Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

Well it was incorrect. He has a right to address it and let everyone know it’s bull****

Nope it was correct. And Leo admitted he should not have leaked the document.

Whether or not illegal, has not been clarified yet. Some former FG ministers think this type of leak is criminal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

WicklaWolf wrote: »

Young people dont care about the stuff in the past. How can FG not get that?

Its because themselves and FF are still living in the past and think that the carry on the got away in the past is acceptable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Whether or not illegal, has not been clarified yet. Some former FG ministers think this type of leak is criminal.

He was talking about the story from yesterday. Complete bs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The latest article they published about further meetings was incorrect. I believe that is what was addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Votail - Music sounds like they are doing some long winded countdown conundrum. Does it get faster at the end? Ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum dum tish.

Either that or they are playing Minecraft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Wombatman wrote: »
    Votail - Music sounds like they are doing some long winded countdown conundrum. Does it get faster at the end? Ba-dum ba-dum ba-dum dum tish.

Either that or they are playing Minecraft.

Some serious bass. My subwoofer is going mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

They huffed and puffed and fell over themselves .

So nothing changed so who's the next minister to have a sf spontaneous vote of no confidence ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Probably a stupid question...These votes aren't secret correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thankyoume

So when do they announce if they vote no confidence or not ??ðŸ˜

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Is it because of their success in taking a three-year break from governing in NI?
    Or maybe you agree with their fiscal position post the financial crisis where they wanted to burn the bondholders and have us copy Syriza Greek policies?

I'm guessing it's actually the populism and that you're switching from PBP.

None of those things, sorry. It's like I was saying on the Trump thread earlier, and what many FG TDs were saying in their spiels this evening-they're basically warning the public that they're not even allowed vote for a certain type of politician. When that happens you almost have a duty to remind them you can vote for whoever the fck you want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭RickDeckard

Gatling wrote: »
    They huffed and puffed and fell over themselves .

So nothing changed so who's the next minister to have a sf spontaneous vote of no confidence ?

Spontaneous? Downplay and divert, your gonna need bigger gun, I hope LV wins, drags this all out a bit longer and anniliate FFG for good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

sabat wrote: »
    None of those things, sorry. It's like I was saying on the Trump thread earlier, and what many FG TDs were saying in their spiels this evening-they're basically warning the public that they're not even allowed vote for a certain type of politician. When that happens you almost have a duty to remind them you can vote for whoever the fck you want.

Sorry but isn't that what all political parties do?

Tell people to vote them as the others are worst???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

One abstention from FF :rolleyes:

sabat wrote: »

I think the divide in politics is getting wider with the "left" name calling folks who vote incorrectly...

In the states over 70 million voted for Trump and the left are calling all those people stupid instead of trying to engage with them and see the reasons why they voted Trump...

Here we have FF & FG implying SF voters are stupids by suggesting they are wasting their vote...suggesting SF are wasting Dail time with the motion tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

s1ippy wrote: »
    Varadkar is actually claiming fake news and saying that the Village is damaging to democracy.

The village ruined this story though
    They,Bowes and cosgrave couldn't run a tap IMO
    The pile of gossipy whatsapps the other day and the wrong decision to go with the publication of the story at this time
    They should have went to SF and sat on it until election time
    Looking objectively at this debacle ,I don't see anyone shining

92 to 65 or thereabouts confidence motion passed on the board there

• Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Wombatman wrote: »
    One abstention from FF :rolleyes:

Don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    I think the divide in politics is getting wider with the "left" name calling folks who vote incorrectly...

In the states over 70 million voted for Trump and the left are calling all those people stupid instead of trying to engage with them and see the reasons why they voted Trump...

Here we have FF & FG implying SF voters are stupids by suggesting they are wasting their vote...suggesting SF are wasting Dail time with the motion tonight

I'm sorry are you claiming FF and FG are left wing?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Spontaneous

Sorry spontaneous I ment regularly .

Face it another waste of fuax rage from the usuals .

As most people are more concerned with Christmas and covid rather than who sf wants sacked this week ,

The majority on posts in this thread came from the same few posters ,how many people watched the stream 1,400 mostly Raving loons going by the comments alone

Anyway the story is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

I hope FF are not double voting.

I'm sorry are you claiming FF and FG are left wing?

Not a bit, both parties slightly right of center...But i believe FG & FF see themselves as being to the left of center, thus why i used " "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,850 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Nobotty wrote: »
    The village ruined this story though
    They,Bowes and cosgrave couldn't run a tap IMO
    The pile of gossipy whatsapps the other day and the wrong decision to go with the publication of the story at this time
    They should have went to SF and sat on it until election time
    Looking objectively at this debacle ,I don't see anyone shining

92 to 65 or thereabouts confidence motion passed on the board there

What FG have to worry about now, is are they sitting on something to throw out again.

One more suggestion of this kind of carry on and Leo and those who defended him are gone.

If I was FG, I would be wondering f the masters of the long game are waiting in the long grass. They have done maximum damage to the FF vote with this, imagine the damage another revelation would do in an election campaign.

I think Leo will be shuffled quietly off the stage over the next while tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Well it was incorrect. He has a right to address it and let everyone know it’s bull****
    What was incorrect?

He was referring to the publication of the story generally.
    What FG have to worry about now, is are they sitting on something to throw out again.

One more suggestion of this kind of carry on and Leo and those who defended him are gone.

If I was FG, I would be wondering f the masters of the long game are waiting in the long grass. They have done maximum damage to the FF vote with this, imagine the damage another revelation would do in an election campaign.

I think Leo will be shuffled quietly off the stage over the next while tbh.
    Into a cushy vulture fund management job, he has the brass neck for it.

God I can't wait till he's gone, he's such a sinister presence now that he doesn't think he's Bruce Wayne millionaire playboy superhero.

What was incorrect?

He was referring to the publication of the story generally.

No he wasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Leo the Leak survives but he gets to keep the nickname. That's politics.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

No he wasn’t.
    Great debating skills on full display tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,456 ✭✭✭Nollog

92 people have confidence that any public servant can now share details of a deal if they want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

/\/ollog wrote: »
    92 people have confidence that any public servant can now share details of a deal if they want to.

A fcukin jokeshop of a setup.

Great debating skills on full display tonight.

There is no debate about it.
    He even stated 5 or 6 dates that were incorrect... he was talking about the recent story they published yesterday.

I could say something smart back to you if that’s the type of debate you are use to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Thankyoume

I thought the voting just took a few minutes 🀨

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 WicklaWolf

/\/ollog wrote: »

This is it. A terrible precedent is set and standards publicly lowered.

And there's still a strong case this leak was illegal...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement