Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

I think we will have to wait for SIPO to decide that issue.

You were listening to Pat Kenny this morning.

So you know he read out the word for word piece which shows he did nothing illegal or wrong according to the rules.

You did hear that piece yes?

You were quick to tell us how Mary Lou had ripped Pat to pieces so I'm guessing you heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

The Village looks like idiots now! What a waste of time and energy.

Nah. A glimpse of the privilege and sense of immunity some of the FG headbangers operate with. Looks to me as if it's done alot of damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Well that was a complete waste of time and money. 30k to rent the Convention Centre for that farce. SF could use the 30k lodged in back accounts to pay for it - nice gesture even if the exchange rate would be the official going rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,656 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Did Leo break covid rules by having friends over to Farmleigh?

There were reports back in July that he held a leaving party in the Stewards Lodge in Farmleigh, was said there was loads of cars outside and people coming and going
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    The govt defence is that SF are terrible so vote for us because we're less terrible....what a wonderful world of waffle we now live in

yeah its kind of funny, during the last election FG spent much of the campaign attacking SF for the Troubles, nobody cared and FG lost the election. The more FG attack SF using childish methods the more the SF vote grows, FG are SFs greatest recruiting asset and they havent even realised it.

If I was a civil servant on the take wonder if I could use this as a precedent incase I got caught? Could do serious gaming of a tending process with this type of immunity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Varadkar was 20% ahead of any other party leader in the last approval poll. I'd wager he will still be ahead in the next one.

The vast majority of those outraged by this were never going to be voting FG/Varadkar anyway. People living in their own echo chambers will not appreciate that.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    There were reports back in July that he held a leaving party in the Stewards Lodge in Farmleigh, was said there was loads of cars outside and people coming and going

yeah its kind of funny, during the last election FG spent much of the campaign attacking SF for the Troubles, nobody cared and FG lost the election. The more FG attack SF using childish methods the more the SF vote grows, FG are SFs greatest recruiting asset and they havent even realised it.

What reports?

Were they verified, can you show us?

Were restrictions not eased in July?

We need more info on your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

You were listening to Pat Kenny this morning.

So you know he read out the word for word piece which shows he did nothing illegal or wrong according to the rules.

You did hear that piece yes?

You were quick to tell us how Mary Lou had ripped Pat to pieces so I'm guessing you heard it.

Yes, and I also read the legal opinion given to the Village.

We have to await a pronouncement from SIPO on this, before calling it.

Paul Murphy was allowed to say 'there is evidence that indicates a crime was committed by the CC'.

Try and see the whole picture JJ, not just that which chimes with your own opinion.

Yes, and I also read the legal opinion given to the Village.

We have to await a pronouncement from SIPO on this, before calling it.

Paul Murphy was allowed to say 'there is evidence that indicates a crime was committed by the CC'.

Try and see the whole picture JJ, not just that which chimes with your own opinion.

Well it's in the Gards hands now.

So we will see.

The most bizarre claim of the night was Harris's Trump one, as we move swiftly on to a FG appointed judge refusing to vacate his bench.

You couldn't write that level of self awareness tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Leo is toast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Leo is toast.

tumblr_o93b9einVw1rpduwho1_500.gifv

Oops Aodhán attacking SF.

4 million.

Oops!!

Leo is toast.

It's as it was at the start of this, Leo is valuable to the opposition, in or out of his job.

The political capital gained from this is high and will get higher. By the time of an election the 'favours for insiders and the elite' will be an election issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

Why did LV take off his poppy badge when he was addressing the dail just before the vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

As payback for the support he has received we will see Leo step down in the summer and Simon C take over.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

What reports?

Were they verified, can you show us?

Were restrictions not eased in July?

We need more info on your claim.

10 from 4 households for homes
    50 for functions which would include catering staff,

Pretty clear that restrictions are been breached numerous times by the FG party, very hard to preach to others about restrictions if you 're blatantly flouting them yourself,

Pretty clear that restrictions are been breached numerous times by the FG party, very hard to preach to others about restrictions if you 're blatantly flouting them yourself,

As this was not a state function I take it that Leo cleaned up after the party himself or hired cleaners at this own expense to clean up? We know how the FG folks on here are so focused on costs and wastes of money.

The iceberg is there and it's full steam ahead now. FFG has been welded together in unholy matrimony. And instead of the bottle of champagne breaking off the bow to launch the ill-fated vessel it's a bottle of Varadkar's piss!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Floppybits wrote: »
    As payback for the support he has received we will see Leo step down in the summer and Simon C take over.

January, Coveney wont chance letting him plant any more landmines, FG posters already digging at Callaghan so he isn't going to let Mickey Martin sit much longer, so we'll be exchanging the preening peacock and the dribbling langer, for two elitist dullards ,

• Advertisement

Where are these reports you are backing up?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,488 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Ok lads, bang bang put to bed.....what’s yer next target?

As this was not a state function I take it that Leo cleaned up after the party himself or hired cleaners at this own expense to clean up? We know how the FG folks on here are so focused on costs and wastes of money.

Any evidence at all, anything will do to what you are claiming here?

Anything will do.

January, Coveney wont chance letting him plant any more landmines, FG posters already digging at Callaghan so he isn't going to let Mickey Martin sit much longer, so we'll be exchanging the preening peacock and the dribbling langer, for two elitist dullards ,

I would be surprised if it was that soon especially after this leaking story. As for the landmines, Varadkar planted a field of Landmines with the performance of the last government and they are all exploding on this government.

Ok lads, bang bang put to bed.....what’s yer next target?

FG appointed him. ;)

Any evidence at all, anything will do to what you are claiming here?

Anything will do.

I asked a question based on question asked of Leo Varadkar tonight. What's your problem?

Anyone know why Heather didn't vote?
    https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1326275909771530243

I asked a question based on question asked of Leo Varadkar tonight. What's your problem?

You asked a question based on a question that wasn't backed up or answered???

Riggght so...

No problem, just after the lies been put as fact over the last few days I'm cynical.

Just wish we could stick to the facts and not imaginary fairytales.

Was it due to pairing that she didn't vote?

• Advertisement

You asked a question based on a question that wasn't backed up or answered???

Riggght so...

:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement