car for a bit at this stage.

Frankly cannot be any worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

s1ippy wrote: »
    Varadkar is actually claiming fake news and saying that the Village is damaging to democracy.

Well it was incorrect. He has a right to address it and let everyone know it’s bull****

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Do you seriously think that is the way to convince people?

Genuine question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Pathetic a strong word but there aren't any winners here, including SF.

It will get tallied up as yet another MONC they have tabled that has failed to pass. The coming weeks and months will tell us who bears the label of most pathetic out of all of this.

They can't really do parliamentary politics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement