Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

s1ippy wrote: »

Surely another vote of no confidence is required for this major scandal.

/sarcasm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Ha! I've seen him all over Irish twitter. As an aside-who thinks Simon Harris is wearing makeup in his profile pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

McMurphy wrote: »
    Who is the owner of the twitter account in question does anyone know?

Pm if needed.

Edit, no need I have it sussed myself. Jesus.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

If anything it highlights the complete lack of accountability and massively flawed system we have which protects against the cronyism he demonstrated.

A lot of TDs flung themselves to his aid and into the path of his blusterbuss in the process. His smug superiority is diminished and he probably thinks he's untouchable so it's only a matter of time before one of his indiscretions comes back to finish him off.

Damage done to the coalition, Leo's image, the credibility of the Dáil and ultimately the government but no satisfaction in the face of blatant corruption. A disappointing outcome for all and to suggest some sort of victory for Leo or yourself is typical but falsely claimed.

Also this Danny Boy situation is very questionable. Who the hell is he and why are two prominent members of government retweeting him, enabling him to get so many followers only for him to successfully scam many of them? Why would they use his data? What is their connection to him and what are his qualifications to be used as a source?

sabat wrote: »
    Ha! I've seen him all over Irish twitter. As an aside-who thinks Simon Harris is wearing makeup in his profile pic?

Are you telling me that you aren't wearing makeup in your twitter profile pic? Sort yourself out man :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Lads you can place this whole silly saga on to this list of things that the Pintman got right.

Despite the bluster and grand predictions of governments falling and Leo being gone within days, it was a total damp squib.

A lot of egg on posters of this thread's face. Embarassed themselves in a frenzied excitement reading tweets by that tool Cosgrave and that dodgy squealer Chat Bowes.

Should've listened to the Pintman.

Spot on, Pintman. You're as an astute a reader of the politics game as I am of the national hunt game.

Calling the motion of no confidence was an extraordinarily poor call by the strategists of SF. What were they up to?

If anything it highlights the complete lack of accountability and massively flawed system we have which protects against the cronyism he demonstrated.

A lot of TDs flung themselves to his aid and into the path of his blusterbuss in the process. His smug superiority is diminished and he probably thinks he's untouchable so it's only a matter of time before one of his indiscretions comes back to finish him off.

Damage done to the coalition, Leo's image, the credibility of the Dáil and ultimately the government but no satisfaction in the face of blatant corruption. A disappointing outcome for all and to suggest some sort of victory for Leo or yourself is typical but falsely claimed.

Also this Danny Boy situation is very questionable. Who the hell is he and why are two prominent members of government retweeting him, enabling him to get so many followers only for him to successfully scam many of them? Why would they use his data? What is their connection to him and what are his qualifications to be used as a source?

Christ lad, you're going for some reach there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

It's someone linked to YFG I think. He talks to David Higgins formerly YFG all the time on Covid.

Lads you can place this whole silly saga on to this list of things that the Pintman got right.

Despite the bluster and grand predictions of governments falling and Leo being gone within days, it was a total damp squib.

A lot of egg on posters of this thread's face. Embarassed themselves in a frenzied excitement reading tweets by that tool Cosgrave and that dodgy squealer Chat Bowes.

Should've listened to the Pintman.

We harken back to the sage words of the oracle on October 31st:
    I'm afraid this one isn't going to be the big explosive exposé that the conspiracy theorists want. A good statement this afternoon and then get back to the important work of fighting Coronavirus. Will be forgotten by next week.

I would deposit that crystal ball of yours in the nearest skip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Spot on, Pintman. You're as an astute a reader of the politics game as I am of the national hunt game.

Calling the motion of no confidence was an extraordinarily poor call by the strategists of SF. What were they up to?

For FineGael & Leo Varadkar politics is about resolving conflict and bringing people with you through competence & compassion. For SF politics is about theatre and creating division.

A bunch of loudmouth populists who appeal to the lowest common denominator. Thankfully the majority of Irish people reject their snake oil.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

We harken back to the sage words of the oracle on October 31st:

I would deposit that crystal ball of yours in the nearest skip.

Pull up the ones about

"The village have more to come...Varadkar will be gone by Friday...The government will fall on this..."

They were funnier. I was more or less right. This issue is done now. Ended with an overwhelming endorsement of confidence in Leo and SF have made themselves look like tits once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I just wonder now that they've all nailed themselves to the Leo mask if something is going to come out soon to sink them all.

Anyway. I didnt vote for any of the 3 lovebirds last time and I never will again after 30 years of voting FG.
    Moral fortitude is important. They've shown they don't have any.

Anyway. I didnt vote for any of the 3 lovebirds last time and I never will again after 30 years of voting FG.

Let me guess, you are now going to vote SF just because of this extraordinary scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Pull up the ones about

"The village have more to come...Varadkar will be gone by Friday...The government will fall on this..."

They were funnier. I was more or less right. This issue is done now. Ended with an overwhelming endorsement of confidence in Leo and SF have made themselves look like tits once again.

Who says this is over? SIPO and the Gardai have to have a look yet.

Who says this is over? SIPO and the Gardai have to have a look yet.

SIPO are going looking at a few things it would seem.....

I just wonder now that they've all nailed themselves to the Leo mask if something is going to come out soon to sink them all.

Moral fortitude is important. They've shown they don't have any.

He survived this time but he's used up all his excuses and good PR in defending himself so the next one will finish him. If I was a journalist I'd be sniffing around big tech links-Varadkar seems like just the type to be mouthing off things he shouldn't to impress some Silicon Valley bigwigs.

As always, the national treasure that is Miriam Lord sums it all up.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-coalition-rows-in-behind-leo-as-sinn-f%C3%A9in-battered-from-pillar-to-post-1.4405906

Pay for journalism, folks. That's the major takeaway from all this nonsense. Social Media needs outrage if it's to function.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,218 ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

For FineGael & Leo Varadkar politics is about resolving conflict and bringing people with you through competence & compassion.

Competence - dodgy sanitizer, children's hospital, national broadband plan, housing crises, trolley crises, track and trace implosion etc etc

Compassion - LV personally promises no more victims of cervical cancer scandal will be dragged through courts - victims dragged through courts. That alone shows such an appalling lack of compassion that I won't over egg it with other examples.

Conflict - is not resolved by screaming Sinn Fein every time someone criticises them.

SIPO are going looking at a few things it would seem.....

What else has been brought to them in a complaint apart from the activities of the Tanaiste?

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/miriam-lord-coalition-rows-in-behind-leo-as-sinn-f%C3%A9in-battered-from-pillar-to-post-1.4405906

Pay for journalism, folks. That's the major takeaway from all this nonsense. Social Media needs outrage if it's to function.
    Did we read the same article?

• Advertisement

Did we read the same article?

Nobody hates social media more than lazy journalists and those in the media and entertainmant that are stealing a living.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Let me guess, you are now going to vote SF just because of this extraordinary scandal.

Youve got go be kidding me. Vote for murderous, money laundering supporting thugs.. Even if they now wear suits.... Not a hope

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Youve got go be kidding me. Vote for murderous, money laundering thugs.. Even if they now wear suits.... Not a hope

Ah stop talking about FG like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,640 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Ouch, she was quite vicious and correct in her attack on SF. :D

As I correctly predicted, SF snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It started today with Pat Kenny tying MLMD in knots about her own false statements in the Dail, yet she won't resign because of it well, just cause....
    and the Bobby Storey political rally is a 'do as I say, not as I do' moment as well.

We had Eoin o'Broin on Claire Bryne getting it from both Claire Byrne and Jennifer Carroll MacNeill, who were well able for the SF spin.

We even had Labour giving it to SF and their hypocrisy about them being 'The ethical Left' and their €4 million euro gift and the old boys in Belfast running SF from behind the scene.

All in all the motion was defeated and SF has been left with nothing.

Best summed up by Miriam Lord.
    The perpetually affronted tried to topple the Tánaiste again on Tuesday. Different arena, same tired rhetoric.
    But if the lionising of Leo was hard to take, the lack of any fresh argument amid the overweening smug self-righteousness radiating from the other side was even worse.
    But Sinn Féin wanted to keep it going, serving up the reheated and rehashed remains of the controversy with a no confidence motion in the Tánaiste. Not the best idea, when the only weapon in their arsenal was the familiar recitation of phrases beginning with “the politics of . . .” ending with any combination of “cosy club” “cosy club culture” “old boys network” “golden circle” “insider culture” and “Brian Hayes”. While, crucially, “calling time” on all of this.
    If Sinn Féin came to bury the Tánaiste, Varadkar’s Government colleagues responded by going all out to bury the Shinners.

The Fine Gael and Fianna Fail TDs were vicious. Sinn Féin was battered from pillar to post by a wave of Government deputies who grabbed the party by its wrinkled cliches until they popped. One after another, they seized on the meaningless buzzwords and soundbites and threw them back at their political pushers.
    As the session came to a close, Independent TD for Louth Peter Fitzpatrick declared the whole exercise had been a waste of time. As a confidence motion required all members of the Dáil to take part in a full vote, Tuesday’s proceedings had to move from Leinster House to the Convention Centre in accordance with Covid-19 distancing rules at a cost of €25,000.
    Simon Coveney lashed out at Sinn Féin’s “faceless online trolls and their backers” who were “sustaining a political smear campaign masquerading as whistleblowing to inflict maximum political damage”. It was “the politics of division and resentment”
    Labour’s Aodhán Ó Ríordáin said his party was voting no confidence in the Tánaiste, but wasn’t doing out of any respect for Sinn Féin, which presents itself “as a friend of the ethical left” but is nothing of the sort: They practise insider politics and are in thrall to an old boys club in Belfast when saying they want to stand against it.
    Joe McHugh told fellow Donegal TD Pearse Doherty: “you can do all the shouting and roaring you want, you will not be making the decisions, it will be the boys around that monitor in the old boys club in Belfast tonight.”

As I said, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. :pac::pac:

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    I see Chay Bowes is using the publicity to promote his new business venture.

Paddy Cosgrave retweeted it also, wonder is he involved.

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1326241921887571968?s=19

Is it unfair to call them grifters?

https://gript.ie/gay-sex-russia-and-sinn-fein-the-secret-obsessions-of-varadkar-whistleblower-chay-bowes/

OK it is the gript.ie but it does appear that those tweets are from Chay Bowes......

In what world do you think it's a good idea, to retweet homophobic stuff like this?

Webp.net-resizeimage-1.jpg

CB-wrong.png

and weird conspiracy stuff like this?

cb-NWO.png

Islamaphobic too?

cb-islam.png

He seems a bit unhinged tbh, he is certainly no Maurice McCabe.

One has to wonder, given his homophobic tweets, was that motivation for being so against Leo?

The FG spin on this, dying a familiar death where they wanted to try and score some cheap points, on the social media they arrogantly whinge about when they get answered back. They'll never learn.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1326274488921690112

Votes of No Confidence rarely fail Mark. This one is intended to pressure on several levels and is already.

Politically a brilliant move really.

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1326252160099692544

Wrong again Francie.

But have Fine Gael foolishly played the all-out attack on Sinn Féin card when it was probably unnecessary? That's now gone from their armoury when they'll really need to use it and it's still very early in the life of the dáil. They're generating a lot of negative feedback on sm from their approach and any attempt to use it again will just help SF.

• Advertisement

The FG spin on this, dying a familiar death where they wanted to try and score some cheap points, on the social media they arrogantly whinge about when they get answered back. They'll never learn.

https://twitter.com/FineGael/status/1326274488921690112

https://twitter.com/BrianDBourke/status/1256941338202984448?s=20

Lest we forget, there's a non-exhaustive list.
    sabat wrote: »
    But have Fine Gael foolishly played the all-out attack on Sinn Féin card when it was probably unnecessary? That's now gone from their armoury when they'll really need to use it and it's still very early in the life of the dáil. They're generating a lot of negative feedback on sm from their approach and any attempt to use it again will just help SF.
    You're absolutely right.

My twitter feed is absolutely swamped with palpable public anger interspersed with frantic PR posts trying to salvage some goodwill. Simon Harris and Leo Varadkar, leo the leak trending constantly. Concannon not earning the wage on this one, they're getting dogs abuse. I guess spin can get out of control and do a lot of collateral damage. It'll be a joy to see what a blow this was for them all.

What a stupid debacle this has been.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement