Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,652 ✭✭✭Floppybits

If FG end up in opposition how can they ever hold a government to account after all that they done? Let's say SF get into government and one of the ministers passes a confidential document to a mate via back channels like Leo, how would FG be able to hold then to account when they have just said that it is ok?

Even look at the 2 SF senators that resigned after the covid payments and what Darragh Murphy did and their supporters on here jeering SF over it. Still not a penny paid back by Murphy, the only thing from him is a big F U to irish people and with the support of FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

I certainly wouldnt support someone i disagree with?

It deosnt make sense to me to do so

But you do realise we would have no functioning government in this country if you got your way and they had to resign every time they did something you disagreed with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭gadarnol

Floppybits wrote: »
    As Trump said before he could shoot someone on the street and he would get away with it, its the same here for FG. Nothing they have done, are doing or will do would make their supporters think enough is enough. We have seen a TD double jobbing and claiming expenses here waddle off into the sunset and all FG did was shrug their shoulders, we have seen their Leader leak confidential documents to a mate and all they did was wave their hands and say nothing to see here, now we have 2 controversies the sipo appointment and the Woulfe affair and still they shrug their shoulders.

The only reason I can think is that they are terrified of facing the public that is why you will hear cliches like the public are not interested, they would never forgive for bringing down the government, etc. Any decent person would be ashamed to be associated with the FG party after what has gone on

Exactly right. Add in the Trump tactics of accusing others of what you are doing yourself and what you have is FG. A party that list its way under Bruton and Flanagan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

But i couldnt support someone i disagree with??

Its incomprehemsible to me,people will cheerlead decisions they dont support and those that make them

So you agree with SF supporting a tax cheat in the name of Slab Murphy?

But i couldnt support someone i disagree with??

Its incomprehemsible to me,people will cheerlead decisions they dont support and those that make them

I really don't get your line of thinking, and find it completely illogical and out of sync with reality, so we should probably leave it there to save everyone else a pointless back and forth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Scoondal

Leo Varadkar... admitted what he did. Still Tanaiste. Well done Ireland. It's a great country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Where have they supported him?

Hasnt he repaid his debt to society,by serving time in jail?

Mary Lou called him a good republican.

Good night Blaaz.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    But you do realise we would have no functioning government in this country if you got your way and they had to resign every time they did something you disagreed with?

Maybe a few resignations or sacking are what we need in government to restore the trust of the people in the political structure. Looking at it now it seems that TDs in government are above the any regulations between flouting covid regulations, double jobbing and claiming expenses, to leaking confidential documents to mates, keeping other applications for a position quiet so that they can get their own man into the position and all that happens is the government get offended that they have to defend this behaviour and attack an opposition party because they had the termerity to bring a no confidence motion against them. Shocking and disgusting behaviour.

What can you not get....i dont support people doing wrong decisions

Why would you support someone,who.makes decisions you disagree with??

I've answered this already and have suggested we stop going around in circles.

Mary Lou called him a good republican.

Good night Blaaz.

And varadkar waved darragh Murphy off to his job in Europe after being found out for double jobbing and still claiming expenses here even though he hadn't been seen in the Dail for months.

This tit for tat could keep going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Bishop of hope

So you support something,you dont like

How deos that work?

You look at the alternatives and go fcuk me, what a disaster that is.
    And listening to or reading the perpetually annoyed doesn't change my feelings on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Nobotty

Blaazz_ That might be pushing it a bit :D :pac:

You havnt answered......why do you support people,who make decisions,you disagree with??

Your happy enough to fire all sorts of spurious qs to me,but run from a simple one in return,

I have answered several times. Go back and read my posts if you feel I didn't.

I'm just not going to reply anymore because I'm sure we are annoying anyone else trying to read the thread with this ridiculous back and forth.

This is turning into nothing more than a p*ssing contest to see which party can out do the other on wrong doings. What a depressing state of affairs this is if this is all that can be said.

We could all agree, but an echo chamber isn't much fun.
    We have the best of a bad lot imo and even if you don't agree, we have the biggest collective of what the people of Ireland voted for agreeing enough to govern.
    Next time will probably be different, has been every election in recent times.

Except you havnt??

It’s how they work: deflection by focusing on a lack of forensic expression on an Internet forum. The goal isn’t to ask you anything, it’s to obscure the fact that a SIPO nominee is a former lobbyist for NAGP. SIPO have to process Paul Murphy’s complaint against Varadkar for leaking to NAGP. They’d have got away with it apart from Doherty calling them out in the Dáil. She was a FF nominee. FG think they did badly in last GE because they weren’t on social media properly. :rolleyes:

We could all agree, but an echo chamber isn't much fun.
    We have the best of a bad lot imo and even if you don't agree, we have the biggest collective of what the people of Ireland voted for agreeing enough to govern.
    Next time will probably be different, has been every election in recent times.

Maybe at the start of this government I would have agreed with you about the best of a bad lot but it has been one disaster after another from the start. As for the main opposition party they have been nearly as bad with cullinane carry on when he was elected and the funeral up the North. At the moment I am not seeing any party except maybe the Soc Dems to vote for and they don't have a candidate in my area.

Maybe at the start of this government I would have agreed with you about the best of a bad lot but it has been one disaster after another from the start. As for the main opposition party they have been nearly as bad with cullinane carry on when he was elected and the funeral up the North. At the moment I am not seeing any party except maybe the Soc Dems to vote for and they don't have a candidate in my area.

Pretty similar here Tbf.
    Just at the minute though I don't think an election would change the political landscape much, maybe make it worse at a critical time.
    Apart from the Leo ****show though the govt haven't been doing too badly governing wise and the country is running as well as possible right now.
    The Woulfe thing and the current appointment issue aren't anything to do with that.
    Sinn féin in govt right now would be a disaster as brexit would be just a weapon for them in their reunification fight. The economy the affects of it on that would only be a sideline to them even if they had a realistic economic policy.

gadarnol wrote: »
    I
    FG think they did badly in last GE because they weren’t on social media properly. :rolleyes:

If yesterday is anything to go by whoever is running the FG twitter account needs a few lessons. They maybe on social media but when the majority of your posts are attacking the opposition and not promoting your own performance then you are losing and probably losing on a bigger scale than not being on social media.

If yesterday is anything to go by whoever is running the FG twitter account needs a few lessons. They maybe on social media but when the majority of your posts are attacking the opposition and not promoting your own performance then you are losing and probably losing on a bigger scale than not being on social media.

They'd do much better on social media if they acted like the opposition didn't even exist.

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    They'd do much better on social media if they acted like the opposition didn't even exist.

Agreed. If they focused on their own achievements rather than focusing on the opposition they might do better. Then again if what I am hearing about what some member of YFG said in the times tomorrow is right they are not going to win any friends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

But that's the **** you lads are shouting all the time about FF and FG too.
    Take a look in the mirror before you preach that peach :D

What were you expecting on a thread about FG and it's leader, who had to go through an unprecedented session in the Dáil and face a Confidence vote? Achat about SF and the RA?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

So has the leak thing fizzled out now or is there more to come?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,848 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

SIPO and Garda investigation apparently.

Are FG still pretending to be competent?

Kinda fizzled out but Leo is going to be known as leotheleak forever more. Things have moved on now, now we have a FG judicial appointment causing a headache, FF adding a person, who was a lobbyist for the union leo passed the confidential docs to, as a member of SIPO who will looking into the complaint from Paul Murphy about Varadkars leaking of confidential documents. Oh yeah and there is now the controversy were the FG justice minister did not tell the Taoiseach about the other applicants for the supreme Court judge job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

LV shown to leak confidential information to a pal. FF/FG/Greens shrugged it off. Really poor show from the law and order party. It'll hang over them for a few years id imagine. Leo for the rest of his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,487 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Bowie wrote: »
    LV shown to leak confidential information to a pal. FF/FG/Greens shrugged it off. Really poor show from the law and order party. It'll hang over them for a few years id imagine. Leo for the rest of his career.

Just like Cullinane and Dessie and Co.

The Woulfe contraversary is an impasse between judges that they're trying to make the govt responsible for.
    Even the opposition don't know how to handle this one.
    His appointment and the manner of it was the only thing that should be questionable and answerable by the govt.
    There are questionable motives behind that as he wasn't a judge and he is a FG member.
    But Jaab recommended him, their only recommendation.
    Did the Minister and cabinet just appoint him for that reason or his political allegiance?
    Both sides will cite their beliefs on the reason for it.
    Can he even be impeached for something like Golfgate as it appears that apart from being there he broke no laws apparently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Glad to see people have finally begrudgingly accepted that this has fizzled out and the Pintman called it right from the start.

Next time you see Paddy Cosgrave and the Village involved, don't get so excited. Stick to real journalists and activists before you get yourselves worked up in to a tizzy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Glad to see people have finally begrudgingly accepted that this has fizzled out and the Pintman called it right from the start.

Next time you see Paddy Cosgrave and the Village involved, don't get so excited. Stick to real journalists and activists before you get yourselves worked up in to a tizzy.

You might as well be talking to the wall, Paddy. We live in a world where some unemployed malcontent with a twitter account and a couple of thousand followers is somehow seen by a portion of society as being a voice of reason, research, and respectability.

It's the type of world we now live in. Grim enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement